Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Stadium Update

Default Softball Stadium Update

What is the status of the softball stadium construction? Anything new to report? Any photos to show?

2. Default Re: Softball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ What is the status of the softball stadium construction? Anything new to report? Any photos to show? _
    No but the BoR just issued a statement that there will be fallout if UL proceeds with the silly idea of having a place for Softball fans to sit.

I'm

Default Re: Softball Stadium Update

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ No but the BoR just issued a statement that there will be fallout if UL proceeds with the silly idea of having a place for Softball fans to sit.

I'm _
    Don't laugh. They're the reason we sat in the OF last year.

Default Re: Softball Stadium Update

Went by yesterday and they are continuing on the pouring of the piers, which I guess will support the structure. It seems to be taking a while as they are not doing them all at the same time.

Default Softball Stadium?

Any recent pictures of construction progress?? Just curious. Thanks.

Default Re: Softball Stadium?

Here are a few I took today at lunch. Sorry its from the back side of the stands, but I didn't have time to get around to the field side. I'll try to get a few more when I have a little time.

7. Default Re: Softball Stadium?

Nice! I love me some progress!

These guys must have bid by the hour instead of by the job!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ These guys must have bid by the hour instead of by the job!

igeaux.mobi _
    Really! I havn't been in Lafayette in a while so are they building the new stadium in a new location or renovating the stadium at its original location?

It looks really close to the new indoor practice facility in the pictures.

In the same spot as the current softball facility?

Some of the work was done offsite.with certain then pre-configured sections moved to the site. It just seems like progress has been VERY slow.leading me to speculate that they must be milking this job by the hour.

igeaux.mobi

They tore down the old stadium only field is still in good shape. There will be new locker rooms coaches office and new concessions. And of course new stand. Should be really nice when complete.

Been in construction since 1976, they are not going to make it. Them saying it's fabricated off site means they have pieces fabricated off site and they still have to put the pieces together here.

13. Default Re: Softball Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ Been in construction since 1976, they are not going to make it. Them saying it's fabricated off site means they have pieces fabricated off site and they still have to put the pieces together here. _
    Time for a T-bine poll---When will the girls S-ball stadium be ready?????

Wo is doing the work? Is it the same State-connected group that did the IPF? the pace of the work and the size of the crew assigned seems the same.

Default Softball Stadium

Well, the McNeese game is tomorrow night. Is there still going to be a formal dedication of the stadium even though it apparently is still not completed? Any more pictures of the stadium to indicate its current status?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information