Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Jerry Baldwin Saga: 1998-2020

Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ At what point does some judge throw this guy on his ass and tells him to quit blaming someone else for his inadequecies? At the point when people realize that we have hired two black coaches since he was fired, proving that it had nothing to do with his race, or when they realize he won 6 games in 3 years. The way i see it, his job was to win games. he didn't do it, and therefore "violated" his contract. What an ass. _
    Yup he got fired cause he was black not because he only won 6 games lol what a joke

You people need to remember stories such as this the next time you go vote.

One political party appoints judges who like cases like this.

One political party appoints judges who throw cases like this out of court.

I'll let y'all decide which is which.

3. Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    _ "Baldwin also claims.cut the football equipment budget and took $25,000 donated to the football program to use for other purposes in the athletic department."

How much money did the program lose because Baldwin didn't care about putting fans in the stands? _
    How many fans were at the last game when a bowl invite was possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn
    _ How many fans were at the last game when a bowl invite was possible? _
    More then he averaged the whole time under his tenure!

5. Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    _ More then he averaged the whole time under his tenure! _
    The answer is 10,000 scanned.

How much money has the program lost because Bustle can't put fans in the stands 5 yrs after the firing of Balwin because he couldn't put fans in the stands?

The problem might not be with Balwin or Bustle. The problem might be with the people living in and around Lafayette and Cajun Alums. Maybe they don't care.

6. Default Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

The answer is 10,000 scanned.

How much money has the program lost because Bustle can't put fans in the stands 5 yrs after the firing of Balwin because he couldn't put fans in the stands?

The problem might not be with Balwin or Bustle. The problem might be with the people living in and around Lafayette and Cajun Alums. Maybe they don't care.
    The problem could be poor marketing as well.

_ The answer is 10,000 scanned.

The problem might not be with Balwin or Bustle. The problem might be with the people living in and around Lafayette and Cajun Alums. Maybe they don't care. _
    The program hasn't stopped losing money for years. Winning games cures those problems. Baldwin couldn't beat N. Alabama, Bustle has at least done better in that arena. Bottomline, if he doesn't change the results, the attendance won't change either.

UL Football Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

_ How many fans were at the last game when a bowl invite was possible? _
    Matters not, as it is more important where the program is now as to where is was when Baldwin was fired, and where it WAS going and where it IS going NOW!!!

The overall attendance is certainly up from when JB was at UL. There was only "3" big donors involved with UL football at the end of JB's coaching career at UL. Now there are hundreds of big backers compared to 3!!! The growth of this Football program is light years from when JB was there and to tell you the truth I am glad he is gone as he was single handedly destroying something near and dear to me!!!

No comparison between now and then, BigJohn, no comparison. If you were a kid and dependent on a person to lead you and provide for you who would you want bringinging in the bacon???

DaddyCajun

The problem might not be with Balwin or Bustle. The problem might be with the people living in and around Lafayette and Cajun Alums. Maybe they don't care. _
    If 10000 scanned, then there were 10000 more than Baldwins last game, becasue of the paids that did not show. The damage Baldwin did will take 5 more years to rectify into another generatin of building interest in young people who will be dragging their daddies, who quit going under Tooth-Baldy-pick, back to the games. The guy was a loser whose budget was cut when he doidn't put butts in the seats by winning some games.

The problem just announced his resignation.

11. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: The Jerry Baldwin story

Baldwin was fired because he was a bad coach with a losing record. The fact that he publicly rejected the notion that the head coach has anything to do with putting fans in the stands was just another example of his failure to comprehend what his job was.

In the end a head coaches only job is putting fans in the stands. Bustle has proven he understands this.

Your put fans in the stands in many ways, some come to mind.

1: Win often over a significant number of seasons. Baldwin never approached this, Bustle has turned the corner.
    2: Be willing to court the public. Baldwin ran from this Ricky Bustle has embraced this.
    3: Court the people who provide money for the program. Again Baldwin a miserable failure, and Bustle very good.

Ricky Bustle is no longer in a honeymoon. He needs to finish strong every year in the conference and get to the New Orleans Bowl soon. He knows this, everyone knows this.

Jerry Baldwin, the great failure has never been offered another job in college coaching. No not a single high paying job that he could turn his supposed recruiting asset into income. I never bashed Jerry, and I don't think we should be doing so now. At the same time he was fired for valid reasons, and I hope he can move on. He was paid for the unused portion of his contract, he really has no beef.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    _ The problem just announced his resignation. _

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!!!!!
    We have a winner!!!!!!!!

Let's hope we don't get an even bigger problem to replace the one that is leaving.

I have been hearing Raymond Blanco is a possible candidate. If there was anybody worse than the previous regime, he would be it. If he does become the new president, I promise that I will no longer support this University in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    _ Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!!!!!
    We have a winner!!!!!!!!

Let's hope we don't get an even bigger problem to replace the one that is leaving.

I have been hearing Raymond Blanco is a possible candidate. If there was anybody worse than the previous regime, he would be it. If he does become the new president, I promise that I will no longer support this University in any way shape or form. _
    I love the way rumors get started. Raymond is not a candidate.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ I love the way rumors get started. Raymond is not a candidate. _
    You are correct. Please help end that stupidity now. Raymond lacks the very basic credentials. . not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    _ I love the way rumors get started. Raymond is not a candidate. _
    I did not start the rumor. His name has been mentioned in print, on tv and on radio, but thank you for putting my fears to rest. I sincerely hope you are correct.

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information