Thread: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

1. Default Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

Green was the lone bright spot for the Ragin' Cajuns, as he accounted for slightly over 76 percent of the passing yards for Louisiana. Green's 60-yard reception accounted for the Louisiana's only touchdown last .

Default Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

What's his percentage now?

Default Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    _ What's his percentage now? _

It's now 56.1 percent (184 of 328 receiving yards).

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We absolutely have to figure out how to give Ladarius more touches. We cannot throw to Ladarius too many times IMO.

Other receivers need to step it up.

igeaux.mobi

When Ladarius is not fighting drops, he's almost unstoppable. He looked like a man amongst boys out there this past weekend. We need a #2 and #3 option that pick it up though because teams will figure out ways to rotate coverages to him more and more.

7. Default Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ We absolutely have to figure out how to give Ladarius more touches. We cannot throw to Ladarius too many times IMO. _
    I noticed this weekend that Green was Mason's first read on most of his plays when he was in the Game. However Chris was telegraphing his throws by looking a Green the whole time. He will learn to look off the defenders better giving Green even greater odds of completions. I was empressed how Ladarius out battled the defenders on more than one occassion. He really showed some strength.
    Ladarius is a very special player. Light spoken, he is a very likeable player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ I noticed this weekend that Green was Mason's first read on most of his plays when he was in the Game. However Chris was telegraphing his throws by looking a Green the whole time. He will learn to look off the defenders better giving Green even greater odds of completions. I was empressed how Ladarius out battled the defenders on more than one occassion. He really showed some strength.
    Ladarius is a very special player. Light spoken, he is a very likeable player. _

I love GreenHe's a monster coming across the defenders over the middle. If we can give Masson enough time to wait until he comes completely across he's unstoppable. Not to mention the over the top passeswho's gonna jump higher than Green in the subelt???

STUD!

This is so COOL Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

I think this guy should be turning more heads. I could seriously see him playing on Sundays. I think he's as good as lsu's tight end maybe even better. Although maybe I shouldn't type that I'm sure the people across the Atchafalaya wouldn't like hearing that.

UL Football Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

_ We absolutely have to figure out how to give Ladarius more touches. We cannot throw to Ladarius too many times IMO. _
    I agree wholeheartedly. Ladarius had a heck of a game. He is a very talented player. He blocks on running plays and he blocks downfield. He is a complete player. He could average 10 receptions per game.
    Go Cajuns!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ I noticed this weekend that Green was Mason's first read on most of his plays when he was in the Game. However Chris was telegraphing his throws by looking a Green the whole time. He will learn to look off the defenders better giving Green even greater odds of completions. I was empressed how Ladarius out battled the defenders on more than one occassion. He really showed some strength.
    Ladarius is a very special player. Light spoken, he is a very likeable player. _
    Ladarius needs to be Chris's one in his progression and probably doesn't need to fake any defenders. But, that is a problem I pointed out this weekend (Chris not looking off defenders). I was told that since we flood the zone on most pass plays, there really is no looking off to fake defenders. The biggest assistant to Ladarius's continued success is when our other receivers start catching passes. If he's one on one, he wins.

If our WRs don't start snatching catches consistently, I'd move Ladarius to the slot and throw to him until they triple teamed him. We could stick a couple of our blocking TEs in the game and help buy time and make Ladarius what he will end up in the NFL. the next Colston.

12. Default Re: Ladarius Green: The Best College Football Player You've Never Heard Of

_ Ladarius needs to be Chris's one in his progression and probably doesn't need to fake any defenders. But, that is a problem I pointed out this weekend (Chris not looking off defenders). I was told that since we flood the zone on most pass plays, there really is no looking off to fake defenders. The biggest assistant to Ladarius's continued success is when our other receivers start catching passes. If he's one on one, he wins.

If our WRs don't start snatching catches consistently, I'd move Ladarius to the slot and throw to him until they triple teamed him. We could stick a couple of our blocking TEs in the game and help buy time and make Ladarius what he will end up in the NFL. the next Colston. _
    I agree and this is kind of why I would like to see the receivers run set patterns.

If Masson isn't looking off of Green it's possibly due to him either having no idea what adjustments the receivers might make or no confidence in the adjustments they might make and even less confidence in he and them being on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree and this is kind of why I would like to see the receivers run set patterns.

If Masson isn't looking off of Green it's possibly due to him either having no idea what adjustments the receivers might make or no confidence in the adjustments they might make and even less confidence in he and them being on the same page.
    Or Masson knows that Green can catch about anything thrown in his direction and figures that's his best option right now.

The back shoulder catch he made for the TD was literally about 3 feet above the defender's arms.

Thread Information