Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Chris Gradnigo Granted Transfer Release by UL

Default Chris Gradnigo Granted Transfer Release by UL

My blog on the Cajuns losing a big-name player:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

Default Re: Sources: Chris Gradnigo granted release by UL, to transfer

BIG news! I'm guessing their styles did not mesh. I believe he can RS but I wonder how many D-1 programs would be interested in this guy for 1 year. Obviously the guy has talent. I'm bummed we won't get to see what he could do under Marlin.

Chris can still transfer, sit out and play another year. He has received some interest. I'll have more in a bit.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ BIG news! I'm guessing their styles did not mesh. I believe he can RS but I wonder how many D-1 programs would be interested in this guy for 1 year. Obviously the guy has talent. I'm bummed we won't get to see what he could do under Marlin. _

ya think?? LOL!! Good luck, Gradnigo!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ ya think?? LOL!! Good luck, Gradnigo! _
    You meant Good-Riddens! What a cry baby. How many times did he sulk leaving the floor and wouldn't even stop to talk to Lee even though Lee was talking to him. Lee should have told him to keep walking. His best defensive maneuver was a foul otherwise his player blew past him. Obviously, Martin did what Lee would not do, that is let a bad egg go. I like this guy and I haven't even met him yet.

6. Default Re: Sources: Chris Gradnigo granted release by UL, to transfer

This is GOOD news for the program. Chris obviously has talent, but his attitude is a cancer. Didn't he pledge to be a "leader" and work "extra hard" in the off season in order to help the team? Just another talker.

Bobby Marlin is going to pack the Dome like the Moratorium Rally did yesterday!

I don't think Chris is a bad person. Just lacks maturity. I think he finally realized that his new coach would not put up with his 80% effort like Robert did.

UL Basketball Re: Sources: Chris Gradnigo granted release by UL, to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I don't think Chris is a bad person. Just lacks maturity. I think he finally realized that his new coach would not put up with his 80% effort like Robert did.
    Hopefully, the rest of the teams sees this now as a wake up call too.

9. Default Re: Sources: Chris Gradnigo granted release by UL, to transfer

Ouch!

His untapped potential will be missed.

I've had mixed feelings about Chris for a long time. I was excited to see what this team could accomplish this season with new leadership and a renewed effort by the players. I guess we will be missing a huge part of that pie. The team's performance will suffer as Chris was a good talent and when he puts it together, could be a tremendous player. I guess I really wish he had made this decision a lot earlier so we could have recruited and planned for it better.

Word was out in May that he will likely go to McNeese.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The team's performance will suffer as Chris was a good talent and when he puts it together, could be a tremendous player. I guess I really wish he had made this decision a lot earlier so we could have recruited and planned for it better. _
    I don't think the loss of this indivdual will negatively impact the team's performance. I trust the new coach will have the players available perform
    to the best of their abilities.

UL Basketball Re: Sources: Chris Gradnigo granted release by UL, to transfer

I think our new coach probably saw CG was not putting in the effort or leading the others as a senior player should be expected to and told CG he should pack up and go. This is a message to our other players that non-effort is no longer to be tolerated.

A short-term problem that will turn into a long-term benefit!

Chris could play, at times. other times he pouted. Did Labato have a hand in this?

Quote Originally Posted by randyleb View Post
    _ Chris could play, at times. other times he pouted. Did Labato have a hand in this? _
    LeBato is not at Denver. Therefore I doubt he had any impact on this decision.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information