Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jerry Baldwin Saga: 1998-2020

Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    I did not start the rumor. His name has been mentioned in print, on tv and on radio, but thank you for putting my fears to rest. I sincerely hope you are correct.
    To start with, the qualifications will require a Ph.D. Coach is no Ph.D.

I expect the new broom to sweep clean.

Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _ You people need to remember stories such as this the next time you go vote.

One political party appoints judges who like cases like this.

One political party appoints judges who throw cases like this out of court.

I'll let y'all decide which is which. _
    our judiciary is elected; none of the third circuit judges are appointed.

3. UL Football Jerry Baldwin Suit

Former UL head football coach Jerry Baldwin’s lawsuit against the university will go to court Oct. 9 with discrimination charges that had been thrown out last year.

The discrimination claims had been thrown out by a summary judgment in 2006 but were reinstated earlier this month by a decision of the Louisiana 1st Circuit Court of Appeal.

The appeals court found a summary judgment should not have been applied to Baldwin’s claims of discrimination because he met his burden of proof.

“A motion for summary judgment is a procedural device used to avoid a full-scale trial when there is no genuine issue of material fact,” the court wrote.

The appeals court found Baldwin met his burden of proof in establishing grounds for possible discrimination and that UL also “came forth with seemingly legitimate and nondiscriminatory reasons” for Baldwin’s termination.

The rest of the story

Marsha Sills
    msills@theadvertiser.com

Default Do what I suggested with Baldwin

Don't buy out his contract keep him on the staff for the next coach. Demote him make him OC and let him redeem himself. Let him leave if he wants then we don't owe anything. Let him stay and you are talking a couple hundred thousand a year instead of a million to buy him out. Or move him to Martin Hall like we did Nelson, they could share an office.

Default Re: Do what I suggested with Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ Don't buy out his contract keep him on the staff for the next coach. Demote him make him OC and let him redeem himself. Let him leave if he wants then we don't owe anything. Let him stay and you are talking a couple hundred thousand a year instead of a million to buy him out. Or move him to Martin Hall like we did Nelson, they could share an office. _
    I don't know all the ins and outs of his contract but I would think that any change in his status would have to be negotated and agreed to by him or else you have to pay him out. I believe the contract calls for him to be head coach and anything other than that would require a buyout or a renegotiated contract.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Do what I suggested with Baldwin

You are correct Hammer. The only option is a buy out. That is not going to happen right now. We are in for a long haul and if you choose to read and/or post on here, there is going to be a lot of negativity over that subject. It is deserving.

UL Football Remember the Baldwin Years . . . .

I wonder what this forum would've been like during the Baldwin years........

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns look to get tight end involved in offense

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    I wonder what this forum would've been like during the Baldwin years........
    It got really brutal in the waining months, weeks, and days....

Z

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns look to get tight end involved in offense

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308 View Post
    _ I wonder what this forum would've been like during the Baldwin years........ _
    Toothpick anyone?

Default Re: Remember the Baldwin Years . . . .

Baldwin? Who dat? Might you be referring to one of those multi-talented Baldwin Brothers..Alec maybe? I don't remember no Baldwin! Wilson maybe, Spalding for sure, but Baldwin?

I have no idea of whom you speak.

11. Default Re: Jerry Baldwin Suit October 9th

Not in the news, case must have been thown out.

Default Re: Jerry Baldwin Suit October 9th

Baldwin was an incompetent coach who deserved not only to be fired, but should have been tarred and feathered, then run out of town on a rail. But... the fact is: DISCRIMINATION WAS THE REASON HE WAS FIRED!!!!

PS. We DISCRIMINATE against idiots who run our football program into the ground and who could not out coach a Pop Warner, Peewee, breifcase totin', "my son is a future pro", powderpuff, flag football assistant coach.

PSS. I think Baldwin was a mistake - good riddance... Sue me too if you have a pair, dillweed!

PSSS. Sorry, sane people, I haven't taken my lithium and i am just a little tense...I have been talking like "The Spleen" from "Mystery Men" all day!

Peace.

Default Re: Jerry Baldwin Suit October 9th

This guy cannot be serious! Baldwin must not have any good friends to tell him that he wasn't fired for his race, he was fired because he couldn't win a college football game. I would like to see this "evidence" that they have of discrimination. All the defense needs is a copy of the mans win to loss ratio and a list of the "players" he brought to UL. Case Closed. Ride off into the sunset Baldwin.

UL Football Re: Jerry Baldwin Suit October 9th

Remember this guy?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from RC Slocum)• Interested in contributing to Wikipedia? •Jump to: navigation, search
    R. C. Slocum
    Title Head coach (retired)
    Sport American football
    Career highlights
    Overall 123-47-2
    Bowls 3-8
    Coaching stats
    College Football DataWarehouse
    Championships
    Big 12 Championship (1998)
    Big 12 South Division Championship (1997, 1998)
    Southwest Conference Championship (1991, 1992, 1993)
    School as a player
    Coaching positions
    1970-1971
    1972-1980
    1982-1988
    1989-2002 Kansas State (asst.)
    Texas A&M (asst.)
    USC (asst.)
    Texas A&M (asst.)
    Texas A&M
    Richard Copeland Slocum, better known as R.C. Slocum, was the head football coach at Texas A&M University from 1989 until 2002. He is the winningest coach in Texas A&M football history.

They say retired but if my memory serves me right he was asked to step down in a rather firm matter of fact way.
    He was releived of his football coaching duties because he was not winning as much as Texas A&M fans and administration liked, right around the same day as Baldwin was released because he had not won but a single hand full of games in three seasons and was also felt it was NOT his job to help put butts in the seats of Cajun Field!

Winningest coach in History---RC Slocum, Texas A&M
    Lossingest coach in History----Jerry Baldwin, University of Louisiana

DaddyCajun

15. Default Jury selection begins

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Jury selection is under way in Baton Rouge in the civil trial of a former Louisiana-Lafayette football coach who accused the university of firing him because he's black.

Jerry Baldwin was fired in 2001. He filed a lawsuit against the school the following year.

A jury could begin hearing the case possibly by the end of the week.

The rest of the story

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information