Default Re: University of Louisiana to Announce Partnership with Tabasco®

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ PRESTIGE WORLD WIDE! _
    fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ fixed it. _
    Stadiums! Logos! Science! Technology!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We should work with Tabasco to sponsor t-shirts for students. All female students who attend the games will be given a t-shirt, complete with a cool Louisiana Ragin Cajun design. Hidden in one of the t-shirts (one per game) is a special Tabasco logo. Once the wet t-shirt party starts, the one wearing the special logo t-shirt will have a moisture triggered emblem revealed and will get $1000 from Tabasco, in the "Ragin Cajun Hot and Spicy Tabasco Wet T-Shirt Contest". This will get more students to the game (especially males). I also think the disappointment of a rainy football gameday will be seriously offset for all but a few. The ones who usually leave early aren't really the kind that like wet t-shirt contests anyway.

I also want to do a Tabasco Ragin Cajun Calendar and will volunteer to do the bikini designs, including painting those bikinis on the girls. I came up with it. so it is only appropriate I get to do it.

I have a lot more ideas to make this all work out. I don't really want to go into the details, but I have some fantastic "tramp stamp" logos for UL and Tabasco to work with. My plan is for Tabasco to pay for a monster HD video board where I will be a roving cameraman looking for the girl with the best version of my stamp and crown her "Cajun Hottie". Kind of like basketball does with the dome screen by spotting couples and having them kiss. I will spot the hottie, zoom in on her stamp. and then I will. well. I'm working on the family-friendly version and it is not coming to me just yet.

I've called and left a message with Dr. S and expect to hear from him shortly on acceptance of my ideas.

my wife took this picture and sent it to me

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    _ my wife took this picture and sent it to me _
    The best thing about these two shirts, is the term ragin cajuns is on them, not Louisiana Lafayette. Two major thumbs up, if this is all it is, I am very happy. Marriage made in heaven. Hot sauce and sports. Thanks for the pics marine.

I'll take one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarine81 View Post
    _ my wife took this picture and sent it to me _
    nicei like!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: University of Louisiana to Announce Partnership with Tabasco®

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ We should work with Tabasco to sponsor t-shirts for students. All female students who attend the games will be given a t-shirt, complete with a cool Louisiana Ragin Cajun design. Hidden in one of the t-shirts (one per game) is a special Tabasco logo. Once the wet t-shirt party starts, the one wearing the special logo t-shirt will have a moisture triggered emblem revealed and will get $1000 from Tabasco, in the "Ragin Cajun Hot and Spicy Tabasco Wet T-Shirt Contest". This will get more students to the game (especially males). I also think the disappointment of a rainy football gameday will be seriously offset for all but a few. The ones who usually leave early aren't really the kind that like wet t-shirt contests anyway.

I also want to do a Tabasco Ragin Cajun Calendar and will volunteer to do the bikini designs, including painting those bikinis on the girls. I came up with it. so it is only appropriate I get to do it.

I have a lot more ideas to make this all work out. I don't really want to go into the details, but I have some fantastic "tramp stamp" logos for UL and Tabasco to work with. My plan is for Tabasco to pay for a monster HD video board where I will be a roving cameraman looking for the girl with the best version of my stamp and crown her "Cajun Hottie". Kind of like basketball does with the dome screen by spotting couples and having them kiss. I will spot the hottie, zoom in on her stamp. and then I will. well. I'm working on the family-friendly version and it is not coming to me just yet.

I've called and left a message with Dr. S and expect to hear from him shortly on acceptance of my ideas. _
    J1M, you are cookin' with your last couple of emails! I see the creative juices are flowing now!

T-shirt logo for our babes; "Hot on the outside, all Ragin Cajun on the inside!"

I went ahead and trademarked that phrase; go ahead and use it, just send me the 10%! jk

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

Wasn,t the unveiling today at 11:00? I am really surprised that no one is writing about this or showing pictures. I know we are all curious. Anyone?

10. Default A 'Two Hot' Spicy Combo: University of Louisiana and Tabasco®

The University of Louisiana and Tabasco® are a spicy combo.

Representatives from the university’s Office of Communications and Marketing and the world-famous pepper sauce company announced a new “Two Hot” partnership.

“ Marketing these two brands is a natural fit,” said Ken Ardoin, vice president for University Advancement at UL.

Matthew Tarver, assistant director for Trademark Licensing at UL noted that Tabasco® and UL have been neighbors for more than a century. “This relationship signifies the sense of community that the Acadiana region has become known for.”

The partnership has produced two co-branded logos. One features Tabasco’s iconic pepper sauce bottle tipping over, enabling the red peppery mix to form the words “Ragin’ Cajuns.” The other features the words “Two Hot,” along with Tabasco’s and UL’s marks. Lisa and Kevin Prejean, owners of the award-winning Prejean Creative design firm, developed both logos.

“ Two paragons of excellence from south Louisiana – Tabasco® sauce and the University of Louisiana – have cooperated over several years with spectacular results. McIlhenny Company's partnership with the university has evolved from a relationship centered largely around culinary scholarships to a multifaceted effort that includes marketing, merchandising and sports sponsorships,” said Cecil Hymel, vice president of Administration.

“ McIlhenny Company believes in supporting and teaming with institutions of higher learning like UL in part because universities play such a critical role in human resource development.”

Merchandise with the co-branded logos can be found in the Country Store on Tabasco’s website at www.tabasco.com Items with the new logos can also be purchased at Albertson’s, Follet’s The Bookstore, Louisiana Hot Stuff and University Bookstore.

UL PRess
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    (1) Why not go national with this? Nearly every restaurant and grocery store in the US has Tabasco. Why not a little blurb about the parallel history and relationship of these two brands on the back of the bottle.

(2) If I could ever get behind a stadium naming rights agreement for Cajun Field, it would be with Tabasco.

I failed to mention that I do like the deal, and the logos are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ This may be your most positive post I have ever read.

Keep up the good work! _
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I'm liking this a lot. Some were saying that Tabasco was too big for UL and they had no reason to advertise with us. The fit is just too good.

I really appreciate Spedale's Florist. but I sure would like to hear something like:

"That's another smokin hot eye watering fire breathing ass burning Cajun Tabasco first down!!!"

Of course. a shorter version could be utilized as well. _
    Did you see the vapor trail behind Jason Chery last night? That was a smokin' hot TD for the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ This is HUGE news for the University! But I like to put my shoes on before I run. My enthusiasm will be tempered until I the actually scope of how large or the direction of this partnership works. But this is a very good and logical step for both involved!

igeaux.mobi _
    As Bustle would say, "No question. No question." Getting ahead of ourselves a bit, but think about what happened at Louisville and how fast it happened when Papa John's started spending money over there.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I agree Jay. I'm sure it's something on a much smaller scale than what's being predicted here. Probably just some Tabasco products being sold, sponsoring some t shirt give aways, stuff of that nature. _
    I don't think anyone is predicting or expecting anything. It is clear that the deal simply involves a logo on a bottle, a beer coozie, and a mouse pad (so far, looking at their web store). I think we are just wishfully thinking about future possibilities. It's called "hope." Hope turns to action and then you have an indoor practice facility. Hope keeps this board alive.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information