Challenging teachers and competitive college peers. These are two groups Braxton “B.I.” Moody III credits for his successful career in business.
These two groups along with long term planning and reachable goals have taken Moody to the top of the business ladder since he graduated from Louisiana, then-Southwestern Louisiana Institute following a tour in World War II.

The University of Louisiana renamed its College of Business Administration after Moody in recognition of his service to the business industry in Acadiana as well as his community involvement.

The UL System’s Board of Supervisors approved the change during its monthly meeting. The college’s new name is the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration.

“B.I. Moody is considered by many as the most diversified and successful businessman in Acadiana,” said Louisiana President Ray Authement. “He represents an unrelenting business sense that has brought him much success in the past and continues to endure today. He is the perfect example of someone with a sharp eye for what it takes to make business work.”

Currently, Moody is chairman of The Moody Company and of Louisiana State Newspapers Inc., both located in Lafayette.