Thread: Next Opponent: Blue Raiders worst in turnover margin

1. Default Next Opponent: Blue Raiders worst in turnover margin

MTSU's football team does not match its coach, and that has Rick Stockstill gritting his teeth.

After committing four turnovers and gaining none in a 24-17 loss at Memphis on Saturday, MTSU has the worst turnover margin in the Football Bowl Subdivision.

It's quite a big reality to grasp for Stockstill, whose teams have spent most of the past four years among college football's leaders in turnover margin.

The rest of the story

BY ADAM SPARKS ? SPARKS@DNJ.COM

Default Re: Next Opponent: Blue Raiders worst in turnover margin

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    The below paragraph is not good news for MT. A young injured QB and a line that seems to be shuffled around.

"For now, MTSU will be without Dasher for Saturday's Sun Belt Conference opener at Louisiana-Lafayette. It could also be without some starting linemen. Center Alex Stuart has missed all three games with a knee injury. Guard Brandon McLeroy was out at Memphis due to multiple injuries. Tackle Mark Fisher suffered a knee injury and could miss multiple games. Replacement center Colin Boss played despite a leg injury. By game's end, MTSU played a first-time starter at guard and two freshmen at guard at tackle. None of the injured starters have been cleared to return at ULL."

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ The below paragraph is not good news for MT. A young injured QB and a line that seems to be shuffled around.

"For now, MTSU will be without Dasher for Saturday's Sun Belt Conference opener at Louisiana-Lafayette. It could also be without some starting linemen. Center Alex Stuart has missed all three games with a knee injury. Guard Brandon McLeroy was out at Memphis due to multiple injuries. Tackle Mark Fisher suffered a knee injury and could miss multiple games. Replacement center Colin Boss played despite a leg injury. By game's end, MTSU played a first-time starter at guard and two freshmen at guard at tackle. None of the injured starters have been cleared to return at UL." _
    We have plenty of our own problems with injuries so I am not banking on that helping us out much.. Guys they will put in there are also on scholarship. I am sure our coaches will have our guys focus on what they need to do to properly prepare and not let them get overconfident because of MT injuries and the Dasher situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ We have plenty of our own problems with injuries so I am not banking on that helping us out much.. Guys they will put in there are also on scholarship. I am sure our coaches will have our guys focus on what they need to do to properly prepare and not let them get overconfident because of MT injuries and the Dasher situation. _
    Mike, i don't think anyone ever said that or was thinking that. The only thing is this team is banged up and playing at home after a week off and getting healthier, should be an advantage for us. Does it mean we will win? No. Does it mean we are more healthy them them? No. Does it mean we are better then them? No.

Just stating that they are coming into Cajun Field banged up at some critcal positions, nothing more, nothing less.

As far was we go---Good news is I am pretty sure worst case senario we get Lemarcus Gibson and Dwight Bentely back, not to mention a good chance at getting Kevis Streeter and Grant Fleming back. We are not nearly as beat up as they are right now, plus enjoying extra time off should help some of those little injures.

_ Mike, i don't think anyone ever said that or was thinking that. The only thing is this team is banged up and playing at home after a week off and getting healthier, should be an advantage for us. Does it mean we will win? No. Does it mean we are more healthy them them? No. Does it mean we are better then them? No.

Just stating that they are coming into Cajun Field banged up at some critcal positions, nothing more, nothing less.

As far was we go---Good news is I am pretty sure worst case senario we get Lemarcus Gibson and Dwight Bentely back, not to mention a good chance at getting Kevis Streeter and Grant Fleming back. We are not nearly as beat up as they are right now, plus enjoying extra time off should help some of those little injures. _

And, the areas that we are beat up at that you mentioned wer are also pretty deep at. We have a pretty good backup for Bentley in Melvin White, Fleming has a pretty good backup in Richard Brooks who played really well against ASU and Gibson is not a starter. Streeter is also helped because we have several backs that can take the load off. I say, let he, Fleming and Bentley get as healthy as possible before their return. I like our injury situation as it is not hitting us where we have less depth like the O-Line or QB at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ And, the areas that we are beat up at that you mentioned wer are also pretty deep at. We have a pretty good backup for Bentley in Melvin White, Fleming has a pretty good backup in Richard Brooks who played really well against ASU and Gibson is not a starter. Streeter is also helped because we have several backs that can take the load off. I say, let he, Fleming and Bentley get as healthy as possible before their return. I like our injury situation as it is not hitting us where we have less depth like the O-Line or QB at this point. _
    you are correct, I was concerned about Masson, when he was injured, but he came back and played well.

The real questions for us are: Brad McGuire (when will he be ready to return), Grant Fleming (when will he be able to return), Dwight Bentley (all indications are he is ready) and J Odom (specifically for depth, it seems he is alternating series)

Regardless of who is injuried or out for the CAJUNS or MTSU, both teams have to go out there and play who is lined up across from them.

I like our chances of winning seeing as how we are coming off a bye week and they are a little banged up.

I do think they will come out looking to redeem themselves from last week's loss to Memphis. This could mean they come out and play great, or that they let their emotions get the best of them and make costly mistakes.

Either way we have to go out and win the game with who we have healthy against who they have healthy.

No excuses, it is what it is!!

Does it mean we will win? Does it mean we are more healthy them them? Does it mean we are better then them? _
    YES,YES,YES

Thread Information