Thread: ESPN Magazine Mention

Default ESPN Magazine Mention

In the new ESPN Magazine, they wrote an article about players coming out of tunnels, traditions before the game, etc. As a side note, they asked a sampling of players in each conference to spill the beans as to which rival has the most intimidating tunnel. UL made the cut.

Sun Belt: Louisiana 41.7% of the vote
    "I hate going out that tunnel. They have some horrible, horrible fans. It's a good thing for them, though."

Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5452951

Default Re: ESPN Magazine Mention

haha nice

Horrible fans? That's news to me. Especially while coming out of the tunnel. Its nothing but a big hayfield around the tunnel so there's nobody but little kids standing around the perimeter to give them an earful.

It's those pecky kids! First, they run into the flower beds and now they scare the opposing teams! Those horrible kids!

I guess I need to lay off the whiskey.

I hit most of those stadiums last year, and calling UL's tunnel intimidating is silly.However, the student section behind the visiting team is easily one of the most uncomfortable experiences I can recall.

I remember students mercilessly tearing into a lineman from FIU so badly he forced to smile in admiration. Then there was a game a couple of years ago, and after Desormeaux's 10th interception, the UTEP players turned on the students, and began returning the admiration. I honestly thought S*%T was about to get real that night.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ I hit most of those stadiums last year, and calling UL's tunnel intimidating is silly.However, the student section behind the visiting team is easily one of the most uncomfortable experiences I can recall.

I remember students mercilessly tearing into a lineman from FIU so badly he forced to smile in admiration. Then there was a game a couple of years ago, and after Desormeaux's 10th interception, the UTEP players turned on the students, and began returning the admiration. I honestly thought S*%T was about to get real that night. _
    After the UTEP game a big TE I think his name might have been Hunt came to my group of friends and told us how tough our student sections is. He mentioned the only one that was worse was Texas Tech and that was because they had thrown tortillas at them lol He shook our hand and we wished him luck the rest of the season. It was great times but my rail days are over.

Josh Jarboe wanted to meet me in the parking lot after the Troy game, I told him if he could spell parking lot that I would definitely be there.

On a side note, I hear Jarboe has been kicked off of Troy's team, didn't see that one coming.

I can't wait until Mike Gundy comes trotting by the rail on October 8. I have his whole 2007 post game rant memorized word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ I can't wait until Mike Gundy comes trotting by the rail on October 8. I have his whole 2007 post game rant memorized word for word. _

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ :-) _
    He's not lying he does know it word for word lol

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ I can't wait until Mike Gundy comes trotting by the rail on October 8. I have his whole 2007 post game rant memorized word for word. _
    The entire bottom row should have orange shirts on with visors to reenact the "I'm a Man, I'm 40!!!" spiel Gundy gave. Then destroy the orange shirts and visors in effigy.

12. Default Re: ESPN Magazine Mention

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ The entire bottom row should have orange shirts on with visors to reenact the "I'm a Man, I'm 40!!!" spiel Gundy gave. Then destroy the orange shirts and visors in effigy. _
    that has actually been discussed

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    _ that has actually been discussed _
    Make it happen man, I usually am not too far from those guys. Would love to see it.

UL Football Re: ESPN Magazine Mention

I'M A MAN, I'M 40!!!

Classic.

15. Default Re: ESPN Magazine Mention

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the RedZone has in store for the Pokes. Don't let me down boys, make the old Alumni proud

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information