Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predict the final 2010 SBC Standings

UL Football Predict the final 2010 SBC Standings

With only 16½ days until kickoff, we need to start talking a little more football.

Remember there are 36 games, so you have to pick 36 wins and 36 loses. What do you think will be the final 2010 SBC standings???

Saturday, September 11, 2010 Louisiana Arkansas StateLafayette, La.
    Saturday, September 18, 2010 ULM Arkansas StateMornoe, La.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 Louisiana Middle TennesseeLafayette, La.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 Troy Arkansas StateTroy, Ala.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 Florida Atlantic North TexasFort Lauderdale, Fla.
    Saturday, October 02, 2010 North Texas LouisianaDenton, Texas
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010 Middle Tennessee TroyMurfreesboro, Tenn
    Saturday, October 09, 2010 FIU Western KentuckyMiami, Fla.
    Saturday, October 09, 2010 ULM Florida AtlanticMonroe, La.
    Saturday, October 09, 2010 North Texas Arkansas StateDenton, Texas
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 Western Kentucky ULMBowling Green, Ky.
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 Troy LouisianaTroy, Ala.
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 North Texas FIUDenton, Texas
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 Arkansas State Florida AtlanticJonesboro, Ark.
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 Louisiana Western KentuckyLafayette, La.
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 Middle Tennessee ULMMurfreesboro, Tenn.
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 North Texas Western KentuckyDenton, Texas
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 ULM TroyMonroe, La.
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 Florida Atlantic FIUTBA
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 Arkansas State Middle TennesseeJonesboro, Ark.
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 Western Kentucky Florida AtlanticBowling Green, Ky.
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 FIU ULMMiami, Fla.
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 North Texas TroyDenton, Texas
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 Troy FIUTroy, Ala.
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 Arkansas State Western KentuckyJonesboro, Ark.
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 Middle Tennessee North TexasMurfreesboro, Tenn.
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 Florida Atlantic LouisianaFort Lauderdale, Fla.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 Western Kentucky Middle TennesseeBowling Green, Ky.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 ULM North TexasMonroe, La.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 Louisiana FIULafayette, La.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 Troy Western KentuckyTroy, Ala.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 ULM LouisianaMonroe, La.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 FIU Arkansas StateMiami, Fla.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 Middle Tennessee Florida AtlanticMurfreesboro, Tenn.
    Saturday, December 04, 2010 FIU Middle TennesseeMiami, Fla.
    Saturday, December 04, 2010 Florida Atlantic TroyFort Lauderdale, Fla.

UL Football Re: Predict the final 2010 SBC Standings

Is it possible???

I just went through, to make a prediction on my own thread, a picked each of the SBC games and came up with 5 teams all tying with 3-5 SBC records at the end of the season!!! NO WAY!!!

I gotta redo this

Default Re: Predict the final 2010 SBC Standings

MTSU 8-0
    Troy 6-2 *FAU will beat Troy in upset!!!!!!
    UL 6-2
    Ark St 5-3 *Ark St. Beats FAU
    FAU 5-3
    North Texas 3-5
    ULM 2-6
    FIU 1-7
    WKU 0-8

4. Default Re: Predict the final 2010 SBC Standings

UL: 7 - 1
    Ark State: 6 - 2
    Troy: 6 - 2
    FAU: 5 - 3
    MTSU: 4 - 4
    North Texas: 3 - 5
    FIU: 3 - 5
    WKU: 2 - 6
    ULM: 0 - 8

Is FAU supposed to be decent? I keep coming up with them have 3 wins or less in the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Is FAU supposed to be decent? I keep coming up with them have 3 wins or less in the SBC.
    I'd still like to hear what you all think about FAU, ULM, and WKU for this season. I'm having so much trouble predecting the asnwer to my own question.

FAU has arguable one of the best coaching staffs in the Sun Belt and that is always a huge advantage when competing against rival conference foes. They lost their starting QB but has great skill positions. and Van Camp started the final 5 games of the owls season. Alfred Morris is a beast but it depends on how the offensive line will hold up. I expect them to have some high scoring affairs as they had a horrible defense last year avg. giving up 30 pts per game but they have alot of starters returning from that defense and im sure they have improved. ill say they will avg. 26 pts per game this year lol.

ULM has many offensive weapons to go to as well but lost some key linemen and it will be interesting to see. I expect them to start the season 1-4 with only beating SLU and losing to Arkansas, Auburn, Ark St. and FAU. Their defense lost alot of starters and also may end up being the worst in conference.

WKU Has a new Head coach that will have to gain a relationship with his team in order to be successful but they do also have a new Def Coordinator from kansas that can improve their DEF. Unfortunately on offense they may start a Freshman at QB that can hurt them this year as they focus on "the future" and have one of the toughest nonconference schedules vs Kentucky, Nebraska, Indiana, and South Florida. It doesnt look too bright for them this year as it will be a growing experience for the most part.

OK, here is my attempt at my own question. I have put the teams in order after tie breakers.

PlaceTeamW'sL's
    1Troy62
    2Louisiana62
    3Middle Tenn62
    4FIU53
    5FAU53
    6stAte44
    7UL Monroe26
    8Western Kentucky17
    9North Texas17
    TOTALS3636

Come on guys/gals.it is game week!!! Let's get pages and pages of final standing predictions here. Someone in the end may be almost dead on right or at least very close.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Come on guys/gals.it is game week!!! Let's get pages and pages of final standing predictions here. Someone in the end may be almost dead on right or at least very close. _
    I'll just ditto what you have, Andre. But, if we win the coveted "SBC Prediction" trophy, I will not steal any of your limelight.

_ I'd still like to hear what you all think about FAU, ULM, and WKU for this season. I'm having so much trouble predecting the asnwer to my own question. _

I believe you pose a good question. I think that FAU may be slightly underrated this season. They lost a ton of offensive skill players and one of the best QB's to play in the SBC ever but they return enough guys there to be very solid. They have an all conference RB and WR who while he didn't have a great statistical year, Lester Jean destroyed us here at Cajun Field and Van Camp is solid at QB. They still look to be a bit shaky on defense and currently have one of the more overrated players on that unit in CB Tavious Polo. He and Gator were both mentioned before Bentley or Auriene for all conference honors this year and I think both will be better.

ULM may be underrated a bit as well. I'm not sure how good their defense will be and they lost just about all of their WR's who had an impact last year but they have an interesting QB situation and good running back.

WKU will likely struggle one more year but they got one of the better recruits in the SBC this year in their QB recruit Brandon Doughty. He is likely going to beat out Jakes for the start so he will likely struggle for a while but is talented. They played a lot of teams close last year, including us, and I think they may be able to translate a couple of those into wins this year. They do have a coaching change and that is always curious but I think they will be fairly tough.

Where are my predictions??? Weenies!!!!! Let's see 'em.

igeaux.mobi

1. Troy
    2. Cajuns
    3. North Texas/MTSU tie
    4. FAU
    5. ASU
    6. FIU
    7. WKU

I felt that MTSU would take a step back even before the Dasher issues. I think they will be a solid team but I'm unsure that they can play at the level of last year. They lost some good players and don't seem to have replaced them with the same level of player or better. Plus, they were on one of those runs where they were just playing so well as a group. That is hard to duplicate.

Troy is still the most talented team in the league and has the best WR's by far, even with Josh Jarboe being dismissed.

Cajuns are set up to be the sleeper. Nobody is talking about us even though we return the most starters and our entire offense is intact and will be back next year also. Our defense has the most depth and talent on the DL that we may have had in a long time and we may have the best group of LB's and CB's in the league. If the running backs can make plays and the DL can sack the QB, we can easily win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ 1. Troy
    2. Cajuns
    3. North Texas/MTSU tie
    4. FAU
    5. ASU
    6. FIU
    7. WKU

I felt that MTSU would take a step back even before the Dasher issues. I think they will be a solid team but I'm unsure that they can play at the level of last year. They lost some good players and don't seem to have replaced them with the same level of player or better. Plus, they were on one of those runs where they were just playing so well as a group. That is hard to duplicate.

Troy is still the most talented team in the league and has the best WR's by far, even with Josh Jarboe being dismissed.

Cajuns are set up to be the sleeper. Nobody is talking about us even though we return the most starters and our entire offense is intact and will be back next year also. Our defense has the most depth and talent on the DL that we may have had in a long time and we may have the best group of LB's and CB's in the league. If the running backs can make plays and the DL can sack the QB, we can easily win this thing. _
    and ULM no longer exist lol

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    and ULM no longer exist lol
    we could only hope!

If he would have gone through and picked each game as instructed he would have a record for each team and to be sure have 36 wins and 36 losses.

I think he should have to go back and redo it game by game like we did.

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information