Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010: Due to Midday Heat Louisiana Moves Game Time Back Where it Belongs

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    _ Our so-called fans are our own worst enemy!

We complain about everything from parking to the weather...

The weather potentially gives us an advantage but we are too stupid to realize it!

Troy University gets it!

I stand by my original statement! The student side better be full...there are no excuses now! _
    Is it stupidity to shield your fans and athletes from potentially dangerous weather conditions.

I also think any edge you gain from heat is negated by lack of crowd.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

LSU vs. West Virginia game has been moved to 8:00 PM. Just Saying.

lol to everyone who things sun belt network is real tv.

quit kidding yourselves, no one besides the fans of the two schools involved watch ANYTHING on sun belt network.

its a great thing that they moved the game. period. looking forward to tailgating but not going in now!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunWave View Post
    _ flame and bash me.

count me in as one of the people who simply wont go to games that KO before 6pm on saturdays.

It is not fun, and it is not fun to be done with the game at 630 and still daylight.

All of my best memories of cajun field are from night games back in the mid to late 90's. _
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunWave View Post
    _ its a great thing that they moved the game. period. looking forward to tailgating but not going in now!
    But they moved it to 6, just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Since 1960, LSU is 201–59–3 (.773) at night in Tiger Stadium compared to a 20–22–3 (.476) record during the day over that span.

Less than 1 game per year played during the day. Not trying to starting a ____ing contest but your argument about LSU is FALSE. _

I'm sorry, but this arguement isn't valid because of the maximum TV exposure that has developed over the last 2 decades. I've sat in Tiger Stadium for many hot miserable 2:30 kickoffs in the last 15 years. Tennessee in a few weeks will likely be a 2:30 kick time and same with Alabama (but it's not until November).

Over the last 8 seasons, LSU has played 16 home games with a kickoff time of 2:30 or earlier. So, of the 45 day games you mentioned above, approximately 35% of them have taken place in the last EIGHT years.

This is obviously a win in some ways, and a loss in other ways. It's great for people that live in and around Lafayette that plan on attending the game, not so great for other alumni that live across the nation that enjoy watching the Cajuns play. For instance, I had a great time watching the UL/ASU game at my home in Houston last weekend.

Default Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

for MTS back to 6pm.

7. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Its amazing this athletic administration, specifically David Walker is damned whether he does or doesn't. Most thankless job in all of sports.

We constantly _____, because they don't do things to help the fans....

Then, they make a decision to help the fans, and we ____ and moan, because we would have preferred TV.....

The University and the Athletic Department will be liable if one of the athletes dies from heat exposure. I know that may seem like a small risk, but it is an absolutely huge gamble.

Also, all you people talking about how TV effects recruiting I appreciate that, but how about this.

1. You can tell a recruit, we played 5 times on TV last year, once on national TV.
    2. You can tell a recruit, we played 4 times on TV last year, once on national TV.

However, in the second scenario, when the kid comes on his visit, since they sit behind the home team, when he looks across the stadium, he sees a band/student/section and fans.

In the first scenario, the other side of the stadium is completely empty, and fans are racing for the exits. Band eventually leaves, and his entire experience is miserable, because he and his family are sitting in 118 degree heat. Plus, evening games are better for the tailgating environment.

CajunT, how many recruits do you think we can expect for the MTSU game?

I think people, even the commissioner who says that TV is the recruits first question may be accurate, but it is not the only question. Game day atmosphere and environment count for a lot.

Also, per your example, the reason he called Troy was because they had another conference game. _
    At the exact same time..

Look, I'm not against the move, I'm just approaching the situation from a marketing/business standpoint. Of course we should keep these fellas safe, and accommodate the fans as much as possible. But don't think that there aren't ramifications. Is losing the exposure a necessary evil at this juncture? Perhaps. But we are losing out, one way or another.

It's easy for me to say these things because I don't have kids, or kids on the team, or bring kids to the games, etc. I think I speak for a large portion of this board when I say that. A lot of us are young grads, hardcore football and Cajun fans. So yes, I get that Grandma, and son on the team, and families don't want to put their kids and themselves in harms way. These are just the thoughts of a young die hard that is willing to face the elements in order for UL to keep its TV game.

I had a friend in college that would always say, "I might meet my wife tonight; I have to look and smell good man". That's kind of the idea I have of UL being on Television or exposed to a big number of people. At any moment, when being amongst a crowd, we might be introduced to our next big booster, our next star athlete, our next passionate fan, our next stand out Biologist, teacher, nurse, engineer or writer. I always want to be on TV because of this. In the grand scheme of things, I guess losing the TV game isn't a world changer, but I'll be damned if we miss out on the next great something..

Default Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

perfect opportunity to push everyone to get out to the game

"Game time changed, no excuse for any fan not to head out there now, lets pack the stands for Middle"

I am just confused............................

_____ing about SITTING in a stadium in the heat. Now the game is moved to 6 and everyone's all pumped up about tailgaiting ALL DAY before the game. What's the difference here??? When tailgaiting you mingle, walk around, watch the band, watch the cajun walk etc....this is a lot more strenuous than SITTING at a game. I better not see a single person on their feet, in the direct sun light, or god forbid drinking alcohol...I mean it, I'm watching!

14k fans will be in attendance inside of Cajun Field making complaints about something. The other 5-8k will be in the parking lot watching the tiggers. I know they don't play until 8 but they'll stay outside waiting on it.

Lastly...there's a couple of tailgate spots under the oak tree where you walk in on the home field side (Congress Street). At any time of the game, they have at least 20-30 people sitting outside no going into the game and watching the tiggers.....

Don't agree with the change, don't really care anymore. I will be there as always, drinking and not complaining about sodexo, the heat, P.A. system, band sucking, 4-wheelers, golf carts, crew de chew's chicken dance....etc.

Anywho.......Cajuns 38 MTSU 30 (95 degrees at kickoff). I hope I didn't scare off 5k people!

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ perfect opportunity to push everyone to get out to the game

"Game time changed, no excuse for any fan not to head out there now, lets pack the stands for Middle" _
    We have to win again this week to keep the fan interest high. Pretty weak opponent. We should shut them out.

I was thinking the same thing, the same people who were passing out last weekend are now going to drink in the sun for 3 extra hours.
    igeaux.mobi

Yeah, I hate playing these cupcake, rent-a-wins like Open Date! It probably hurts our RPI, even if we win.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ We have to win again this week to keep the fan interest high. Pretty weak opponent. We should shut them out. _
    Not weak if their qb comes back...

14. Default Re: Thank You UL For Changing Game Time

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ Not weak if their qb comes back... _
    Key words "this week" . . . no opponent

In "2 Saturdays" MTSU is going to be tough no matter who is QB1

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    perfect opportunity to push everyone to get out to the game

"Game time changed, no excuse for any fan not to head out there now, lets pack the stands for Middle"
    There's always an excuse not to go.....haha ;-)

igeaux.mobi

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information