Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The University of Louisiana at New Iberia Primate Research Story

Default Re: UL and Tulane to be Investigated

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The Tulane monkey is in trouble for taking (and passing) a Tulane Law School exam. He was busted when he could not explain why he'd clearly never been circumcised.

The UL monkey is in trouble for doing the UL hand sign at Tabby Soignier. When she yelled at him that it was an illegal sign. not only did he stop making love to her. he kicked her out of the banana tree.
    That's disgusting!!! I can't believe one of our monkeys would stoop so low as to go slumming with The Skank.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    That's disgusting!!! I can't believe one of our monkeys would stoop so low as to go slumming with The Skank.
    It was dark out. She has a lot of body hair. He wanted to go first this time. Forgive him Hammer. No one is more humiliated than him.

Could have been worse for the monkey.something "shocking".lol!

Sorry, Super Bowl ended at 2-0 at this house.

Checked with the council. It's all good.

If anybody's gonna throw ____e, it's us. Our hands are clean.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Checked with the council. It's all good.

If anybody's gonna throw ____e, it's us. Our hands are clean.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
    You had to be more offended than most on this . am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You had to be more offended than most on this . am I right?
    Dude, you don't know the half of it. These "apes' have rights" people are without a clue.

Compared to those goofballs down the road from us, we got it cake here.

These yayhoos come in here and tell me how I should live my life? How my everyday habits should fit an set image of how they think I should act?

Its all about choicesand you give anybody the choice between Purina Monkey Chow (there I said it) and a shrimp po-boy or a stuffed flounder, anybody would pass on eats in a bag. For that matter, I'm partial to a good plate of Cowboy Stew from Guidroz's.

Monkee got to have his organ meats.

But I digress.

When I shove my finger up my butt and fall off a log, its supposed to be cute? Got me working some silly little street vendor's organ grinder for your amusement?

Let me tell you something.Monkee got his grinder organ right here.

But this boils down to two words.

Hookers. Blow.

Our are better. Both of them.

They just jealous haters.

7. Default UL Research: Ebola vaccine for wild apes shows promise in trials

Researchers at the University of Louisiana's New Iberia Research Center have conducted a vaccine trial on chimpanzees that could help protect endangered wild apes from deadly infectious diseases, such as the Ebola virus.

It’s believed to be the first time that a vaccine intended for apes – rather than humans – has been tested on captive chimpanzees.

Results of the trial are published in the latest issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Vaccines haven’t been used to fight outbreaks of diseases in chimpanzees and gorillas because of concerns about their safety, according to the journal article. But Dr. Joe Simmons, NIRC director, said high mortality rates have made many conservationists more receptive to the potential protection of vaccines. “Preserving endangered chimpanzee and gorilla species is a common cause for conservationists and medical researchers,” he said.

NIRC researchers tested a virus-like particle vaccine, which contains a small amount of viral proteins but is incapable of replicating. “The vaccine doesn’t cause infection, but it does cause an immune response to those proteins that can protect against infection,” Simmons explained.

Ebola is a particular concern. Along with commercial hunting and loss of habitat, it is decimating wild gorilla and chimpanzee populations. It is one of the leading killers of wild apes. “Ebola is one of the hemorrhagic fever viruses. It has a very high attack rate and very high death rate,” Simmons said.

The virus is also deadly for humans. A recent outbreak of the Zaire strain of Ebola in West Africa has caused more than 250 documented human cases, which have resulted in more than 175 deaths since March in Guinea and Liberia.

This week, four deaths in the Sierra Leone region of West Africa have been confirmed, according to the World Heath Organization.

The disease is transmitted through human contact and through consumption of animals that have contracted Ebola.

Chimpanzees at the NIRC were tested for the Zaire strain of Ebola, Simmons said. Researchers determined that apes given the virus-like particles and an adjuvant, which is a substance that enhances immune system response, developed enough resistance to survive the Zaire strain.

“We demonstrated that they had antibodies that would be protective,” Simmons said. Chimpanzees and gorillas are susceptible to a host of pathogens, including malaria and simian immunodeficiency virus. “The findings of the vaccine trial conducted at NIRC are important because it’s crucial to protect primate species in the wild from extinction,” Simmons said.

The NIRC is collaborating with VaccinApe, a non-profit organization working to implement vaccination for the endangered animals.

The center is in New Iberia, La., about 20 miles from the University of Louisiana’s main campus. It houses more than 6,000 nonhuman primates, including about 200 chimpanzees.

In the past, the University of Louisiana NIRC partnered with the pharmaceutical industry and the National Institutes of Health to develop vaccines for the prevention of human diseases, such as Hepatitis C and Respiratory Syncytial Virus.

Louisiana.edu

8. Default Relocation of New Iberia chimps is complete

All 110 chimps from a laboratory in New Iberia have been moved to Chimp Haven in northwest Louisiana, according to the national sanctuary for chimpanzees retired from federal research.

The rest of the story

9. Research Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

No doubt many diseases will continue to ravage our species because of humanitarian concerns. Good thing we have computer models, and such to take care of future research, much more accurate than a species that is between 95-98 percent in line with humans.

https://answersingenesis.org/genetic.-not-any-more/

Clearly if chimps are not close enough for valuable research we need to release the rats. Perhaps even with a nap sack of cheese on their way to a field near you.

10. Default Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt many diseases will continue to ravage our species because of humanitarian concerns. Good thing we have computer models, and such to take care of future research, much more accurate than a species that is between 95-98 percent in line with humans.

Clearly if chimps are not close enough for valuable research we need to release the rats. Perhaps even with a nap sack of cheese on their way to a field near you.
    -------Read Dr Mary's monkey!!!!

11. Default Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

I do not understand the point of the article "answersingenesis", I only skimmed through it. But it does a good job of pointing out that all species have a common ancestor as proven through countless methods with DNA being the latest. Wether we are 95% or 98% the same as our ape relatives, we are still smart enough to read and understand and dumb enough to deny the logical conclusion. This because we are affraid to admit that we were wrong about something. Flat earth, with everything revolving around our human greatness, right. I think a better sight for information on facts and not beliefs would be, "answersinknowledge.think". You can keep self justifying your ignorance or you can live in the joy of knowledge and facts. Come on in the water is perfect.

Default Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

I hate rats. A cremation of the entire species would suit me just fine. Release?.not so much.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCajun View Post
    I do not understand the point of the article "answersingenesis", I only skimmed through it. But it does a good job of pointing out that all species have a common ancestor as proven through countless methods with DNA being the latest. Wether we are 95% or 98% the same as our ape relatives, we are still smart enough to read and understand and dumb enough to deny the logical conclusion. This because we are affraid to admit that we were wrong about something. Flat earth, with everything revolving around our human greatness, right. I think a better sight for information on facts and not beliefs would be, "answersinknowledge.think". You can keep self justifying your ignorance or you can live in the joy of knowledge and facts. Come on in the water is perfect.
    The only point of the article is the obvious. Chimps and humans are not as close by DNA as once thought, but are still likely to stem fr a common link.

My take away is to tie human research to chimps is that much weaker, but still valid. Apes & humans have different rights.

I am at peace that intelligent animals with emotions might be better than computer models. Hell we even use humans in the final clinical trials to see if chimp, animal, or computer models are valid.

For every study you can dig up saying not needed I can find one just as valid saying needed.

Default Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

LMFAO

15. Default Re: The University of Louisiana Primate Research Story

Percentages mercentages, its all written in the same common code.

Do the research.

jmo

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information