Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Football scrimmage report, Aug. 14

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Football scrimmage report, Aug. 14

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, that's the million dollar question. I know that Gerald B is highly regarded but you're right, our lack of production from the DL in recent memory concerns me. That's why I sort of questioned whether this defense will be better than last year's and the success of this defense will definitely depend on what the DL does this year in terms of sacks and run stopping in the middle. Hall Davis may have made Ciron Black look bad last year but this interior part of the defense also gave up monstrous yards to Alfred Morris, Sean Southward and Lance Dunbar. We stuffed LSU the entire first half and played really well but then just looked terrible against FAU and the other teams I mentioned. We need much more consistency. _

Has Gerald B ever coached the D Line prior to coming to UL? To my knowledge, he has always been an Offensive player and coach. Could that be our problem? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Has Gerald B ever coached the D Line prior to coming to UL? To my knowledge, he has always been an Offensive player and coach. Could that be our problem? Just asking. _

Not sure to be honest. I always thought he was a DL coach. I would love to see Chris Gannon come in during the summer and work with these guys, especially the DE's. I wonder if he'd be willing to work with them.

Not sure to be honest. I always thought he was a DL coach. I would love to see Chris Gannon come in during the summer and work with these guys, especially the DE's. I wonder if he'd be willing to work with them.
    Looking back at his profile, Broussard had never worked as a defensive position coach.

_ Not sure to be honest. I always thought he was a DL coach. I would love to see Chris Gannon come in during the summer and work with these guys, especially the DE's. I wonder if he'd be willing to work with them. _
    Coach Fou has worked with the DE's more this year, then Broussard. Bernard Smith and Chris Tucker are his recruits and he has been working with the DE's since spring. Second thing to remember is quality interior DL is the hardest position to recruit, because guys with size and quickness usually play in BCS programs. This is why Troy has recruited JC's DL and gets transfers from BCS programs. Otherwise, we have to get kids that will take time to develop, like Rogers, Emeka, McCoy, Green,etc. The difference now is RB is willing to take on a few transfers, JC or others. That is the only way to improve your interior line talent quickly, otherwise it is a development process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information