Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jerry Baldwin Saga: 1998-2020

Default Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How many of these appel or Sup CT judges are LSUers???? Maybe I should have stayed in Law school and gotten the LSU bball coach to file a suit that talked about the pressure to resign because he was white and coached a mostly black bball team!!!!! What a joke!!!!
    It sends a message that if you don't have a lot of money, go through the motions of hiring minority candidates but don't hire the minority candidate lest you risk a lawsuit for racism.

Nice going Jerry B., you idiot!

Before we make this an "LSU thing"... I want to remind everyone that Baldwin was hired... then fired... by the University of Louisiana System (i.e. the state of Louisiana), which means that any monies paid out are paid out of state funds.

That still doesn't mean that I want a piece of crud like Baldwin to get a DIME!

3. Default Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ From the state bar judicial interest rate calculator

http://www.lsba.org/newintcalc.htm

08/19/2007 - 12/31/2007 $ 70,273.97(135 days @ $520.55/daily @ 9.500%/year)
    01/01/2008 - 04/01/2008 $ 42,732.24(92 days @ $464.48/daily @ 8.500%/year)

For a total of $ 113,006.21 _
    I believe you're wrong on the calculation. Legal interest runs from the date of judicial demand; not from the date of the entry of the judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V. View Post
    _ I believe you're wrong on the calculation. Legal interest runs from the date of judicial demand; not from the date of the entry of the judgment. _
    Hum? Against the State?

5. Default Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

I'm not aware of any special law applicable to the calculation of legal interest in a judgment rendered against the state.

I am aware no judgment against the state (including interest) can be enforced unless sovereign immunity is waived. Generally speaking, although I admit this isn't my area of practice, judgments against the state are satisfied by way of special legislative appropriations

6. Default Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Law dork coming through...

La. R.S. 13:5112. Suits against the state or political subdivision; court costs; interest
    C. Legal interest on any claim for personal injury or wrongful death shall accrue at six percent per annum from the date service is requested following judicial demand until the judgment thereon is signed by the trial judge in accordance with Code of Civil Procedure Article 1911. Legal interest accruing subsequent to the signing of the judgment shall be at the rate fixed by R.S. 9:3500.

7. Ragin' Cajuns Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Did anyone see the story on KATC? They mentioned that Baldwin has now won three times in court against UL, which is half of the wins he accumulated as head coach of the football team in three seasons. I thought that was pretty darn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V. View Post
    _ I believe you're wrong on the calculation. Legal interest runs from the date of judicial demand; not from the date of the entry of the judgment. _
    Hey, I thinks its neat when even a McNeese fan can chip in and help the Cajuns involving a discussion to beat back that idiot Baldwin.

Thanks... Cowboy!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Before we make this an "LSU thing"... I want to remind everyone that Baldwin was hired... then fired... by the University of Louisiana System (i.e. the state of Louisiana), which means that any monies paid out are paid out of state funds.

That still doesn't mean that I want a piece of crud like Baldwin to get a DIME! _
    Not to mention that the Trial Judge, who is black and an LSU law grad, threw the case out initially on a summary judgment (that ruling got reversed on appeal so it went back to the trial court for a trial).

NCAA Re: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ How many of these appel or Sup CT judges are LSUers???? Maybe I should have stayed in Law school and gotten the LSU bball coach to file a suit that talked about the pressure to resign because he was white and coached a mostly black bball team!!!!! What a joke!!!! _
    Atta boy bummer! Way to show your true colors. This school has no sense of direction and enough of an image problem without clowns like you spouting off your stupidity on a daily basis. Some of you people just cannot help yourselves and get over your envy and hatred of that school to the east!!!! Just come out and say what you really want to say about baldwin. We all know what that is.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cayenethepepper View Post
    Just come out and say what you really want to say about baldwin. We all know what that is. _
    Who's we? you may have your own opinion, and if you do, please let us know what that is. I think he's a bad coach, who doesn't know how to take responsibility for his own actions. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by cayenethepepper View Post
    _ Atta boy bummer! Way to show your true colors. This school has no sense of direction and enough of an image problem without clowns like you spouting off your stupidity on a daily basis. Some of you people just cannot help yourselves and get over your envy and hatred of that school to the east!!!! Just come out and say what you really want to say about baldwin. We all know what that is. _
    Dude you are an idiot. What Boomer is saying is that a white guy could not win a racial suit if he was fired. Baldwin was fired for losing period. I did play for Baldwin and he was a racist IMO and he played favorites as well. I chose to focus on track instead of football at that point. We as society would be better off if everyone would quit looking at color and blaming ones ethnic background for the reason one succeeds or fails. Baldwin FAILED period. I mean come on guy we were the only 1A school in America with two minority head coaches but we lose a racial lawsuit. We were also the first school in the country to offer black athletes scholarships. Get the ____ out of here you piece of ____.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Dude you are an idiot. ... Get the ____ out of here you piece of ____. _

Pepperboy I is wanna be. Never went to refineryville but dislikes the cajuns and lives here. Serious Kool-aid drinker.

Call in show expert who knows squat.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Not an April Fools Joke: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

Boomer may have misfired on the LSU connection... although, I am constantly reminded that LSU "owns" this state... is it time to tag them with complete responsibility... or just athletic national championships... hummm?

But, as for trying to call out Boomer as a racist... that's classless. Baldwin has made this a race thing... which it was not. Premise: He was hired with fairly clear indications that he was a black man. Conclusion: He was not fired therefore because he was a black man, nor denied equal opportunity to succeed due to race. I believe the university had as much to gain or lose from his success or lack thereof than Baldwin. They would not intentionally deny him. The UL administration should go on record showing how inept they are at anything in football management, and that would clearly demonstrate a lack of intelligence, not an intent to do harm. He and every coach in UL football history should be given a letter, not money, that apologizes for how poorly football has been managed by all former UL administrators.

I do believe the state is being represented poorly. I have no law credentials, but would have achieved getting this thrown out on its initial voyage and any and every appeal to follow. They could not throw a pitch at me on this deal that would not simply be the precursor to measuring for record bat/ball impacts. The UL legal team can easily prove that UL has never done right by football and therefore should not ever be held to any standard higher than Baldwin could achieve. They simply terminated him because they were as clueless as to what to do as Baldwin was as a football coach.

Baldwin has no right whatsoever in gaining financially from this pathetic affair. I would like to see a judgement that does not go in favor of Baldwin, but clearly goes on record stating that UL has never properly managed the football program. The state and the prior UL admin are only guilty of being poor sponsors of UL football... but not being racist.

I also think last year's 3-9 record is proof that it doesn't matter what the color of your skin is... the peak of success is currently .500 or thereabout and the norm is somewhere below that. We will achieve nothing more until the management does something... I mean everything... about it... unbridled private funding... with benefits.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Not an April Fools Joke: The ongoing Jerry Baldwin Saga

*slow clap*

I regretfully agree with your post 100%. We as fans can only hope that a change in management will change our fate.

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information