Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playmakers on Offense

UL Football Playmakers on Offense

With the season right around the corner, I was thinking who I would consider our playmakers on Off. L. Green, Marlin Miller, Brad Mcguire come to my mind. Mason is a good QB and hopefully he will be one also. Which running back will jump out and be a playmaker. We will have many good backs that can do it and it will be great if it is more than one can answer the challenge.

CC

2. Default Re: Playmakers on Offense

Mark Mcguire down as one in my book.

Default Re: Playmakers on Offense

I think it all starts with Mason at QB. He has plenty of experience now, and must take controls of this offense and be a leader. For QB, especially one that is more of a passer, it takes some time to gain that experience and be able to adjust to the different defenses. I like the direction we are headed with the offense because I want our team to have a good balance with the ability to throw when needed. This has been lacking for years and years. He has a few weapons with L. Green being the top target. It's too early to tell with running back, since we have no idea what the new guys will bring, but I'm hopeful it will be better than last year. One of these guys should give us that break away RB that we must have to make this offense go. The RB position is where a new guy can make an immediate impact, and I think we will see that this year.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My biggest hope is that when we do get into fall preparation, the key people that give us the best chance at winning, show up early and clearly to our coaching staff. It isn't a bad thing to have close calls at QB, RB and every other position. But, it does concern me with this coaching staff when they do not appear to know which individual and chemistry of individuals, with a specific set, sequence, and mix of playcalls, is the best combination on the field. That is something we had better get right. right out of the starting gate. The motivation to get that correct this go around. is hopefully. their jobs.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ I think it all starts with Mason at QB. He has plenty of experience now, and must take controls of this offense and be a leader. For QB, especially one that is more of a passer, it takes some time to gain that experience and be able to adjust to the different defenses. I like the direction we are headed with the offense because I want our team to have a good balance with the ability to throw when needed. This has been lacking for years and years. He has a few weapons with L. Green being the top target. It's too early to tell with running back, since we have no idea what the new guys will bring, but I'm hopeful it will be better than last year. One of these guys should give us that break away RB that we must have to make this offense go. The RB position is where a new guy can make an immediate impact, and I think we will see that this year. _
    I agree on all counts. If these coaches are worth their salt, we should be able to select and elevate a RB out of this stable. If he does not emerge, I blame coaching. As for the QB, I just want the guy that has a solid head on his shoulders and knows how to distribute the ball. I do not want a running QB. Mobile. yes. running. no. We have some of our best weapons in the receiving corps and we need a QB who knows how to toss a ball to the right spot. I could care less what name is on the back of that jersey at this point.

Every time a QB runs with the ball. even when he picks up yardage. is a failure on the offense. There are rare exceptions. Our QB needs to take every opportunity during a game to match his intellect against a guessing defense. He should use his brain to out match them. with what he knows to do. and they can only hope to guess. Everything opens up when that happens. Everything. It is past time our coaches coach a QB into running an offense. like Jake did. with his brain. I'm about to believe this coaching staff is addicted to the legs of our QB. That will get you to a 6 game max win year in and year out. I'll debate anyone on that one.

I'm still not sold on looking to the sideline for every offensive play. unless the QB has 100% backing to audible out based on whatever he decides is best. I'm tired of the puppit QB that has no decision-making responsibility. Are young men coming out of highschool that ignorant and lacking in leadership? The time that elapses looking over at the fat old men on the sidelines, is time lost in a huddle taking in the eyes and hearts of your friends that are actually playing the game. JMO

QB - I think if Bustle uses the same strategy this year that he did last year in rotation of QBs Masson and McGuire, then our scheme of plays would be extremely obvious and may affect our production of positive yardage.

I just think the coaches need to make up their minds of which way they want to go because this team needs a definate leader at the most important position of offense in football.

I think Chris Masson will improve greatly from last year and show us that he was made for the position, and i also believe this will push McGuire to improve greatly as well because he is a competitor and wont back down easily.

I am not concerned about the ability of our quarterbacks, more concerned about the production of our coaching staff.

RB - Here is where i believe we Recruited some tremendous talent and with a JUCO recruit Kevis Streeter who reminds me of a poormans Maurice Jones-Drew or a slightly taller Darren Sproles. This guy (if allowed to play to his ability) will be explosive and i can not wait to see him perform and hope he doesnt let me down.

for the 2nd straight season i dont see this Mamou star Robert Walker on the roster list (any news on this?)

Aaron Spikes is a 3 star recruit out of Texas and should also be a very big talent. but I think he will have to learn a bit more from the other backs before we really experience what he has to offer.

WR - I think we have GREAT talent not only with Marlin Miller, Richie Falgout, and Pierre Hill, but even deeper if we happen to experience some unfortunate injuries, we have great players at this position that can produce big yardage and great possession gains.

I Really wish we would open up to a 4 wide set and Convert Ladarius Green into a Wide Out and i believe we would be very successful. He has the talent to be dominate but I dont think we really exploited it like we could have. He can out jump Cornerbacks and beat out Line backers. As long as he runs atleast a 4.65 (which im sure he does) converting to wide receiver should not affect his productivity and would probably even help as far as him getting open or in one on one situations.

cant wait for the season and I'm glad we are underdogs this year, its time we open up some eyes.

I also noticed Walker missing from the roster on the Athletic site. Received a season ticket flyer in the mail and they show a number 6. Is this Walker? If so why is his name not on the roster.

CC

Here is my take on our RBs. With Sails hurt last year, our RBs suffered greatly but they also got some valuable experience. Look for Julian shankle and draylon booker to compete for playing time. As for our incoming guys, they look promising. I dont know why walker isnt on the roster but i'm sure it's nothing real important. But assuming he will be on the team this year, he will compete for a job. also i see streeter competing in special teams. being a solid returner for us. And Spikes will have to play this year. I think if we dont play him at all he will probably just transfer. From what i've read it seems like he has a big head cause he originally signed with texas tech and now is coming here. hopefully i'm wrong about that though. in conclusion, i think we will end up using a bunch of our RBs this season. should be exciting to watch

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ I also noticed Walker missing from the roster on the Athletic site. Received a season ticket flyer in the mail and they show a number 6. Is this Walker? If so why is his name not on the roster.

CC _
    Perhaps the site only has players who were on the team last fall. Walker joined the team in the spring after sitting out to get eligible in the fall.

I have a Question Re: Playmakers on Offense

What's the latest on Blaine Geutier? Is he a member of this football team?

11. Default Re: Playmakers on Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ What's the latest on Blaine Geutier? Is he a member of this football team? _
    Blaine Gauthier is back on the team, as are two others that were arrested, only Chris Richard has been dismissed. There is a good chance that Blaine and the others may be suspended for a game or so because fo this. But they will be back on the team for the opening roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Blaine Gauthier is back on the team, as are two others that were arrested, only Chris Richard has been dismissed. There is a good chance that Blaine and the others may be suspended for a game or so because fo this. But they will be back on the team for the opening roster. _
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Perhaps the site only has players who were on the team last fall. Walker joined the team in the spring after sitting out to get eligible in the fall. _

Mike- The listing has all the incoming freshman so Walker should be on. I hope he is. CC

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Playmakers on Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Mark Mcguire down as one in my book. _
    i'll try again. ahem, mark macguire? didn't he play for the cardinals? lol

15. Default Re: Playmakers on Offense

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Mike- The listing has all the incoming freshman so Walker should be on. I hope he is. CC
    My sources tell me that everything is well with Rob Walker. Likely just an oversight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information