Thread: ROUX: Lady Cajuns add new members

UL Basketball ROUX: Lady Cajuns add new members

for those that follow cajun basketball. Treynell Clavelle, a Jeanerette, La., native, will enroll at Louisiana-Lafayette and be eligible to play in the 2005-06 season as a junior.

2. UL Basketball

Where is he coming from, and what are his "credentials"?

hey there sir took the liberty to post your quote how you really wanted to don't worry happens to me all the time always "rage" on !

Originally posted by cajuncharlie
    Where is she coming from, and what are her "credentials"?
    cajuns are legends

4. UL Basketball Clavelle transfers from LSU to UL Lafayette

Cajun women also add wing player Melissa Bratton.

LOUISIANA La. — Make it nine new faces on Louisiana's Lady Cajuns basketball squad for the coming season, and a tenth — and a very familiar name — set for the following year.

Coach J. Kelley Hall’s squad added its ninth signee Thursday with the inking of wing player Melissa Bratton of Mt. Pleasant, Texas, and Kilgore Junior College. She is the fifth junior college player signed by Hall for the 2004-05 season.

The more familiar name is that of Treynell Clavelle, the former Jeanerette High standout who has been a part of LSU’s powerhouse women’s basketball program for the past two years.

The 6-foot-3 Clavelle, who averaged 3.7 points and 3.3 rebounds as a sophomore this year, officially received a transfer release from LSU earlier this week and signed scholarship papers with the Cajuns on Thursday.

Clavelle will sit out the 2004-05 season as a transfer and will be eligible to play in the 2005-06 season as a junior.

Clavelle scored a career-high 11 points in LSU’s win over top-seeded Texas in the NCAA regional semifinal during the Lady Tigers’ march to the Final Four in New Orleans.

“She shot 63 percent from the floor in 26 games, so that tells me she can shoot the ball,” Hall said. “In the games I saw her, she rebounded the ball really well. If you compute her numbers against her minutes, her averages are a lot higher than the stats show.

“LSU ran a motion offense, and I think her abilities are much more suited to our offensive setup. We’ll run a power game and post her up inside.”

“It is difficult to part ways with a player the caliber of Treynell,” said recently-named LSU coach Dana “Pokey” Chatman in a university release. “She made significant contributions when called upon.’’

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

5. Default

Looks like the town of Jeanerette will be fans of Louisiana after next sesaon.

I wonder if Kayla Gagnet of the Advertiser will do a similar story to the one she did on LSU. LINK

Perhaps she will if the Lady Cajuns make the tournament.

6. Default

Snote, I had no idea it was a she rather than a he. Thanks for saving me

How is Coach Hall doing it??? I think he's got about 10 new players coming in now!!! Great job coach!!!!

Thread Information