Thread: Streeter is UL starting tailback

1. UL Football Streeter is UL starting tailback

Kevis Streeter, UL's backup tailback to open the season, now finds himself in a different role.

The starting tailback for the Ragin' Cajuns.

"Streeter is the starter," UL coach Rickey Bustle said of the junior. "He's our guy right now."

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Re: Streeter is UL starting tailback

Good move coach Bustle. Some players have gears and play better on game day than they practice.

Jake Delhomme had that quality.

Default Re: Streeter is UL starting tailback

I kind of figured this would happen after MTSU. He was limited all week and still got substantial playing time. He may have even started that game to. I do hope we continue to use the other backs though. They are all looking promising. Shankle is looking like our version of a Deuce McCalister just plowing over people. Spikes has shown flashes of his big play ability and i havent seen enough of walker b/c he was out last week and only got a few touches against ArkSt. But i think he will be a good player too.

4. Default Re: Streeter is UL starting tailback

I would like to see Desormeaux plow a few holes then be given the ball.

Perhaps a 3-1 ratio

igeaux.mobi

Clearly the best back so far.

Like to see more Gautier/Streeter running the zone read.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I like this. I like that it's Streeter. but it is more important that after 3 games. we've named a #1 RB. It is more important than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ Clearly the best back so far.

Like to see more Gautier/Streeter running the zone read. _
    that would make too much sense to run the zone read with a qb that can actually run.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan89 View Post
    _ that would make too much sense to run the zone read with a qb that can actually run. _
    Mason is actually a very solid running QB. People are just too busy yelling, "Put Gautier in!" to notice

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ Mason is actually a very solid running QB. People are just too busy yelling, "Put Gautier in!" to notice _
    he's only a good runner when he has a huge hole to run in like in the stAte game. other than that one run I haven't seen him do anything above average in the running game to make me think he is. Don't get me wrong i think he is probably the better passer, but when you toss the ball on an option play when the defender is 4 yards away and the RB gets knocked for a 5 yd loss or when he slides a yard short of the 1st down marker when the team is 2 tds behind and need to keep the drive alive. that shows me he isn't aware of what he's doing when he has to move his feet past the line of scrimmage. that's just how i feel though. if we were running a pure spread offense masson would probably a perfect fit, but that isn't the case much to the chagrin of our coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I like this. I like that it's Streeter. but it is more important that after 3 games. we've named a #1 RB. It is more important than people think.

If not for Streeter's pulled hammy in the second quarter against Arkansas State, he was on his way to winning the job that day.

Streeter needed some time to pick up the blocking aspect, but when healthy I think he's capable of scoring every time he touches the ball. He's the home-run threat the Cajuns have missed since losing Fenroy, Desormeaux and Chery.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ Clearly the best back so far.

Like to see more Gautier/Streeter running the zone read. _
    Excuse the french please, screux the zone read.

I like naming Streeter the #1. He looks like our best back, and has earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan89 View Post
    _ he's only a good runner when he has a huge hole to run in like in the stAte game. other than that one run I haven't seen him do anything above average in the running game to make me think he is. Don't get me wrong i think he is probably the better passer, but when you toss the ball on an option play when the defender is 4 yards away and the RB gets knocked for a 5 yd loss or when he slides a yard short of the 1st down marker when the team is 2 tds behind and need to keep the drive alive. that shows me he isn't aware of what he's doing when he has to move his feet past the line of scrimmage. that's just how i feel though. if we were running a pure spread offense masson would probably a perfect fit, but that isn't the case much to the chagrin of our coaching staff. _
    Well he almost always seems to never keep the ball anyway but when i see him run he has decent breakaway speed for a QB and is a decent runner. And I do agree this staff doesn't know what kind of offense we are running.

Thread Information