Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two Hoots and a Holler for Rickey Broussard

1. UL Basketball Two Hoots and a Holler for Rickey Broussard

I just heard second hand from a source I respect Rickey Broussard will interview early next week.

Are you serious! Yes there is a God! You think they are listening to the cajun fans?

Ricky Broussard would be a major step back for this program.

4. Default

Rickey Broussard WOULD BE THE BEST HIRE FOR THE JOB!! You can take that to the bank, along with all of the $$$ support that will come out of the woodworks! Some of you may make me out to be something that I am not, but TRUST ME when I tell you this, DON'T be surprised if Rickey Broussard is announced as the head coach. Besides, he is the ONLY one interviewing that has head coaching experience! The rest of them are either still wet behind the ears, or are just plain outlaws!! Take that to the bank also!!

Rickey Broussard needs to go back to coaching high school. That's if he can find a high school who would want him.

Like I said earlier--the players either think that Ricky is the Second Coming or the guy from below---No mid-range views. This has not changed from the last hiring search. My take is he is a good coach and a people person , but once again, no cigar for Coach Broussard.

Cajun Express you don't know s--- about coaching. You must have played high school ball against him and he kicked your a--. Butch Pierre and Robert Lee would be a major step back and guess what that is who they are going to hire, one of those idiots. Sorry you dislike Ricky but you obviously don't know him. He's got class and can coach. The last two guys couldn't do that!

UL Tuba Tom I think Robert Lee needs to go back to Opelousas High School where he was sooooooooooooooo successful. How many Top 28 teams did he have with all that talent in Opelousas. One! What a great coach. If we are considering Lee we ought to consider hiring Ricky's Brother Danny he's been to the Top 28 about 10 times more than Lee. but oh yeah he doesn't fit the requirements. Tuba are you in the band? Your knowledge of what is going is about zero. But this is a great place for you to voice your opinion.

UL Basketball

Originally posted by cajunchicken
    Cajun Express you don't know s--- about coaching. You must have played high school ball against him and he kicked your a--.
    I have never said this guy was not a class guy. I have said he has a history as a 1A head coach and it is not good.

It is my opinion that it is like credit, you are more likely to make a good loan to someone who has no credit than someone who has had bad credit. In my opinion Coach Broussard has failed to rebuild his credit from his time at Nicholls. You might think he did a great job, I do not.

No, I have never played, or lost a game against him. In fact I did not even know who he was until the last time he tried to get this job.

Cajun Express it's all how you want to look at it. Overall Record not that impressive, 2 Conference Championships, UNBELIEVABLE! Do a little history check on Nicholls State University in Thibodaux Louisiana and check out the records of every coach there and you MIGHT see the light. Thats my SPIN!

"must have played high school ball against him and he kicked your a--. Butch Pierre and Robert Lee would be a major step back and guess what that is who they are going to hire, one of those idiots."

CajunChicken,you can support your choice without the character assassination of others. I would like you to name one example of something coach LEE did that was outlaw or why he is an idiot. I hear some say the same about coach Broussard, I don't think that's correct either. If we are going to choose the most qualified person in this state,then Kennedy is number one based upon his success at more then one program. So let's not slam people because you don't support them right now.

I admit when I am wrong you are right Coach Lee is not an idiot but I am very concerned about him being the next head coach. He is simply not ready.

"I admit when I am wrong you are right Coach Lee is not an idiot but I am very concerned about him being the next head coach. He is simply not ready."

I don't think anyone can promise that the candidates as known,can bring this program to the next level.I'm not knocking Rickey,but I include him in that category as well.

I might be hitting a hyper sensitive issue, I really think that people want ricky broussard as coach is because he is white, and has ties to Louisiana, why are yall so afraid of a coach being black. Are you really telling me that the Assistant coach from Oklahoma St. or Mississippi State would not be a good fit, and Ricky Broussard would be a better choice. These coaches have been to the final four, these are people that have been successful. Do yall really think that Ricky Broussard would be the best choice because people are willing to support a white coach that has ties to the University. I support what is best for the University, not fan support or who people want to see as coach. These 4 candidates are the best people for the job not Ricky Broussard. Why wouldnt coach Lee get the same support as Ricky Broussard at least coach Lee has been here 8 years and showed dedication to UL.

Tuba, you any good in history. How do we pick the president of the United States. Go practice your musicical notes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information