Thread: Bottom 10

Default Bottom 10

Check out this week's Bottom 10. WKU is no longer #1, FAU/FIU remain and UNT holds down the #10 spot after losing to us. Interestingly, LA Tech is on the Waiting List at 1-4, along with ULM. Gotta love the separation.

ESPN.com's Bottom 10
    RANK TEAM '10 RECORD COMMENT
    1. Eastern Michigan 0-5 "Jealous Again": Western Kentucky might actually be jealous of the Eagles. EMU has lost 17 games in a row heading into Saturday night's contest at Vanderbilt; the Hilltoppers have dropped 24 in a row.
    2. Western Kentucky 0-4 "She Talks To Angels": The Hilltoppers are probably praying a lot this week. Their 24-game drought -- the longest losing streak in the country -- might end at winless Florida International on Saturday.
    3. New Mexico 0-5 "Could I've Been So Blind": New Mexico officials have to be asking that question after watching coach Mike Locksley lose another game, 38-20 to UTEP last week.
    4. New Mexico State 0-4 "Struttin' Blues": Even after losing 59-0 to Boise State, the Aggies might have a little swagger on Saturday night -- the Lobos will be standing on the other sideline.
    5. Georgia 1-4 "Seeing Things": Bulldogs coach Mark Richt had to be wiping his eyes after tailback Caleb King fumbled in the final minutes of last week's 29-27 loss at Colorado.
    6. Akron 0-5 "Remedy": The Zips might find a remedy for their woeful 0-5 start; they play at 1-3 Kent State on Saturday.
    7. San Jose State 1-4 "Hard To Handle": The hapless Spartans couldn't even handle an FCS foe, blowing a 13-point lead in a 14-13 loss to UC-Davis last week. It was UC-Davis' second win over an FBS opponent.
    8. F_U 1-7 "Twice As Hard": Might we actually witness an F_U sweep this weekend? Florida International (0-4) hosts 0-4 Western Kentucky; Florida Atlantic (1-3) plays at 1-3 Louisiana-Monroe.
    9. Memphis 1-4 "Sting Me": The Tigers are still stinging from last week's 48-7 loss to Tulsa. Memphis had four turnovers and allowed the Golden Hurricane to gain 447 yards of offense.
    10. North Texas 1-4 "Sister Luck": The not-so-Mean Green have to feel like they're jinxed after Louisiana-Lafayette blocked an extra-point try with 31 seconds left to secure a 28-27 victory last week.

Waiting list: Duke (1-4), Minnesota (1-4), LSU's late-game management, Marshall (1-4), Rice (1-4), Tennessee's 7-3-3 defense, Bowling Green (1-4), USC's dynasty, Colorado State (1-4), Rutgers' homecoming, BYU (1-4), Louisiana-Monroe (1-3), Florida's jump pass, Louisiana Tech (1-4), Colorado fans storming the field after beating a 1-4 team, UNLV (1-4), Washington State (1-4), Mark Schlabach's upset pick (again).

Default Re: Bottom 10

Ouch, UGA at #5? I'm sure Richt is having trouble sleeping at night. UGA is on the same level as Ole Miss, hopefully the Cajuns will fare better in Oxford!

igeaux.mobi

This article is absolutely terrible. The guy tries to be overly funny and just isn't and when he does try to throw out legitimate stats, they are mostly incorrect. Not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Check out this week's Bottom 10. WKU is no longer #1, FAU/FIU remain and UNT holds down the #10 spot after losing to us. Interestingly, LA Tech is on the Waiting List at 1-4, along with ULM. Gotta love the separation.

ESPN.com's Bottom 10
    RANK TEAM '10 RECORD COMMENT
    1. Eastern Michigan 0-5 "Jealous Again": Western Kentucky might actually be jealous of the Eagles. EMU has lost 17 games in a row heading into Saturday night's contest at Vanderbilt; the Hilltoppers have dropped 24 in a row.
    2. Western Kentucky 0-4 "She Talks To Angels": The Hilltoppers are probably praying a lot this week. Their 24-game drought -- the longest losing streak in the country -- might end at winless Florida International on Saturday.
    3. New Mexico 0-5 "Could I've Been So Blind": New Mexico officials have to be asking that question after watching coach Mike Locksley lose another game, 38-20 to UTEP last week.
    4. New Mexico State 0-4 "Struttin' Blues": Even after losing 59-0 to Boise State, the Aggies might have a little swagger on Saturday night -- the Lobos will be standing on the other sideline.
    5. Georgia 1-4 "Seeing Things": Bulldogs coach Mark Richt had to be wiping his eyes after tailback Caleb King fumbled in the final minutes of last week's 29-27 loss at Colorado.
    6. Akron 0-5 "Remedy": The Zips might find a remedy for their woeful 0-5 start; they play at 1-3 Kent State on Saturday.
    7. San Jose State 1-4 "Hard To Handle": The hapless Spartans couldn't even handle an FCS foe, blowing a 13-point lead in a 14-13 loss to UC-Davis last week. It was UC-Davis' second win over an FBS opponent.
    8. F_U 1-7 "Twice As Hard": Might we actually witness an F_U sweep this weekend? Florida International (0-4) hosts 0-4 Western Kentucky; Florida Atlantic (1-3) plays at 1-3 Louisiana-Monroe.
    9. Memphis 1-4 "Sting Me": The Tigers are still stinging from last week's 48-7 loss to Tulsa. Memphis had four turnovers and allowed the Golden Hurricane to gain 447 yards of offense.
    10. North Texas 1-4 "Sister Luck": The not-so-Mean Green have to feel like they're jinxed after Louisiana-Lafayette blocked an extra-point try with 31 seconds left to secure a 28-27 victory last week.

Waiting list: Duke (1-4), Minnesota (1-4), LSU's late-game management, Marshall (1-4), Rice (1-4), Tennessee's 7-3-3 defense, Bowling Green (1-4), USC's dynasty, Colorado State (1-4), Rutgers' homecoming, BYU (1-4), Louisiana-Monroe (1-3), Florida's jump pass, Louisiana Tech (1-4), Colorado fans storming the field after beating a 1-4 team, UNLV (1-4), Washington State (1-4), Mark Schlabach's upset pick (again). _

I never pay attention to this ranking as someone who is likley not athletic in anyway makes light of tremdous sacrifice all college athletes undergo in an unsuccessful attempt to be humorous.

It kind of sucks looking at UGA's record and knowing that we were the only team that lost to them this year. I know that is how is "supposed" to be, just saying it sucks when you think about it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    It kind of sucks looking at UGA's record and knowing that we were the only team that lost to them this year. I know that is how is "supposed" to be, just saying it sucks when you think about it.
    We coulda beat em.

We just needed some film.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I never pay attention to this ranking as someone who is likley not athletic in anyway makes light of tremdous sacrifice all college athletes undergo in an unsuccessful attempt to be humorous. _
    The only time I think it's funny is when the big boys who are actually doing well get a gentle poke for some oops. Not too funny when programs are struggling and the kids are working hard playing teams they have little chance to beat. You hit it right.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bottom 10

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    _ It kind of sucks looking at UGA's record and knowing that we were the only team that lost to them this year. I know that is how is "supposed" to be, just saying it sucks when you think about it. _
    Memphis' only win was against Middle! I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse, but I'll choose better!

Thread Information