Thread: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Football practice report, Aug. 13

Default Ragin' Cajun Blog: Football practice report, Aug. 13

My blog with Friday's football practice report:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Football practice report, Aug. 13

Hey JP, nice blog. I'm curious about two names that you mentioned. Those are Rodney Gillis and Justin Anderson. You stated that they were both being held out due to knees. I'm assuming that Anderson is still recovering from that nasty broken leg he suffered in the spring which is the Knee issue you mention and is Rodney Gillis having trouble with the same knee that he tore up last year? Is it related to that injury or maybe just some tendinitis? I'm curious because Gillis will be very important for us to provide quality depth and would be a blow to lose him for any time. Last year, he was running neck and neck with Bentley and Aurienne before he tore up his knee.

It's my understanding that both are dealing with tendinitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    It's my understanding that both are dealing with tendinitis.
    Then that is very god news. Much easier to treat than some of the issues we've had in the past.

igeaux.mobi

It does not sound like any of the health issues with the starters out for the scrimmage are serious.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ It's my understanding that both are dealing with tendinitis. _

So, has Anderson recovered from surgery on the leg then if he's got tendinitis? If so, I haven't heard his name called much so far this camp, will he be staying at DE or moved to LB?

He is at defensive end. Been in a green jersey (limited contact) all during camp. Not sure if he's fully recovered because he hasn't been involved much in the workouts.

I read your original post on my phone right before walking out the door for the scrimmage. Both Gillis and Anderson suffered bad injuries in past. Not totally clear on whether their absence was due to old or new issue.

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information