Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: The Jerry Baldwin Saga: 1998-2020

Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Not that I'm taking up for DW (I signed the petition), but have you ever heard of an AD calling a press conference to announce they are keeping a coach who was already under contract? Nope. So maybe the correct choice was made as Josh suggests. The fact that it came to that choice is where the more serious problem lies.

igeaux.mobi

2. Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _
    What do you want me to do, make up quotes? Write what I think he would say?
    _
    No offense Josh, but there is no way you could make up story lines that would be more 'entertaining' (frustrating/disappointing) than the clown factory that is UL athletics.

The term 'mind boggling' comes into focus while trying to determine how UL still has any fan support considering the administering of the athletic department over its history.

Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ Not that I'm taking up for DW (I signed the petition), but have you ever heard of an AD calling a press conference to announce they are keeping a coach who was already under contract? Nope. So maybe the correct choice was made as Josh suggests. The fact that it came to that choice is where the more serious problem lies.

igeaux.mobi _
    True, but I think there were extenuating circumstances in this instance that warranted a press conference. He knew the kind of commotion that this would cause and that we would want answers.

sorry, but people complaining on a message board does not mean you should hold a press conference

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    True, but I think there were extenuating circumstances in this instance that warranted a press conference. He knew the kind of commotion that this would cause and that we would want answers.
    igeaux.mobi

_ sorry, but people complaining on a message board does not mean you should hold a press conference
    igeaux.mobi _
    Well, its not like everyone is satisfied with this call: message board, sports talk shows, etc. This is where a good bit of fans come to talk sports, others listen to 1420, others read the paper and some do all. There is a gross majority of people that would like to hear from the AD.

Do you think that the people expressing opinions here are in the minority with wanting answers? It seems like the people who pay for the tickets, merch, etc are for the most part left wanting more.

Again, the main point I was making was that this is not just keeping coaches. This is keeping them at a point where they are both failing on the court badly. Its not just a regular offseason decision.

_ sorry, but people complaining on a message board does not mean you should hold a press conference

igeaux.mobi _

Sorry, there are more then a few examples of Athletic Directors holding press conferences on the subjects of retaining coaches, assistant coaches, terminating coaches and coaches agreeing to new contracts.

side note: None of those programs are currently on NCAA probation or have received written warning from the NCAA for low APR scores. For this reason, Friday's released statement was unacceptable in explaining the decision to retain both coaches considering the magnitude and consequences.

It doesn't matter if Mr. Walker is unwilling or is uncomfortable in conducting such press conferences. His decision not to do so was unprofessional and is poor judgement on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ The university will see how the fans feel next year when the attendance is the worse than last year. We as fans have a voice. If the university saved money by keeping Lee they will lose money on attendance. Only the free UL student ID's will be there and not eating or drinking a thing.

We just added another 2-3 years on top of the damage to rebuild our basketball image!

This will never be a basketball town. You can fit 10,000 in that Cajundome if you really wanted to. _

I agree with most of what you have said but I would submit there was a time when this town was going nuts over basketballBlackham was packed to the rafters night in and night out I dont remember what it held maybe 5,000

Then Marty Fletcher came in and we had crowds over 10,000 several times

This administration has done soo much harm that it may be difficult if not impossible to get many of those folks back

8. Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ I would have held the Op-Ed until after I talked to Walker, maybe your OPINION will be deferent after that interview. _
    Hey Josh, look how easy your job got!! Now everyone is telling you how to do your job better. It's like free professional development. Isn't it soo helpful. Oh and while we're on the subject, you should use Arial font, its much better than times new roman.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ Hey Josh, look how easy your job got!! Now everyone is telling you how to do your job better. It's like free professional development. Isn't it soo helpful. Oh and while we're on the subject, you should use Arial font, its much better than times new roman. _
    Honestly I've never seen a bigger bunch of ass kissers in my life. Parrott jumped the gun; he didn't have all the facts. Cajun T brought more to the table at 10:52 this morning than I've heard from anyone else. I'm not looking for acceptance or friendship from any of you people, I just want the truth!!!

_ Honestly I've never seen a bigger bunch of ass kissers in my life. Parrott jumped the gun; he didn't have all the facts. Cajun T brought more to the table at 10:52 this morning than I've heard from anyone else. I'm not looking for acceptance or friendship from any of you people, I just want the truth!!! _
    The truth is, NO ONE OWES YOU A DAMN EXPLANATION FOR ANYTHING! Yes it would be great if David Walker and UL athletic department would sit down and have a mea culpa with all of us. However, we all know that will never happen. And all though we think its o ur right as a fan to know everything, they owe us no explanation.

GEAUX UL!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ The truth is, NO ONE OWES YOU A DAMN EXPLANATION FOR ANYTHING! Yes it would be great if David Walker and UL athletic department would sit down and have a mea culpa with all of us. However, we all know that will never happen. And all though we think its o ur right as a fan to know everything, they owe us no explanation.
    GEAUX UL! _
    If they want anymore of my money, or anyone else's for that matter, i.e. through the RCAF, then there will be no questions about whether or not an explanation is owed, it will simply be given, no questions asked.

12. Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

_ Honestly I've never seen a bigger bunch of ass kissers in my life. Parrott jumped the gun; he didn't have all the facts. Cajun T brought more to the table at 10:52 this morning than I've heard from anyone else. I'm not looking for acceptance or friendship from any of you people, I just want the truth!!! _
    roflmmfao.
    I just pictured an extremely angry, red faced, chapped a s s, middle age man yelling at the computer screen

thanks, I needed that.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

And although we think it's our right as fans to know everything, they owe us no explanation.
    This is not a well thought-out opinion. You are correct that we don't need to know everything.

But we do need to know something.

And if this administration wants any of our money, they'd better know that.

You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!! - D. Walker

_ The truth is, NO ONE OWES YOU A DAMN EXPLANATION FOR ANYTHING! Yes it would be great if David Walker and UL athletic department would sit down and have a mea culpa with all of us. However, we all know that will never happen. And all though we think its o ur right as a fan to know everything, they owe us no explanation.

GEAUX UL! _
    Listen buddy, I'm glad you feel warm inside because you and Farmer had a 2 minute conversation about fried shrimp. You’re obviously fine that Walker and others will never be held accountable? I'm not!

Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information