Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: The University of Louisiana at New Iberia Primate Research Story

Default Re: NIRC Rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ BTW, someone at NIRC emailed me, said the article had a "huge" reception with the Center's partners.

It must have gone through almost all of the animal research labs. either that, or the HSUS supporters were going over to read it. For two days, it octupled our traffic on ultoday.com. _
    And i know our administration had a copy of it also. Very well done.

Dr Fun, first of all, that is a very well written piece.

Secondly, I am in no way surprised that ABC did this. They, along with all of the other major media outlets, have been doing this sort of thing for decades. It is a coordinated attack to push forward a political agenda.

News is not news. It is a product that is created, shaped, and sold.

3. Default Inspectors set deadline to come into compliance

New Iberia - Animal mistreatment alleged by the Humane Society was not cited by federal inspectors during their visit to the New Iberia Research Center last month, according to a USDA report.

U.S. Department of Agriculture inspectors, however, found six areas of non-compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and set deadlines for corrective action.

USDA Secretary Thomas Vilsack promised the investigation in March after the release of video shot by a Humane Society investigator, who worked undercover at the center for nine months in 2008.

The rest of the story

By MARSHA SILLS
    Advocate Acadiana bureau

4. Default UL responds to report on primate facility

U.S. agriculture officials visited center for inspection in March

The director of UL's New Iberia Research Center said Tuesday that several steps are being taken to address six concerns raised by U.S. Department of Agriculture inspectors.

Those concerns, outlined in a report issued on March 27, focus on how certain actions are documented and reviewed and how some primates are housed, sedated and transported.

The rest of the story

Amanda McElfresh • amcelfresh@theadvertiser.com

5. Default Re: Animal abuse allegations denied

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I prefer dogs. I work with human primates and they are not very impressive. _
    I luv it!!

6. Default Re: Animal abuse allegations denied

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ I like dogs as well. In fact, I have one laying at my feet as I type, but try as I might I can't get him to unscrew a bottle of water and give me a drink.

If you are not happy where you work, why not change jobs? Humans can do that and I'm sure some other primates wish they could as well. _
    You have a smart dog! He knows if he does it once you will bother him to do it again, and again, etc. Then he figures you will be sending him out in the rain to fetch the newspaper!!

Default Re: Animal abuse allegations denied

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ You have a smart dog!
    I knowI sometimes wonder which of us is the master.

8. Default Re: Animal abuse allegations denied

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ I knowI sometimes wonder which of us is the master. _
    From where I sit, I believe he's gotcha. But a final test is if he goes and sits by the door and you rise up out of your comfy chair to let him out, then go through the out of the chair routine when he "arfs" to be let in you know where you fit in the pecking order.

Default Re: Animal abuse allegations denied

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ From where I sit, I believe he's gotcha. But a final test is if he goes and sits by the door and you rise up out of your comfy chair to let him out, then go through the out of the chair routine when he "arfs" to be let in you know where you fit in the pecking order. _
    LOLOL

You nailed me!

You been hiding somewhere in my home watching his training sessions? That's exactly how well trained he has me.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I agree with the prudent hunting as well, Fun. My uncle owns a 4000 acre ranch in Del Rio, Texas and he is required by the state of Texas to harvest nearly 200 deer per year in order to keep the balence in check. I spoke to his ranch manager about such a high number to harvest and he informed me that the alternative was much worse and less humaine. Before they we enrolled in the program they would lose 200-300 deer per year to blue tongue or anthrax.

Hunting is the humane alternative. _
    BTW, check out my essay on the Humane Society on ultoday.com.

11. Default Primate center probe ends. Situation corrected

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has formally ended its investigation into UL's New Iberia Research Center, more than a year after receiving a complaint from the Humane Society of the United States about possible abuse of primates at the facility .

The rest of the story

Daily Advertiser

Default Headlines

UL Primate Center Fined $18K by Feds
    Ouachita Selects Summer Title by UL, McNeese Faculty
    UL's Kurtz: Harvard, Oxford Train World's Leaders
    UL's Wilson Says Comerica Auction a Success
    Boy Scouts Honor UL Alums Louis & Mike Michot
    Beausoleil Solar Home Spotlighted
    ULM Pharmacy Prof Gets $426K NIH Grant

and more.

http://ultoday.com

Default Humane Society at it Again.

14. Default Re: Humane Society at it Again.

If the HSUS don't like us testing possibly life saving things on chimps, why don't they volunteer to be the test subjects?

Default Re: Humane Society at it Again.

Or let the baddest one in their club go three, three minute rounds with one of the chimps.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information