View Poll Results: What should we do with Bustle?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Fire Immediately

6 7.14%
  • Fire at end of season

51 60.71%
  • Do not renew contract

21 25.00%
  • Give extension

6 7.14%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bustle

1. Default Re: Bustle

Guy's be careful what you wish for.

The old saying the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence until you get there.

Who can we get to replace Bustle and his staff for the money we are paying them?

Am I happy were we are right now? Yes and no.

But I remember where we were 9 years ago when Bustle took over this program.

Until we put our money were our mouths are and raise this budget were the job of our head coach and his staff is on the same level as other d1 staff's. be careful what you wish for.

Default Re: Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    _ I have two questions about this firing talk?

(1) WHO are the 150 NEW Cajun supporters who are each willing to put up $5,000 annually to bring in someone who is superior to the level we are currently displaying and

(2) WHO are the 400 NEW Cajun supporters that are willing to put up another $5,000 annually to provide recruiting/facility enhancements we do not currently enjoy.

Unless numbers are reached that allow us to significantly step up a notch budgetwise, ANY new hire will be same song, second verse and out of here in four years. THEREFORE, who in THEIR right mind, are we going to attract who wants to be the next sacrificial lamb? We will only attract an egomaniac who is desparate for a short-term coaching job unless we can step it up a notch support-wise. _
    BINGO.

I think that six wins gets us a bowl this year. BUT I'm not certain how we get to 6.

Barring a total collapse this year, I see no reason why we are having this discussion right now.

Bustle is our coach and he's entitled to play out the string.

Now if we are sitting at home at 5-7 or worse, THEN we can talk about who's next.

But the most important thing in my view is that when that day comes, we don't go and Todd Berry the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ You may have heard of us. We are called the R.C.A.F.

Thanks for your concern. _

So, the RCAF is ready to shell out $2.5 to 3 million TODAY? Dream on.

I agree 100%. You weigh the season in its entirety after its completed.

Think anyone in Kansas misses Mangino?

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ The way we won is pathetic honestly. How can you be proud that we have yet to finish a game convincingly as we always seem to get destroyed in the second half.

Last time i checked a game consist of Four Quarters not 2 quarters, and you have to Tackle and not play 2 hand touch. We are lucky to be 2-2 and honestly I think we should be 3-1 because the Middle Tennessee team that we played is not the team that the rest of the sunbelt will play. The North Texas Team we played was their 2nd and 3rd string and we barely got by beating them. enough of this a Win is a Win bull____. We struggle to beat teams we should blow out and we get blown out by teams we should compete against.

Am I the only person that sees something wrong with that or do I just have this false belief that our team is potentially better than what they actually are?

If Bustle gets us to a bowl game at 6-6 its because the SunBelt worked their ass of to get extra contracts with bowl game committee's. Bustle will still be the same mediocre 6-6 or worse football coach and yes he is not getting the job done. Do you really wanna see UL go to a bowl at 6-6 and just get destroyed and be 6-7 because Bustle doesnt out coach anyone?

I would love to see us make it to a Bowl, but I dont necessarily want to watch us get embarassed in one. _

I agree with you because our performance is pathetic. I'll take a win, but this is rediculous. While we could possibly salvage a 6 win season, I'm not sure just who we can beat. OK State - no. Ole Miss - no. Ohio - no. Troy - no. FIU - not likely as they have been competitive with much better competition than us. FAU - possibly as they lost to UNT. WKU - yes, we should win. ULM - yes they are horrible, but it is a road game and who knows with this coaching staff. I look for a 5 win season at best. I certainly thought we would have a 7 wins before the season started, but after 4 games, I no longer think so. I hope I am proven wrong.

And, what happened to our once proud Special Teams play? We've had 2 field goals blocked in the past 2 games, we can't get a kick-off past the 30 yard line, we can't seem to tackle anybody on punts or kick-offs and consistently give teams good field position, and outside of the last second blocked extra point, our Special Teams play has been horrific. We got drubbed by a Georgia team that hasn't won a game since beating us, almost lost to a UNT team that is a Bottom 10 leader week after week and is playing without 11 starters, and we can't play the 2nd half of ANY football game. We almost gave the Ark State game away, we were right there with MT at the end of the 1st half, then fell apart in the second half, and UNT should have been a blow-out but dropped passes and failure to score but once in the 2nd half required a blocked extra point to salvage a win. Just what kind of corrections do these coaches address at half-time?

I am really scared of being embarassed on national tv in this game vs. OK State on Friday from an attendance and score standpoint. I wasn't overly impressed with them vs. Texas A&M (they looked beatable), but they did put 65 points on Tulsa. If we do manage to keep it tight in the first half, look out for what might happen in the 2nd half.

Year 9 and its the same thing again at this point in the season. Let's see how it plays out, but geez I was hoping for more at this point to at least keep me encouraged through the rest of this year.

A bowl game this year is a mixed blessing. While I am hopeful of getting one, I am tired of going through these kind of seasons every year. I actually think I would rather not this year and see a change in head coach and coaching staff than continue to suffer through this again. We will have a new AD and possibly a new football regime that should finally change the perception of UL to the average fan and to the country. Just like in basketball, we wanted our team to win, but we didn't win and look how things turned out with the Marlin hire. I am willing to forego a bowl game for that to happen in football. We deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbrian2004 View Post

Who can we get to replace Bustle and his staff for the money we are paying them?
    We just hired a new basketball coach for almost 400K a year, do you think the next football coach will not get a hefty raise as well?

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    So, the RCAF is ready to shell out $2.5 to 3 million TODAY? Dream on.

Rest assured. If there needs to be a change in coaching staffs after this season,

1) It will happen

2) The new staff will make considerably more money

3) The RCAF will get this done

Any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ A bowl game this year is a mixed blessing. While I am hopeful of getting one, I am tired of going through these kind of seasons every year. I actually think I would rather not this year and see a change in head coach and coaching staff than continue to suffer through this again. We will have a new AD and possibly a new football regime that should finally change the perception of UL to the average fan and to the country. Just like in basketball, we wanted our team to win, but we didn't win and look how things turned out with the Marlin hire. I am willing to forego a bowl game for that to happen in football. We deserve better. _
    I could not disagree with you more. I want the team to win.
    Also, as a fan of UL I don't think I DESERVE anything, but that type of attitude is pretty prevalent in our country today.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I could not disagree with you more. I want the team to win.
    Also, as a fan of UL I don't think I DESERVE anything, but that type of attitude is pretty prevalent in our country today. _

I've been supporting UL football for over 30 years. The city of Lafayette, the Acadiana area, the students and alumni (myslef included) and the fans of UL do deserve something better than we are being given. We've put in the time, money and blood, sweat & tears for this school over the years. It is time for a positive change in football. We are seeing it in every other sport.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Rest assured. If there needs to be a change in coaching staffs after this season,

1) It will happen

2) The new staff will make considerably more money

3) The RCAF will get this done

Any other questions? _
    Agreed.

It cannot be said enough.

We aren't going to Todd Berry the next hire.

Les Miles may be available soon.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I've been supporting UL football for over 30 years. The city of Lafayette, the Acadiana area, the students and alumni (myslef included) and the fans of UL do deserve something better than we are being given. We've put in the time, money and blood, sweat & tears for this school over the years. It is time for a positive change in football. We are seeing it in every other sport. _
    I am right there with you HC, as I expect most Cajun fans are. The one thing I do want to point out is that we NEVER were put in a position to succeed until the last few years. Dr. A did a great job with our university for academics but he was very wary of doing so in athletics. Dr. T-Joe is changing this, as is our RCAF.

WE WILL GET BETTER NOW! THINGS ARE CHANGING POISTIVELY!

I only say that because as long-time suffering fans, we have to understand things are different now BUT that also means we are starting at level zero and working up. That does mean we are much farther behind other schools we felt equal with only 10 years ago (i.e. S.Miss, E. Caroliina, Tulsa, etc.). We do have a great work ethic here, we do more with less AND NOW we are putting together our money (RCAF) and a visionary plan (T-Joe, Davidl Walker and Scott Farmer). So we are putting everything in place to catch up and compete with these teams again. But to be fair, the clock was reset to zero a year ago - I know that means having patience, which we are all running low on, but there is no doubt in my mind we are headed in the right direction. As long as RCAF continues to gain new members and grow, we will grow athletically!

Not too many people are happy with how we won against North Texas. But let's take something positive out of it; last year that game was against FIU and we lost it - this year we win it, that is a step in the right direction!

Is it still correct that Bustle is one of the 5 lowest paid coaches in college football?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Is it still correct that Bustle is one of the 5 lowest paid coaches in college football? _
    So you think paying him more would vastly improve our team and move us up into the top 25? Not.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ So you think paying him more would vastly improve our team and move us up into the top 25? Not. _

No but you get what you pay for.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information