Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: The Jerry Baldwin Saga: 1998-2020

Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I think you are being way to tough on Parrot. Questioning him in that manner because you disagree with him (I disagree with him on this issue btw) is not fair. He has done nothing since he's been here to lead us to believe the university influences his opinions.
    Just because we disagree with him does not make him unethical.

igeaux.mobi _

Parrot gave his opinion and I gave mine. It seemed as though Parrot was doing damage control for the university.

Default Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ Parrot gave his opinion and I gave mine. It seemed as though Parrot was doing damage control for the university. _

Or maybe giving it an unbiasd opinion once he sat down and reviewed all of the facts. I, too was disappointed in the decision but I also see why the decision was made. Its not an easy spot to be in and I think that in a different year, he would be gone with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Or maybe giving it an unbiasd opinion once he sat down and reviewed all of the facts. I, too was disappointed in the decision but I also see why the decision was made. Its not an easy spot to be in and I think that in a different year, he would be gone with no problem. _
    Did you learn anything new from this article that you didn't get from Jay on Friday?

_ Did you learn anything new from this article that you didn't get from Jay on Friday? _

Didn't hear a word of Jay's show. But as a "somebody has to be blamed" society and fanbase, I think people would have been just as upset if Walker would have fired Lee, the rumors would be true and we lose several players thus destroying our APR since we are still on the probationary period and teams such as Baseball and softball would lose out on post-season status. Can you imagine the backlash there. If Lee has another woeful or even just average year next year (what is the difference), he's gone and they don't have to use private funds to buy him out thus giving us more money to pay a good coach more. Its not the ideal scenario and I do not want Lee here but the alternatives could be much more crippling to the entire athletic dept. and I think that is what Parrott is trying to get people to understand.

_ Didn't hear a word of Jay's show. But as a "somebody has to be blamed" society and fanbase, I think people would have been just as upset if Walker would have fired Lee, the rumors would be true and we lose several players thus destroying our APR since we are still on the probationary period and teams such as Baseball and softball would lose out on post-season status. Can you imagine the backlash there. If Lee has another woeful or even just average year next year (what is the difference), he's gone and they don't have to use private funds to buy him out thus giving us more money to pay a good coach more. Its not the ideal scenario and I do not want Lee here but the alternatives could be much more crippling to the entire athletic dept. and I think that is what Parrott is trying to get people to understand. _
    Given our track record, had we lost out on post season play in football, we would have won 10 games this year and gave bustle a charlie weiss deal.

_ Didn't hear a word of Jay's show. But as a "somebody has to be blamed" society and fanbase, I think people would have been just as upset if Walker would have fired Lee, the rumors would be true and we lose several players thus destroying our APR since we are still on the probationary period and teams such as Baseball and softball would lose out on post-season status. Can you imagine the backlash there. If Lee has another woeful or even just average year next year (what is the difference), he's gone and they don't have to use private funds to buy him out thus giving us more money to pay a good coach more. Its not the ideal scenario and I do not want Lee here but the alternatives could be much more crippling to the entire athletic dept. and I think that is what Parrott is trying to get people to understand. _

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner.

I'm so sick of people throwing the "somebody has to blamed society" argument; I live in the real world, where people are held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ DING! DING! DING! We have a winner. _
    People who are content with the status quo are IMO the problem not the solution. I'm not trying to win or lose anything I just simply want some questions answered by the people in charge.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm not down on Josh for selling out the fans and choosing the administration. UL fans have never had anyone at their side and never will. That has always been obvious to me. It has always been expected for a UL fan to take a beating and just come back.

This is the worst university I have ever witnessed that disregards and disrespects their fans (students, alumni, and friends). There is no reason to have large scale college athletics other than to manage relationships with people connected to the university. Do these guys not get that?

It would not have been that difficult for Dave Walker, or someone at the university that can speak, to give fans more than this ridiculous excuse for non-action. The point that is missed in all of this APR excuse (including Josh's piece) is why we have a legacy of always having a barrier to making good decisions. We are always hamstrung by issues I never hear about others having. I have been waiting since Dr. Savoie took the helm to hear an apology for how terrible things have been run at UL and how things are going to be improved. I have very little respect for Dr. Savoie at this point. I believe he is a puppet of the state, has far less passion than Dr. Authement, and is going to do nothing whatsoever with UL athletics, but oversee its decay.

_ People who are content with the status quo are IMO the problem not the solution. I'm not trying to win or lose anything I just simply want some questions answered by the people in charge. _
    I could not agree more I am so sick of the parrots (no pun intended) in the media Jay Walker. Josh Parrot. and "I have no opinion because i am a nice guy. and did i mention baseball is the perfect game" Stevie P. criticizing those of us who have the audactiy to say the emperor has no clothes

This university could be soo much more in athletics There was a day when we were on par with Tech and So Miss and East Carolina and others. today we are a joke

Just having some people in the administration who care about winningThere should be, and I for one wont participate because I love this university, a boycott of the games from the remaining loyalists until this entire administration is removed.T-Joe is just Dr. A redoux. I had really expected more from him. But he is just one of the boys. the small gang that hops on the planes together win or lose does not matter.THEY have the cush and know they would be run out if a new aggressive AD was in place. This really is pathetic

_ People who are content with the status quo are IMO the problem not the solution. I'm not trying to win or lose anything I just simply want some questions answered by the people in charge. _
    Am I happy with the situation? Absolutely not. But I knew this was coming nearly 3 weeks ago. The events leading up to this point should not cause this kind of outburst from the fans. If anyone was paying attention, you would have seen this coming and it wouldn't be such a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ I could not agree more I am so sick of the parrots (no pun intended) in the media Jay Walker. Josh Parrot. and "I have no opinion because i am a nice guy. and did i mention baseball is the perfect game" Stevie P. criticizing those of us who have the audactiy to say the emperor has no clothes

This university could be soo much more in athletics There was a day when we were on par with Tech and So Miss and East Carolina and others. today we are a joke

Just having some people in the administration who care about winningThere should be, and I for one wont participate because I love this university, a boycott of the games from the remaining loyalists until this entire administration is removed.T-Joe is just Dr. A redoux. I had really expected more from him. But he is just one of the boys. the small gang that hops on the planes together win or lose does not matter.THEY have the cush and know they would be run out if a new aggressive AD was in place. This really is pathetic _
    If you think Josh Parrot is a parrot for the university, you are sadly mistaken.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Am I happy with the situation? Absolutely not. But I knew this was coming nearly 3 weeks ago. The events leading up to this point should not cause this kind of outburst from the fans. If anyone was paying attention, you would have seen this coming and it wouldn't be such a shock. _
    Who said it was a shock? If I see incompetence 20 times in a row. why would I be "shocked" to see it one more time? No one is "shocked". they are "disgusted". all over again.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Joshua Parrott Op-Ed: Despite fans' frustrations, UL did right thing

i disagree with joshua's opinion, but that's what it is, his opinion. i would have liked for him to agree with the majority on this forum and put that opinion in the paper, but he didn't. i have to remember that he has been the best friend of our athletics program at that rag of a paper that we have had in a long time. just because he does not agree with me is no reason for me to castigate him as a traitor. i look forward to more excellent coverage of cajuns athletics from him, no matter what his opinion on this matter is.

Also, no one has brought this up, but the precedent has been set by Jerry Baldwin on what would happen if you fire a coach who isn't winning.

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information