Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: DIARY: Louisiana's Track & Field, Soccer Complex

Track & Field track

Visual Updates Mar 04 April 04, May-June 04 Sept 04, Oct 04 Nov 04 Dec 04 Jan 05

Feb 2004

can someone tell me, what ever happen to our track field? we don't even have events here any more, and many people in the community who like track and field have ask me about it.help anyone.:confused:

I think they are not scheduling any meets at the current facilities. If I am not mistaken, they are building a new track/soccer facility, and there will be no meets at UL until the new facility is done. I might be worng, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere along the way.

3. Track & Field track

things are happening, i don't know if any of you notice, they have dug up the track field and are well on the way and with good weather it won't take long. things r a movin

4. Default

Visual Updates Mar 04 April 04, May-June 04 Sept 04, Oct 04 Nov 04 Dec 04 Jan 05

Thanks oldman

I didn't realize there was so much concrete under the track. Is this how McNaspy Track is constructed?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Default

From the stands, I was going to venture out and get a view of the stands but it really looks like a war zone out there.

6. Default

A view of Tigue Moore Field from the track

7. Default

Proof that it is in fact "Ragin' Cajuns Track and Field"

8. Default

I view in the distance of last years Ragin' Cajun building project.

9. Default

VObserver recently posted that Louisiana's new track design is to be based on UT's Myers Track and Field. If so here is a picture

"Made possible through the generous donations of UT benefactor Mike A. Myers, The Mike A. Myers Stadium & Soccer Field is home to the Texas Track and Soccer programs. The state of the art facility possesses all the amenities that comprise the top dual-sport venues in the nation. Located adjacent to Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, the complex features a European-style layout with a full-sized soccer field in the center. The stadium seats more than 20,000 spectators and contains two separate scoreboards for track and soccer, full lighting for night events, and ample concessions areas. Myers Stadium also boasts a full-functioning field house which includes spacious locker rooms, a training room, a full-sized press box and team lounge areas. The track is a nine-lane European oval featuring a wider turn radius than traditional tracks to allow for more speed in the turns. Field event performers enjoy the all-inclusive site that is equipped with dual jump lanes, several throwing circles and a pair of high jump aprons."

The source of the info

Of course, the comparison of the two facilities ends past the outside lane.

11. Default

great job turbine, hey! where do the fans park? i mean, we are so spoiled we would want to park no more than 10ft from the stadium, if any further we will complain and say i'm not going.(20,000) you say! so please do not dislocate anyone/move them they might get mad(did i say that). hey! great fans don't care where they park,or how far just build it and they will come. THEIR IS A METHOD TO MY MADNESS.

Throwing venues for hammer and discus are to be located outside the track facility, as these events tend to mar the soccer turf. I would assume that the pictured facility is for discus; hammer would be somewhat smaller, though with few allowances both can be thrown from the same cage.

Also, thank you for remembering that this track facility is to be named in honor of the late Charles R. Lancon; truly as fine a person as I have ever known.

Originally posted by Turbine
    I didn't realize there was so much concrete under the track.

Is this how McNaspy Track is constructed?
    No. Cinder tracks like McNaspy were not usually laid over concrete, but over a soil cement base, much like that used on shell or gravel roads.

Originally posted by VObserver
    Throwing venues for hammer and discus are to be located outside the track facility, as these events tend to mar the soccer turf. I would assume that the pictured facility is for discus; hammer would be somewhat smaller, though with few allowances both can be thrown from the same cage.
    Does Texas have the hammer and discus events outside the stadium as well?

15. Default Track /Soccer StadiumConstruction

Visual Updates Mar 04, April 04, May-June 04, Sept 04, Oct 04, Nov 04, Dec 04, Jan 05

Went by with the camera to see what was happening with the track/soccer stadium construction. Progress is being made, even though it looks messy. According to Nelson S the next thing to happen is the installation of the underground drainage. Then they seed the infield to hold the soil in place while they are laying the track foundation and surface. October is the target date barring any major disruptions.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information