Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Instead of blaming Bustle....

Default Re: Instead of blaming Bustle....

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I'm done with being emotionally invested in a Rickey Bustle coached football team. I'll still go tailgate and I'll watch the games but the losses aren't going to ruin my night. _
    Thats where I am at... When people like you and I stop getting PO'd and emotionally invested... well thats where the program is today... I'll go tail gate.. and I'll go in and watch... but this is what we have been saying would happen and it has... the core has stopped caring about what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ IF you have the speed and they are not getting it done the problem is often that they are being placed out of position by the staff. _
    Uh, I don't know about you but the bomb that they scored on in the 3rd quarter was not due to Kelley being in the "wrong" position established by the staff, it was due to poor reading of the play and reacting to the route. He just played it poorly. The same can be said for guys who have given up big plays in the passing game thus far. You can tell its bad reads by players. I blame most of the problems on offense to the coaching but the defense has been inconsistent due to player reads and fundamentals.

The problem this past weekend resonated from the area that we were all concerned with heading into the season. The area that has either allowed us to succeed or get burned and that was at the line of scrimmage. The OL was more of a high school unit this past weekend. It didn't help that they continously let Decoster and Green go back in and try to pass block on bad legs and their men literally went right through them on several occasions. Our D-line should have had a field day with MT having so many starters out. We didn't get one ounce of pressure on the QB all night and that was very disappointing.

4. Default Re: Instead of blaming Bustle....

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Uh, I don't know about you but the bomb that they scored on in the 3rd quarter was not due to Kelley being in the "wrong" position established by the staff, it was due to poor reading of the play and reacting to the route. He just played it poorly. The same can be said for guys who have given up big plays in the passing game thus far. You can tell its bad reads by players. I blame most of the problems on offense to the coaching but the defense has been inconsistent due to player reads and fundamentals. _
    Which is why I chose to say "often" you are right, there were several exceptions to my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Which is why I chose to say "often" you are right, there were several exceptions to my post. _

I think that the defensive issues you've seen as a whole are largely due to inability to execute rather than coaching issues. Our problems have been bonehead reads and reactions on deep routes and simple tackling. On offense, I think that is a different matter as we have not adjusted to anything a defense throws at us and we've continued to run an offense that seems to never get going with the current personnel

I agree with everyone's assessment of Lance Kelly, man he is an awful safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ My only gripe is we run a read offense with a QB that doesn't throw very well and doesn't like to run.

igeaux.mobi _

Play Gauthier and let's get back to running football. This team is not built for the passing game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information