View Poll Results: What should we do with Bustle?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Fire Immediately

6 7.14%
  • Fire at end of season

51 60.71%
  • Do not renew contract

21 25.00%
  • Give extension

6 7.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bustle

Default Re: Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Last time I checked, the team with the most points at the end of the game wins. I'm not saying that some of the concerns being voiced are not merited, but I am able to stay positive enough after a win to enjoy it. At the end of the season, I will THEN decide how we did and what we should do.

igeaux.mobi _
    Thank You John Madden, I was totally unaware that you have to have more points than your opponent to win the game. :/

Ok, I've slept on it and guess what?! I STILL SAY FIRE BUSTLE NOW. All of you thinking that a bowl game warrants an extension are insane. At least 6 of the teams on our schedule are in the bottom 20 in the nation. You give him an extension and we continue to get blown out by every OOC opponent and the elite of our conference. Bustle is not doing his job. Our players are not prepared to play when Saturday comes around and he does not make in game adjustments. He shows up and collects a paycheck. We will never be competitive with Bustle coaching our football team PERIOD.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    Thank You John Madden, I was totally unaware that you have to have more points than your opponent to win the game. :/

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This pole question left off the most logical answer (surprise).Lets see what our record is at the end of the year. Bowl game = extension. No bowl game = fired.
    No! We should focus on winning the conference, year after year. If we can do that the bowl games will come. No point in being second in conference and losing a bowl game if we get to one. Don't settle for "making it to a bowl game", win the damn game! So if Bustle cam win conference first and win the bowl game that comes with winning conference, yes extend his contract. Anything less than that, we should clean house.

igeaux.mobi

UL Football Re: Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Ok, I've slept on it and guess what?! I STILL SAY FIRE BUSTLE NOW. All of you thinking that a bowl game warrants an extension are insane. At least 6 of the teams on our schedule are in the bottom 20 in the nation. You give him an extension and we continue to get blown out by every OOC opponent and the elite of our conference. Bustle is not doing his job. Our players are not prepared to play when Saturday comes around and he does not make in game adjustments. He shows up and collects a paycheck. We will never be competitive with Bustle coaching our football team PERIOD.
    I could be wrong it woulnd't be the first time (ask my wife), but his contract probably states that if we get to a bowl he gets an automatic contract extension.

Maybe I'm out of line, but shouldn't a choice in the poll be "wait till end of season.see how we did.then decide what to do"?

Maybe I'm out of line, but shouldn't a choice in the poll be "wait till end of season.see how we did.then decide what to do"?

No no no no no, the decision must be made.
    .right NOW!

igeaux.mobi

_ Maybe I'm out of line, but shouldn't a choice in the poll be "wait till end of season.see how we did.then decide what to do"? _
    Nobody wants to admit it, but we are in the same situation, though on a much smaller scale, as the team 50 miles east. We have won in spite of Bustle over the last so many years. Everyone is hung up on us being bowl eligible, but every year there is at least one game that we have been unprepared our simply outcoached in a game that we should have won. Guess what? Those are the wins that would have made us bowl participants rather than bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Nobody wants to admit it, but we are in the same situation, though on a much smaller scale, as the team 50 miles east. We have won in spite of Bustle over the last so many years. Everyone is hung up on us being bowl eligible, but every year there is at least one game that we have been unprepared our simply outcoached in a game that we should have won. Guess what? Those are the wins that would have made us bowl participants rather than bowl eligible. _
    Not a good comparison. Just my opinion. They are in the top 10 in recruiting. they are at another level. Not saying that we can't get there. but it won't be with this coach! Someone asked me today, yall want miles, take him!!! I said, hell yes, we would!

I think the question that is being asked should be asked at the end of the season, but I am tired of defending him. I hope once he is let go, he will find a home, probably as a coordinator, but I don't see any improvements. I'm not saying I can go and coach the Cajuns to a 12-0 season, but someone can get them over this hill. Yes, they did win, but it is ugly. comparing the team to the east to this team is not accurate. I will change my opinion after a 7 win season, but I don't see it happening.

I am really wondering where some of these comments are coming from. I understand the frustration with game results, how the team looks on the field, our standing in the conference, etc., but let's look at a few realities. The Cajuns are a middle of the pack team in the worst Division 1-A conference in the country. There have essentially been four teams that have had success in the 10 year history of this conference, North Texas, Troy, Middle Tennessee and Florida Atlantic. Troy & Middle are in their current successful run, UNT & FAU are back with the rest of the pack. I know you want to be better than where we are right now, but that is not current reality.
    Some of you want Bustle fired now. That will not happen. You do not fire a coach during the season unless he has done something illegal, immoral or unethical. If you fire him just because the team is not playing to your expectations or desires, you create problems when you start looking for a replacement. Who will want to come here if they think the lunatics are running the asylum?
    Where are you getting the idea that we should be blowing anybody out? As I said, we are in the worst D1 conference in the country. While we would like to think that we are recruiting the cream of the crop of the high schools and junior colleges in the South, the reality is we are getting the type of players that go to the worst conference in the country. There are 4 BCS schools in Florida and Central Florida is not getting or taking the Florida players we are signing. Louisiana players that are good enough for D1 ball but not signing with LSU are settling for us, Tulane or Tech or they are leaving the state. Do you really believe that our conference opponents are recruiting worse players than are we?
    This is not a support for Bustle. I am just trying to get you to think with your heads instead of your hearts. I want us to be better also. Is that going to be with Bustle? I have my doubts. Some of the things I see from our team are things that should not even be an issue after 9 years as the head coach. With the new athletic director we will be getting, that may occur after this season with a new football coach. But for now, try to be encouraging, hope that our players will play well, that our coaches will make good decisions that will help us win ball games and that we will start being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    I could be wrong it woulnd't be the first time (ask my wife), but his contract probably states that if we get to a bowl he gets an automatic contract extension.

Coach Bustle would get a year added to his contract for a winning record. He would get an extra two years with a conference championship.

I have two questions about this firing talk?

(1) WHO are the 150 NEW Cajun supporters who are each willing to put up $5,000 annually to bring in someone who is superior to the level we are currently displaying and

(2) WHO are the 400 NEW Cajun supporters that are willing to put up another $5,000 annually to provide recruiting/facility enhancements we do not currently enjoy.

Unless numbers are reached that allow us to significantly step up a notch budgetwise, ANY new hire will be same song, second verse and out of here in four years. THEREFORE, who in THEIR right mind, are we going to attract who wants to be the next sacrificial lamb? We will only attract an egomaniac who is desparate for a short-term coaching job unless we can step it up a notch support-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Coach Bustle would get a year added to his contract for a winning record. He would get an extra two years with a conference championship. _
    7-5wow

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Coach Bustle would get a year added to his contract for a winning record. He would get an extra two years with a conference championship.
    See I was wrong.yet again!

Close, but still wrongright, honey?

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    I have two questions about this firing talk?

(1) WHO are the 150 NEW Cajun supporters who are each willing to put up $5,000 annually to bring in someone who is superior to the level we are currently displaying and

(2) WHO are the 400 NEW Cajun supporters that are willing to put up another $5,000 annually to provide recruiting/facility enhancements we do not currently enjoy.
    You may have heard of us. We are called the R.C.A.F.

Thanks for your concern.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information