Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010: Due to Midday Heat Louisiana Moves Game Time Back Where it Belongs

UL Football 2010: Due to Midday Heat Louisiana Moves Game Time Back Where it Belongs

My blog on the UL-Middle Tennessee football game being moved back from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and will not being on TV:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee kickoff changed to 6 p.m.

The school just sent out this release:

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns, in cooperation with the Sun Belt Conference and Middle Tennessee, announced on Wednesday that the kickoff time for the Sept. 25 contest between the Cajuns and Blue Raiders will be moved back to its originally scheduled 6 p.m. start.

"We worked with the conference office and Middle Tennessee to move the game from a 2:30 p.m. start to its original kickoff time of 6:00 p.m.," athletics director David Walker said. "Although we welcome television exposure for our athletic programs, safety-related concerns for our student-athletes, coaches and fans must be our priority."

As a result of the change, the Sun Belt Network will select another game for its telecast. UL is scheduled to appear on the Sun Belt Network the following week (Oct. 2) at North Texas. Three other SBN appearances are possible with the SBC wildcard games in November.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee kickoff changed to 6 p.m.

Thank you SBC.

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Thank you David Walker

Thank you Scott Farmer

Thank you.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

More tailgating time for me and fellow Blue Raiders to gain more weight in Rice & Gravy country !

6. Default Kickoff for Sept. 25 Game Moved to 6:00 p.m.

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns announced on Wednesday that the kickoff time for the Sept. 25 contest vs. Middle Tennessee at Cajun Field will be moved back to its originally scheduled 6 p.m. start.

Homes SO Clean

7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

I'm very torn on this issue.

I understand the unpleasantness of heat for 4 hours, but is it worth losing a TV game? This will hurt recruiting, exposure, future games on the SBC, etc. Safety should be a priority, but safety is also an individual responsibility. Hydrate, stop drinking an hour before the game, eat, bring an umbrella, bring a fan, apply sunblock, leave the kids at home..

All in all, this is not good for UL.

8. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post

All in all, this is not good for UL. _
    This is a chance for the entire student body to show their appreciation and set a modern day record for student attendance.

This could be good for UL. It is better to win the hearts of the home crowd than win the eyes of the TV crowd.

jmo

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

_ I'm very torn on this issue.

I understand the unpleasantness of heat for 4 hours, but is it worth losing a TV game? This will hurt recruiting, exposure, future games on the SBC, etc. Safety should be a priority, but safety is also an individual responsibility. Hydrate, stop drinking an hour before the game, eat, bring an umbrella, bring a fan, apply sunblock, leave the kids at home..

All in all, this is not good for UL. _
    We are not in a position where losing this TV game is that big. We need to start winning consistently and put up good showings in bowl games before thinking that a week 3 sunbelt tv game is huge for recruiting.

What about the potential recruit that hears we play 2:30 games when it is 115 degrees on the field with no breeze?

i cant wait to see what excuse people have now for not going to the game, its going to be interesting.

11. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ We are not in a position where losing this TV game is that big. We need to start winning consistently and put up good showings in bowl games before thinking that a week 3 sunbelt tv game is huge for recruiting.

What about the potential recruit that hears we play 2:30 games when it is 115 degrees on the field with no breeze? _
    Recruits care about being on Television, no matter what the circumstances may be. They ask our staff this question almost immediately.. Being exposed to a regional TV audience which spans 5 states is no match for 20,000 fans in attendance (if we even get that). Losing this TV game is bad, period.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ More tailgating time for me and fellow Blue Raiders to gain more weight in Rice & Gravy country ! _
    See you at the Krewe de Chew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

_ Recruits care about being on Television, no matter what the circumstances may be. They ask our staff this question almost immediately.. Being exposed to a regional TV audience which spans 5 states is no match for 20,000 fans in attendance (if we even get that). Losing this TV game is bad, period. _
    Let's work on being 2-1 and fresh going into the ESPN2 game the next week and having 30,000 in the stands.

Time to step up student body

I applaud the conference and university for doing this. I would be interested to see, if there are any records of this, how many people/coaches/players/band members/fans etc were treated for heat related problems Saturday and compared them to other games played in the south with temp like we had sat. I know some other games had way more people there....but it would be interesting to see. I don't care how important a game may be, there is no reason to put any player, coach etc etc in jeopardy just to play on tv.

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information