Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: 2010: Due to Midday Heat Louisiana Moves Game Time Back Where it Belongs

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Yeah, I hate playing these cupcake, rent-a-wins like Open Date! It probably hurts our RPI, even if we win. _
    Scott, where you been? Welcome back.

Z

are we still on the SBC network at that time?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ are we still on the SBC network at that time? _
    no tv.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ are we still on the SBC network at that time? _
    we had a choice: tv, OR, turning all the fans on the student side into rotisserie chickens

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    we had a choice: tv, OR, turning all the fans on the student side into rotisserie chickens
    Could we have choosen the roasted pig option instead?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunWave View Post
    _ lol to everyone who things sun belt network is real tv.

quit kidding yourselves, no one besides the fans of the two schools involved watch ANYTHING on sun belt network.

its a great thing that they moved the game. period. looking forward to tailgating but not going in now! _
    just curious, but do you even know how wide an area of the nation is covered by the network? do you have an idea of the total population covered in this area? do you know how many households the network reaches? just curious. also curious as to why you're "not going in now."

I'm over the moon that they did this! I'd rather have the attendance than the game on TV. Of course now it will be 80 degrees with 20 percent humidity. Haha

igeaux.mobi

UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    I am just confused

_____ing about SITTING in a stadium in the heat. Now the game is moved to 6 and everyone's all pumped up about tailgaiting ALL DAY before the game. What's the difference here???
    Not going to speak for everyone, but I know at my tailgate spot we have a tree in the front corner of the spot which creates quite bit of shade when added with tailgate tentswe are pretty well covered from direct sunlight.

Did I mention how much I LOVE MY NEW TAILGATE SPOT??????? IT'S AWESOME!

UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    just curious, but do you even know how wide an area of the nation is covered by the network? do you have an idea of the total population covered in this area? do you know how many households the network reaches? just curious. also curious as to why you're "not going in now."
    I'll answer:
    http://www.ragincajuns.com/fls/15400.etwork2010.pdf

15 MILLION HOUSEHOLDS! Not to mention these games are also picked up on ESPN Gameplan and thus shown on ESPN3.com, to the REST OF THE COUNTRY!!!

On the other end of the argument.I kinda agree with him though. Who the hell watches these games? How many UL fans actually watch the other SBC Network games each week. I don't. I can't stand to watch ULM, UNT, etc. I can watch some other the other schools in the SBC, but a few of them.NO WAY!

Also, let's say it is Saturday afternoon and the SBC Network game of the week is about to start. Are you going to watch it, the SEC game on CBS, ND on NBC, the slew of games on ESPN networks, or any of the other games on ESPN3.com? Sorry, ND versus Michigan or Ohio State vs. Michigan, or Auburn vs. Bama would have me watching. Not FAU and UNT.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

How about the kids that are being recruited by us, that's who really matters.
    igeaux.mobi

Actually now a cool front is gonna move in that afternoon bringing 2 inches of rain at about 430 and then again people will have an excuse not to go to the game
    igeaux.mobi

UL Football Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

Thank you Mr. David Walker!
    I think the Athletic Department and the University Administration got this one right. It doesn't make any sence to be on tv at 2:30 with empty stands being shown on the east side. The SBConf would not being doing itself or Louisiana any favors. They can televise another game in that time-slot. I think 20,000+ fans at a night game will create a lot of excitement.
    Go Cajuns!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Totally agree. Being put in harms way is unnecessary. So if you tell a school they are going to be on the TV schedule, take into consideration there geographic disadvantages. Keep the Cajuns on TV, move the game of the week later into the day, or back load all of South Louisiana games into the second half of the season

At the same time, Baton Rouge has never had a problem with this. They're on mid day TV plenty, and there are 92,000 people in a bowl stadium. _
    I don't think LSU has ever played a day game in BR this early in the season. Those generally occur when the SEC season is further underway.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ No one even has the Sun Belt Network, so we aren't losing that many viewers. And locally if they were to put it on Fox Sports then now those people have more reason to come to the game. _
    Cox Sports has the Sun Belt network and it is carried in Acadiana, Baton Rouge, and the south shore of the New Orleans area. It is incorrect to say no one has it. I also know it is carried in some other states as well. TV is important but not at the expense of health and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ I'm sorry, but this arguement isn't valid because of the maximum TV exposure that has developed over the last 2 decades. I've sat in Tiger Stadium for many hot miserable 2:30 kickoffs in the last 15 years. Tennessee in a few weeks will likely be a 2:30 kick time and same with Alabama (but it's not until November).

Over the last 8 seasons, LSU has played 16 home games with a kickoff time of 2:30 or earlier. So, of the 45 day games you mentioned above, approximately 35% of them have taken place in the last EIGHT years.

This is obviously a win in some ways, and a loss in other ways. It's great for people that live in and around Lafayette that plan on attending the game, not so great for other alumni that live across the nation that enjoy watching the Cajuns play. For instance, I had a great time watching the UL/ASU game at my home in Houston last weekend. _

You can still watch the game via webcast on ragincajuns.com. Several of the participants here do just that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information