Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Get Transfer Lucian Graham Fom Long Beach State

1. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns Get Transfer Lucian Graham Fom Long Beach State

Houston native added to the fold for the 2005-06 season, will have three seasons of eligibility

LOUISIANA La - Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball head coach Glynn Cyprien announced Thursday that Lucian Graham, a 6-foot-7 wing has transferred to the program and signed a scholarship letter to play basketball starting in the Fall of 2005.

Graham is a transfer from Long Beach State University who will have three seasons of eligibility remaining. As per NCAA rules, he must sit out the 2004-05 season and will be eligible to return to the court as a sophomore in 2005-06.

As a freshman at LBSU, Graham started six games for the 49ers averaging 17.8 minutes and playing in 26 contests. He shot 39 percent from beyond the three-point line while averaging 5.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists.

Cyprien credited the hard work of newly named assistant Carlin Hartman for securing Graham's services for the Ragin' Cajuns.

"Carlin recognized that Lucian can fill a big void for us next season with the imminent graduations of Brian Hamilton and Orien Greene," Cyprien said. "Most importantly, off the court, Lucian is a very good student and quality young man."

The Houston native graduated from Westbury Christian Academy in May 2002. Graham attended Fort Union Military Academy in Fort Union, Va., during the 2002-03 academic year before landing in Long Beach for the 2003-04 season.

As a senior at WCA, he averaged 18 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists while shooting 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from beyond the arc. He was named first team All-City, All-District and All-State. Westbury Christian went 29-10 that season and earned a #20 national ranking by USA Today.

Westbury Christian won league, district, regional and sectional titles in 2002 and advanced to the state championship game, falling to Grace Prep in the championship.

Graham was a teammate of Ndudi Ebi, a lottery pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 2003 NBA Draft.

Graham attended Bellaire High School as a junior where he averaged 13.3 points per game. He spent his freshman and sophomore years attending high school in Venezuela.

"On the court, I really like Lucian's approach to the game," Cyprien added. "He is a versatile player who can pass the ball and can knock down shots consistently from beyond the 3-point line.

"He understands the game as has great length for his size which creates matchup problems and allows him to get his shot off," Cyprien continued. "We feel like with a year off to continue to develop his body he will be a big contributor for us in 2005-06."

LOUISIANA SI

The first thing that comes to mind is how they found this kid. I know he's from Houston, but I wonder why he wanted to leave LBSU.

seems to me we have some quality recruiters at the helm. Let's hope these recruits produce for us.

Geaux UL!

Ragin' Cajuns

I spoke to him at our football homecomingvery nice guy! Needs to hit the weight room, kinda slim for his height!

Thread Information