Thread: off topic: Hornets fire Tim Floyd

Default off topic: Hornets fire Tim Floyd

Press conference at 11:30

here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1797077

2. Default

One and done.

I never like his teams style but he sure had UNO going a few years back.

I certainly understand the point of view held by most analysts and Hornets fans, but I think the guy should have been given at least another year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and though I didn't see Floyd making NO into a powerhouse, I thought he could have done a good job were he given a little younger, faster team to suit what he tries to do.

I wouldn't mind seeing the team try to get Byron Scott to take over the head coaching job now, though. Combine him with a good general manager and he could do good things in New Orleans.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . .

Originally posted by brockmeaux
    Rome wasn't built in a day, and though I didn't see Floyd making NO into a powerhouse,
    Say what Rome was not built in a day, heck no but Nero burned it in a night. Tim Floyd is a better than average college coach, but could not adapt to the NBA where it is about the players not the coaches. He needs to find a gig, say 80 miles upriver.

Man, I hate to say this.I think we had a shot at getting Coach Floyd, but we jumped the gun. The timing was perfect.

UL Basketball

Red Bug, I don't know about that. I read an interview he did when he came back to coaching last year and he said he was pretty happy living in Mississippi and fishing in his pond. He said that he wanted to coach again, but it worked out well in NO since he could commute to New Orleans. Sounded like he didn't want to move and Lafayette would be a long commute. I know cause I did it for a while.

Redbug
    I hate to admit this but if Tim Floyd would have called and said he wanted the job, they would have said thanks for your interest, but we can't hire you. You don't fit the description for our hire!

8. Default

OK folks, since I have been tagged as an LSU spy in disquise, believe me this if you want to or not. But here goes."rumor" has it that if Floyd was not canned after this season (03-04), the 04-05 season would have done him in. Now, here is where it gets interesting"rumor" has it that this is also the "swan song" for Brady in Baton Rouge. Sooooo, beings Floyd has made it clear that he loves it soooo much here in south LA, he was "supposedly" told to be patient and let's see what happens in Baton Rouge in the 04-05 basketball season. According to the "rumor", Floyd has told several affluent folks (LSU alumni) that the LSU job is one that he covets the most if or when he would ever coach college basketball again. Again, take this with a grain of salt. This is purely "speculation" & "rumor" that someone passed on to me from someone that knows sombody's brother's uncle's nephew's godchild's cousin that heard it from someone in the "know."

It would make sense though, since Brady is a pure jack _____ that cannot coach himself out of a wet paperbag!

realitycajun even though you come across as an LSU goofball sometimes I have no reason to doubt you on this. realitycajun don't expect Floyd to win right away he is just like Brady he will want his own players.

Somebody needs to give realitycajun an attitude adjustment.

I think Floyd would do really well at LSUA&M. I have always hated UNO, but at the same time I really liked what Floyd was doing there. Man, nobody ran a motion offense like they did way back when.

Speaking of way back when, it was nothing to see 10,000 people at the Dome when UNO came to town, or 9,000 at Lakefront when the Cajuns hit town. I think it's coming back in Lafayette, but I wonder if UNO will ever see those numbers again. What a rivalry it used to be.

Who gives a _____ about LSUA&MBR?

Thread Information