Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: The Glenn Cyprien File .

1. Default sour grapes

It is my understanding that none of this is news to Nelson, he has researched it and found that Cyprien was not guilty of any violations -

Give him some credit, he would not put himself on the line with an important hire without doing his homework and getting the end of the story as well as the allegations that you posted.

Lets all get behind Cyprien and the Cajun program. Let him enjoy his day tomorrow.

PS. While doing your homework, how about looking up implicated (v. implacated) in the dictionary.

Originally posted by vatican
    Give him some credit, he would not put himself on the line with an important hire without doing his homework and getting the end of the story as well as the allegations that you posted.
    That's not my point. This information should have been put out there in the interest of full discloser. The information is now on the table for all to disect. Now, I will support this guy and hope to be there Wednesday to hear his press conference in person.

"PS. While doing your homework, how about looking up implicated (v. implacated) in the dictionary."

I spell well enought to get my point out.But,I couldn't find Kool-Aid drinker.Thanks for helping out on that one.

How many of us knew who Ricky Bustle was when we were looking for a football coach? I didn't know much about him and he wasn't the guy that I was hopeing for at the time. It's the same thing with Cyprien. He's not the guy that I was wanting, but what the heck do I know. I didn't interview any of these guys. Every one of us had a favorite. The decision has been made by the people who are paid to make these type of decisions. It's time for us "fans" to get on board and support the new coach.
    Thank you "cajun express" for you "clear headed" comments.

Well said redbug. Go Cajuns in 2004!

UL Basketball

Agreed. Let's support our university. I don't know what went on in the hiring. Cyprien has very good coaching experience & he is from Louisana. Maybe he'll make it his home again for long time. Just like a couple of previous post, I hope it's not a step on the ladder in the near future for him to go to another program. I feel for Coach Lee. I think he or Ricky Broussard would have been good choices.

I would certainly hope that Robert Lee is offered a pay increase as well. It sounds like he deserves it.

GEAUX CAJUNS

7. Default

My feelings exactly, RedBug and CajunExpress!!

All of the four guys except Robert Lee have questionable recruiting practices. But those were the four "BEST CANDIDATES" that Nelson could come up with. Yeah right! I bet they were hoping none of this would come to light. Thanks for sharing Guru. A new coach with questionable recruiting tactics. Great Job Nelson, AD, and Ray!!!!!

Awesome hire? Some of UL fans are all the same. They could have hired Adolf Hitler and you would be saying awesome hire. You mean we didn't do a background check on this guy? Paying players at UNLV! Way to go Nelson and Ray. GREAT HIRE. That's what you get for interviewing 4 of the same candidates! Is it to late to cancel the press conference.

10. Default

Don't be naive people. There is some degree of cheating in every Division 1 program in the country. Believe it or not!

Bottom line is he is a great hire and he will do a good job. Be happy.

11. Default

cajunchicken - this is what happens when you only read half of a story as posted. Read the whole story, like the end where nothing was proven against Cyprien, and see what "sour grapes" (a.k.a. cajun guru) left out. Lets move on, May 6, 2004 is the press conference for our new coach and we are all wrapped up in unsubstantiated allegations from 1998-99. Move on.

"This is a nonuniversity matter and it's not my place to implicate somebody else," Koloskie said. "I'm very comfortable that Coach Cyprien did not intentionally violate NCAA rules in this matter."

CajunChicken- As you can see, it's not that the whole story was not given, it's just that Vatican only reads half the post. You have a right to express concerns about your university and the questionable hire by this administration. Think for yourself, don't join the Kool-Aid drinking club(a.k.a vatican).

13. UL Basketball

LOUISIANA La. — Judging from the reaction of coaches and administrators who have worked with Glynn Cyprien, Louisiana Athletic Director Nelson Schexnayder did his homework in selecting the Oklahoma State assistant to be UL’s next men’s basketball coach.

Cyprien, who edged interim head coach Robert Lee for the position, will be introduced as the Ragin’ Cajun mentor at a 3 p.m. press conference today.

He also will throw out the first pitch at tonight’s UL-Southeastern Louisiana baseball game at Moore Field.

“I don’t ever hire an assistant coach unless I think someday he will be able to head up a Division I program,” OSU coach Eddie Sutton said on Tuesday.

“I told Cyp when he got here that I expected him to work hard, and I let him coach. I think it’s an injustice if you don’t do that. He came to us with so many recommendations, and he’s been a real joy for us.

“We hate to see him go, but I know he’ll do a tremendous job there at Louisiana Lafayette.”

“Cyp is one of the best young coaches around,” said North Florida coach Matt Kilcullen, who had Cyprien on his staffs at both Jacksonville and Western Kentucky in the 1990s.

“He has a great enthusiasm for the game, he’s a terrific recruiter and he’s a great teacher of young people. He helps them to reach their potential both on and off the court.”

Asked about Cyprien’s outgoing personality, Kilcullen said, “If you looked up ‘life’ in the dictionary, his picture would be there. I don’t think anyone who’s met him could not come away saying that’s a ‘go’ kind of guy. He’s had that personality since I first met him in 1991.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Anybody know if Lee is going to stay on as an Asst.?

Guys, I had to pass this along. A friend just email this message to me. It is a post on an LSU board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New ULL Coach Glenn Cyprien - Not all good news for LSU

"beware LSU basketball program. glenn cyprien, or "lump" as we called him at jesuit in new orleans is a huge threat to recruiting at LSU. just watch out for this guy. he was the primary recruiter for guys like shawn marion and keon clark while at UNLV. he not only knows how to coach but he really relates to the young kids. let's just call him the antithesis of john brady. ULL has an established program and will take potential LSU recruits to lafayette. believe you me!"

It was supposedly posted by an LSU grad and supporter of the LSU b-ball team. I hope he's right! I can't wait until 3PM today when it becomes official!!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information