Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010: Due to Midday Heat Louisiana Moves Game Time Back Where it Belongs

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

While everyone is talking facility upgrades, let's just put a retractable roof! Lol

igeaux.mobi

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ I applaud the conference and university for doing this. I would be interested to see, if there are any records of this, how many people/coaches/players/band members/fans etc were treated for heat related problems Saturday and compared them to other games played in the south with temp like we had sat. I know some other games had way more people there....but it would be interesting to see. I don't care how important a game may be, there is no reason to put any player, coach etc etc in jeopardy just to play on tv.

igeaux.mobi _
    Totally agree. Being put in harms way is unnecessary. So if you tell a school they are going to be on the TV schedule, take into consideration there geographic disadvantages. Keep the Cajuns on TV, move the game of the week later into the day, or back load all of South Louisiana games into the second half of the season..

At the same time, Baton Rouge has never had a problem with this. They're on mid day TV plenty, and there are 92,000 people in a bowl stadium.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ I'm very torn on this issue.

I understand the unpleasantness of heat for 4 hours, but is it worth losing a TV game? This will hurt recruiting, exposure, future games on the SBC, etc. Safety should be a priority, but safety is also an individual responsibility. Hydrate, stop drinking an hour before the game, eat, bring an umbrella, bring a fan, apply sunblock, leave the kids at home..

All in all, this is not good for UL. _
    No one even has the Sun Belt Network, so we aren't losing that many viewers. And locally if they were to put it on Fox Sports then now those people have more reason to come to the game.

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ No one even has the Sun Belt Network, so we aren't losing that many viewers. And locally if they were to put it on Fox Sports then now those people have more reason to come to the game. _
    Cajun Field will have anywhere from 15 - 25k on any given Saturday. We know this. With the game being moved back, you're losing an entire market, including all MTSU fans that don't travel to the game. Other SBC participants watch these games with interest; now you've annexed them. Recruits that live in SBC network range will now miss out on seeing UL culture, tailgating, current team, etc.. Instead, they'll be getting a look at Troy.. The class of the SBC. Great.

Good decision, no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    No one even has the Sun Belt Network, so we aren't losing that many viewers. And locally if they were to put it on Fox Sports then now those people have more reason to come to the game.
    The Sun Belt Network broadcast is available on CSS and CST. So it's available on plenty of TVs.

Personally, having dealt with heat-related issues in covering football in the past, I think this was a good move.

igeaux.mobi

Great news!

We already have a bunch of games on TV including one on ESPN2.

What we need more than a TV game is a win against MT. And with the game at 2:30 we would have low attendance with NO ONE sitting in the student section pestering MT. We need that home field advantage!

8. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

The way I look at it everything is a trade off.

Another year another season more time to prepare for known issues and this game might be had.

This year one is enough.

9. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

I agree with the plan to move the game to 6:00pm. Did anyone notice in the last few drives when Arkansas State was passing down the field and scoring how our D-backs had nothing left in them? Lance Kelly had to be carried off the field on the last defensive stand with cramps in both legs. In the last series that Arkansas State scored on, Cooper Germaine got beat on coverage down by the goal line and when he came off the field he immediately went to his back to work out cramps. The heat almost cost us the game in my opinion. I don’t think that the score would have been as close had the game started at 6:00pm. I will gladly trade a win for a TV Game any day. Winning brings in more recruits than playing on TV.

JMO

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I blame global warming....

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: UL-Middle Tennessee football game changed to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I blame global warming....

Should we blame you or J-Bird?

This is the best news of my life.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a front came through on Friday evening, bringing cooler temps and a Saturday high of about 83, only to be followed by another front that arrives at about 5:30 on Saturday, dropping about 3" of rain on Cajun Field???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Wouldn't it be hilarious if a front came through on Friday evening, bringing cooler temps and a Saturday high of about 83, only to be followed by another front that arrives at about 5:30 on Saturday, dropping about 3" of rain on Cajun Field??? _
    stop it.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Totally agree. Being put in harms way is unnecessary. So if you tell a school they are going to be on the TV schedule, take into consideration there geographic disadvantages. Keep the Cajuns on TV, move the game of the week later into the day, or back load all of South Louisiana games into the second half of the season..

At the same time, Baton Rouge has never had a problem with this. They're on mid day TV plenty, and there are 92,000 people in a bowl stadium. _
    Since 1960, LSU is 201–59–3 (.773) at night in Tiger Stadium compared to a 20–22–3 (.476) record during the day over that span.

Less than 1 game per year played during the day. Not trying to starting a ____ing contest but your argument about LSU is FALSE.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information