Thread: Final Sunbelt standings at seasons end

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Final Sunbelt standings at seasons end

I don't see any way that Troy and MTSU won't finish 1-2 in the conference this year. I think Ark St will finish 3rd. I think that the biggest surprise in the conference this year will be North Texas. I think they finish 4th. I think UL will finish 5th.

Default Re: Final Sunbelt standings at seasons end

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I don't see any way that Troy and MTSU won't finish 1-2 in the conference this year. I think Ark St will finish 3rd. I think that the biggest surprise in the conference this year will be North Texas. I think they finish 4th. I think UL will finish 5th. _
    Whats your rationale behind UNT finishing 5th?

This is so COOL Re: Final Sunbelt standings at seasons end

You are thinking to much.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Whats your rationale behind UNT finishing 5th? _
    I just think that their program is due to get things turned around. With as many students and alumni as they have, they really are a sleeping giant. Maybe I'm jumping the gun thinking they'll be better this year. I do think that when they move into their new football stadium, complete with state of the art scoreboard, jumbo-tron, and luxury suites, they'll be on par with TCU and SMU as far as facilities go. Once they are recruiting the DFW area on a level playing field against those guys, look out for North Texas.

_ I don't see any way that Troy and MTSU won't finish 1-2 in the conference this year. I think Ark St will finish 3rd. I think that the biggest surprise in the conference this year will be North Texas. I think they finish 4th. I think UL will finish 5th. _

I agree that UNT will likely be the most improved team this year. That, of course, is outside of injuries and distractions that can cripple a team. However, I think that MTSU is overrated albeit in a good position. Last year was the first time that they actually lived up to any expectations whatsoever and really, nobody knew what to expect from Dasher after his bad sophomore year. They have a bad track record of living up to high standards and I think they will stumble a bit in conference this year. I think the cajuns will be in a great position to take them out as we get two weeks to prep for them after the Arkansas State game.

Also, I think that ASU will have some major holes to fill and I'm not sure they can do it. Their defense lost some serious players from last year and they lost Leonard and Arnould to go along with their primary receiving threats. I see them more in the middle of the pack. I think the Cajuns are in a good position to possibly surprise some people this year.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Final SBC standings? Sure, this year's easy to figure out. but can you tell me how the 2026 season will end?

Oh. and I refuse to share which game this year we're going to score 14 with under 5:23 left in the game to take a 1pt win. I'll only let you in on this. it will be considered one of our biggest upsets to date. It will start with a punt block for TD. but you will simply have to stay tuned to see how it ends. "You da man Richie!"

I hate knowing everything in advance. I envy you people who have to wait until it happens.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Final Sunbelt standings at seasons end

_ I just think that their program is due to get things turned around. With as many students and alumni as they have, they really are a sleeping giant. Maybe I'm jumping the gun thinking they'll be better this year. I do think that when they move into their new football stadium, complete with state of the art scoreboard, jumbo-tron, and luxury suites, they'll be on par with TCU and SMU as far as facilities go. Once they are recruiting the DFW area on a level playing field against those guys, look out for North Texas. _
    so, you don't have any rational basis for your prediction. just a bunch of gut hunches. it is sad that your gut doesn't give the nod to the cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ so, you don't have any rational basis for your prediction. just a bunch of gut hunches. it is sad that your gut doesn't give the nod to the cajuns. _
    Picking Troy and MTSU was a no brainer. Everyone has them picked to repeat at 1 and 2. I'm thinking that the Cajun's out of conference games will be very physical contests. Injuries might very well end up playing a big part in the Cajuns won/loss record before it is over. I hope the Cajuns win the championship, I just don't think we're there yet. For whatever its worth, I don't think there will be a whole lot of separation between #3 through #6 in the conference this year.

Thread Information