Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana Gators go way back at Cypress Lake

Default Re: Gator forces closure around Cypress Swamp

Uniquely cool aspect of our University.

2. Default Re: Gator forces closure around Cypress Swamp

. . . and somehow they let a Peter Piper research firm pick a pepper over a Bull Gator and Gator.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . . . and somehow they let a Peter Piper research firm pick a pepper a pepper over a Bull Gator and Gator
    Make this momma gator our mascot!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    Make this momma gator our mascot!
    "Anna" . I wonder who the lucky Louis is?

ps Other options Ana or iAna. I wish I knew how to reverse engineer a name.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    60 days to hatch, kinda like the wild kingdom at UL.
    Just in time for the first UL home game at The Swamp.

UL needs to get an alligator wrangler, and round the gator up and parade the gator around the swamp before home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Anna" . I wonder who the lucky Louis is?

ps Other options Ana or iAna. I wish I knew how to reverse engineer a name.
    Use the alligator as our mascot. One Named Louie and the other Ana. Great costumes like the one worn at the World''s Fair in New Orleans years ago. Just another way to tie us into the Louisiana name along with the tradition of the on-campus swamp and Cajun Field "Swamp". Also a perfect match for our moniker Ragin Cajuns.

8. Default Re: Gator forces closure around Cypress Swamp

From 2011 I wonder which one is Louis & Ana ?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    A little fun.

Two Cypress Lake Gators.

2-gators

Cypress Lake gator chillin out.

1-gator

Cypress Lake Gator with some friends.

gator-friends

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I like learning facts about wildlife like 100 eggs at a time, not many survive, 60 days to hatch, kinda like the wild kingdom at UL.

I don't know how long it's been since the eggs were laid, but I know it's been close to a couple months since I saw the gator first making the nest. We could have baby gators hatching very close to the time that school starts. This could get interesting. Here is a little more info.

The incubation period of alligator eggs is approximately 65 days. During this time the female alligator stays on the alert to guard her nest against intruders. Raccoons are notorious nest raiders, and have been known to completely destroy a nest.

Alligator eggs begin to hatch in August through September, during which time the baby alligators make-high pitched grunting noises to alert the mother gator. The female alligator will then uncover the nest to release the babies. Some females have even been known to carry their young to the water in their jaws, and are likely to remain with their brood for many months.

Get ready for the "Baby Gator Invasion"

10. Default Re: Gator forces closure around Cypress Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I don't know how long it's been since the eggs were laid, but I know it's been close to a couple months since I saw the gator first making the nest. We could have baby gators hatching very close to the time that school starts. This could get interesting. Here is a little more info.

The incubation period of alligator eggs is approximately 65 days. During this time the female alligator stays on the alert to guard her nest against intruders. Raccoons are notorious nest raiders, and have been known to completely destroy a nest.

Alligator eggs begin to hatch in August through September, during which time the baby alligators make-high pitched grunting noises to alert the mother gator. The female alligator will then uncover the nest to release the babies. Some females have even been known to carry their young to the water in their jaws, and are likely to remain with their brood for many months.

Get ready for the "Baby Gator Invasion"
    Foot traffic around the swamp will be less than normal due to the ongoing construction of the union. Nevertheless, it should be interesting haha.

11. Default The Rebranding of Cypress Swamp Takes another Step Forward

Work to demolish three buildings on the University of Louisiana’s campus will make way for new green space adjacent to the new Student Union and Cypress Lake.

Link broken
    THE Advocate

Default Re: The Rebranding of Cypress Swamp Takes another Step Forward

I hope they burn those old buildings with fire, after the demolish them. I remember having to wait to pay fees in that dam building!

I paid fees in the student union. Played pool in the old bowling alley and took ID photos in the buildings pictured in the article. All gone now I guess. Glad I'm still around to see it.

The remains of the old Parking and Transit building don't deserve the dignity of a proper burial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information