Thread: Top 40 moments in Cajun Field history

1. UL Football Top 40 moments in Cajun Field history

To commemorate UL's 40th anniversary at Cajun Field, the school and a selected panel of long-time, local media have compiled a list of the top 40 moments in the stadium.

UL's athletic department now wants the Cajun fans to rank those moments. The full list of those rankings are on Page 2D of today's sports section. Send your rankings to CajunFieldTop40@gmail.com or fax them to 337-482-6529 before Aug. 20 to be included in the process.

The rest of the story

2. Default Re: Top 40 moments in Cajun Field history

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    11/1/08 — Fenroy is 4x1,000-yard rusher, 1000th game and Sun Belt-record 29,031 there, UL 49, FIU 20
    I really think this was the greatest moment in the history of "The Swamp". You can't write a script in which a player goes over 1000 yards for the 4th time/season in a row in the 1000th game at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    10/18/08 — Backup QB Brad McGuire leads rally from 23-14 down in final 4:16, UL 28, Arkansas State 23
    Going into 2009 I felt the same way about Brad McGuire's situation as I did about Jake Delhomme when Haslett was hired by the Saints. Delhomme provided plenty of sparks in a 31-24 upset of playoff bound Dallas year before and played Carolina by himself rushing for 68 yards when Ricky Williams could only muster a dozen or so. Still Jake was totally ignored as a potential starter the next season.

There is no doubt that even with the severely limited opportunities given, Brad has "it" and can rally a team as noted by his being nominated for one of the top 40 moments in Cajun Field history.

Even last year when inserted into a hopeless situation he produced a 91 yard touchdown.

I had hoped he would get a chance in college like Jake did.

Still I have nothing against Masson and think he will do better this year as I think he will have caught up to the speed of the game and hope he can produce a top-40 moment.

Thread Information