Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'The Great Food Truck Race' launches with Louisiana flavor on wheels

Default Ragin Cajun Food Truck

In case anyone is interested in watching. I think I know who already won, but will have to watch to find out!

Food Trucks “Race” to Conquer The Hottest New Trend
    Posted in general on July 13th, 2010 by Cajun

FOOD TRUCKS ‘RACE’ TO CONQUER THE HOTTEST NEW TREND

Tyler Florence Hosts Cross-Country Culinary Journey in ‘The Great Food Truck Race’ Premieres: Sunday, August 15th at 10PM; Post-Premiere Timeslot: Sundays at 9PM NEW YORK – JULY 12, 2010 – Amazing chefs across the country are leaving traditional restaurants behind and hitting the streets in mobile kitchens serving some of the most unique and delicious dishes ever tasted. Food Network’s new primetime series, The Great Food Truck Race, features seven such gourmet food trucks as they embark on an epic coast-to-coast culinary road trip to convince Americans to step outside their culinary comfort zones and try something new – from a truck. Tyler Florence hosts this six-episode competition premiering Sunday, August 15th at 10pm ET/PT; the series resumes in its regular timeslot of Sundays at 9pm ET/PT on August 22nd. From out-of-the-box sandwiches, burgers, and crepes to unique takes on Vietnamese, French, and Cajun cuisines, the trucks compete in weekly challenges to see who can sell the most food and race to the next episode while the losing team drives home. The last truck standing wins a $50,000 grand prize.

“Not only does the series focus on a hot new culinary trend, but the drama of the competition pushes these teams’ cooking skills, business savvy and relationships to their limit,” said General Manager/Senior Vice President Programming, Bob Tuschman.

The seven trucks include: Austin Daily Press (Austin, Texas), Crepes Bonaparte (Fullerton, Calif.), Grill ‘Em All (Los Angeles, Calif.), Nana Queens (Culver City, Calif.), Nom Nom Truck (Los Angeles, Calif.), Ragin’ Cajun (Hermosa Beach, Calif.), and Spencer on the Go (San Francisco, Calif.). In the premiere, the teams meet Tyler in Los Angeles, the center of the food truck revolution, and the race begins with the teams’ first game-changing twist known in each episode as the Truck Stop challenge: Instead of starting in Los Angeles, the race commences in San Diego. To even the playing field, the teams begin with empty trucks and an equal amount of seed money. They have three days to prepare, promote and sell their food by any means necessary. After a weekend of triumphs, teamwork, and tests of character, the totals are tallied and the trucks find out who continues the great race and who goes home. New twists and turns arise as the race continues through Santa Fe, N.M.; Ft. Worth, Texas; New Orleans; Jonesborough, Tenn., and concludes as the final two trucks race to the finish line with through the hungry streets of New York City’s five boroughs. Guest chefs throughout the season include: Tim Love, Jacques Leonardi, Eric DiStefano and Nate Appleman. The Great Food Truck Race is produced by RelativityREAL,

Default Re: Ragin Cajun Food Truck

Well, you have to give us some sort of coded clue so we know that you really knew :-)

Like I said , I think I know. I was out in California in mid-July and went by Stephen's place. By his enthusiasm and body language, it's just a guess. He couldn't actually say who won, don't believe I would either with $50k at stake. BTW, tasted some of the food he had on the truck, and it would definitely be tough to beat. Would be great for tailgating! Besides, everyone loves authentic Cajun Food! I'll just say, Geaux Cajuns!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by abitacajn View Post
    _ Like I said , I think I know. I was out in California in mid-July and went by Stephen's place. By his enthusiasm and body language, it's just a guess. He couldn't actually say who won, don't believe I would either with $50k at stake. BTW, tasted some of the food he had on the truck, and it would definitely be tough to beat. Would be great for tailgating! Besides, everyone loves authentic Cajun Food! I'll just say, Geaux Cajuns! _
    has he found a new place to set up shop???

According to Stephen he has been offered numerous places to relocate. He is looking at a space in a new shopping center on Sepulvada Blvd in El Segundo, directly across from Chevron Refinery. There is a Starbucks coffee shop next door to space he is looking at. He is already talking about serving Beignets on Saturday and Sunday mornings to take advantage of the Starbucks coffee crowd. Also may have enough space in new location to include a dance floor for Cajun dancing!
    Sounds like he might come out of this situation in good shape.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by abitacajn View Post
    _ According to Stephen he has been offered numerous places to relocate. He is looking at a space in a new shopping center on Sepulvada Blvd in El Segundo, directly across from Chevron Refinery. There is a Starbucks coffee shop next door to space he is looking at. He is already talking about serving Beignets on Saturday and Sunday mornings to take advantage of the Starbucks coffee crowd. Also may have enough space in new location to include a dance floor for Cajun dancing!
    Sounds like he might come out of this situation in good shape. _
    Great news! Thanks.

See picture of Stephen's Food Truck in attachment. Love the Geaux Cajuns Signs!
    https://forumeus.com/at.1&d=1281081920

Attached Images Attached Images  

Keep us updated. I'll be in San Diego in April. We're definitely gonna check out the new restaurant location.

I definitely love the Geaux Cajuns signs in the windows.

10. Default adam carolla podcast - ragin cajun

I'm a fairly regular Adam Carolla podcast listener and of course couldn't miss the show where he's interviewing Peter North (you all know him don't lie). Just so happens there's also an interview of a Stephen Domingue from Lafayette who is running a restaurant named Ragin Cajun in Hermosa Beach California. He's pimpin the food network's food truck reality show. It's on Sunday. Could be interesting. I don't know the guy btw.

-BigCas

11. Default Re: adam carolla podcast - ragin cajun

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: adam carolla podcast - ragin cajun

Quote Originally Posted by BigCas View Post
    _ I'm a fairly regular Adam Carolla podcast listener and of course couldn't miss the show where he's interviewing Peter North (you all know him don't lie). Just so happens there's also an interview of a Stephen Domingue from Lafayette who is running a restaurant named Ragin Cajun in Hermosa Beach California. He's pimpin the food network's food truck reality show. It's on Sunday. Could be interesting. I don't know the guy btw.

-BigCas _

Uuuhhh, never heard of this North fella but the Stephen Domingue you speak of is a proud LHS graduate!! His brother Paul owned the Par 3 Links of Lafayette out on E Broussard Rd a few years back.andI believe he has/ had a niece that played soccer at UL

The Domingues are goooood people

I remember reading an article concerning Mr. Domingue's lease being terminated by the owner so the owner's overprivileged son could open a sports bar in that prime location. I seem to recall the locals not being too pleased with the decision. Hopefully the restaurant has found a new home that can continue to please the masses. Almost like Peter used to.

My uncle Joey Quebedeaux is the guy who is with Stephen "Cuz" Domingue on The Great Food Truck Race. I got a chance to talk to him about it last night. He said it was an experience he will never forget. The show comes on at 9 PM sunday night on the Food Network. My uncle is actually on a plane right now to join stephen for the premiere tomorrow night. Can't wait to watch this show. If I know my Uncle Joey and Cuz, they maybe picked up for a Food Network show just based on this first episode.

15. Default 'The Great Food Truck Race' launches with Louisiana flavor on wheels

The boss of the Ragin’ Cajun truck, Stephen Domingue, migrated from Lafayette to southern California nearly two decades ago.

“I came here with nothing, and I opened April Fool’s Day 1992,” Domingue said during a recent telephone interview. “Four tables. Big.”

His place, The Ragin’ Cajun Café, made its mark with recipes from Domingue’s “mama’s mama’s mama,” he said, and eventually expanded to 16 tables and then to 32.

The rest of the Story

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information