Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pryer ready to begin UL career

1. Default Pryer ready to begin UL career

His wait is nearly over. Pryer, a redshirt sophomore defensive lineman, is expected to report for UL's preseason camp today with the rest of his new teammates. His first practice with the Ragin' Cajuns is set .

Default Re: Pryer ready to begin UL career

What a great signing we got here!

igeaux.mobi

Benay has been a joy to meet and deal with over the past year. He's appreciative of his opportunity to play for the Cajuns and is a combination of talent, confidence and personality.

igeaux.mobi

Josh do you know what made him choose us over those other schools because the list of schools he was considering was pretty impressive.

Josh, I know he hasn't played one down or attended one practice as a cajun but do you know if he's in line to get in the two deep rotation at either DE spot? I've heard he is a raw talent and needs some molding but I am uncertain if he received some of that refining in JC.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    Josh do you know what made him choose us over those other schools because the list of schools he was considering was pretty impressive.
    Back during the recruiting process, he told me that attending an in-state school was important to him. He also saw the depth chart at UL and believed that he could make a more immediate impact at this level.

Miami (Fla.) made a late recruiting push - one of his Kilgore Junior College teammates, tight end Chase Ford, signed with the 'Canes, so their coaches knew a lot about him - but the chance to play D1 football so close to home was too much to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Back during the recruiting process, he told me that attending an in-state school was important to him. He also saw the depth chart at UL and believed that he could make a more immediate impact at this level.

Miami (Fla.) made a late recruiting push - one of his Kilgore Junior College teammates, tight end Chase Ford, signed with the 'Canes, so their coaches knew a lot about him - but the chance to play D1 football so close to home was too much to pass up. _
    Thanks! sounds like a very big and good player. and we really need size on the D-line so this is a great signing

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Josh, I know he hasn't played one down or attended one practice as a cajun but do you know if he's in line to get in the two deep rotation at either DE spot? I've heard he is a raw talent and needs some molding but I am uncertain if he received some of that refining in JC.
    After sitting out as a redshirt at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College during his freshman season in 2008, Benay went to Kilgore Junior College after those coaches said he would get a chance to play defensive end. Instead the coaches moved him inside. (Defensive end Matt Jones was among the national leaders in tackles, sacks and tackles for loss.) Benay played through a nagging hip injury and still made 30 tackles. He is raw but has the potential to be an impact player.

Right now, the top two guys at rush end are Nate Douglas and Bernard Smith. Working behind Terrell Richardson at the hammer end spot are Emeka Onyenekwu, Tyrell Gaddies (will report, yet to hear whether he will be eligible) and Christopher Tucker.

9. Default Re: Pryer ready to begin UL career

Here's a fun prediction for ya:

Benay Pryer ends up being an All Sun Belt selection THIS YEAR.

My blog looking for your thoughts on Pryer, a possible defensive move:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lost in all this is the guy that actually recruited Pryer. He more than likely had a tiny hand in getting him here

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Lost in all this is the guy that actually recruited Pryer. He more than likely had a tiny hand in getting him here

Z _
    G-Man???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    G-Man???
    mais yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ My blog looking for your thoughts on Pryer, a possible defensive move:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest _
    My main question is with the D-Line. However, having physically imposing linemen is useless unless they incorporate the techniques being taught and the coordinators do a proper job of gameplanning and putting these guys in a position to do well. We need way more pressure from our front 4 in both the running and passing games to make any difference this year and I will take a wait and see approach as we've had guys like Hall Davis who were physically impressive but truly made little impact on most games.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ My main question is with the D-Line. However, having physically imposing linemen is useless unless they incorporate the techniques being taught and the coordinators do a proper job of gameplanning and putting these guys in a position to do well. We need way more pressure from our front 4 in both the running and passing games to make any difference this year and I will take a wait and see approach as we've had guys like Hall Davis who were physically impressive but truly made little impact on most games. _

I am curious to see what what size our linemen check-in at this year. When will UL publish the heights and weights of the players after their check-in and physicals today? UL appears to have some physically impressive D linemen this year for the anticipated 2 deep roster, at least on paper. That said, as you stated, physically impressive means nothing if they don't perform. It is clearly time for the D Line to dominate this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information