View Poll Results: The Ragin's Cajuns 2010 Regular Season Football Record will be??

Voters
132. This poll is closed
  • 12-0

1 0.76%
  • 11-1

0 0%
  • 10-2

1 0.76%
  • 9-3

0 0%
  • 8-4

13 9.85%
  • 7-5

48 36.36%
  • 6-6

32 24.24%
  • 5-7

28 21.21%
  • 4-8

9 6.82%
  • 3-9

0 0%
  • 2-10

0 0%
  • 1-11

0 0%
  • 0-12

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Predict the Record: Ragin' Cajuns Football 2010

1. Default Predict the Record: Ragin' Cajuns Football 2010

With 60 days left until the home opener for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns, I figured it was time we took it to Ragin Pagin to see how the fans think the Cajuns will perform during the 2010 football season.

Sat, Sep 04 Georgia at Athens, Ga. TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Arkansas State * Cajun Field TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Middle Tennessee * Cajun Field TBA

Sat, Oct 02 North Texas * at Denton, Texas TBA

Fri, Oct 08 Oklahoma State Cajun Field 8:00 p.m.

Sat, Oct 16 Troy * at Troy TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Western Kentucky * Cajun Field 4:00 p.m.

Sat, Oct 30 Ohio at Athens, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 06 Mississippi at Oxford, Miss. TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Florida Atlantic * at Boca Raton, Fla. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 FIU * Cajun Field TBA

Sat, Nov 27 La.-Monroe * at Monroe, La. TBA

* Conference Games

Default Re: Predict the Record: Ragin's Cajun Football 2010

W: ASU, MTSU, NT, WKU, FAU, FIU, ULM
    L: UGA, OSU, Troy, Ole Miss, Ohio

I could see us knocking off Ohio and dropping another conference game so 7-5 looks about right.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Predict the Record: Ragin's Cajun Football 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ W: ASU, MTSU, NT, WKU, FAU, FIU, ULM

I could see us knocking off Ohio and dropping another conference game so 7-5 looks about right. _
    Looks right to me!!!

Every year I vote with my heart and not with head on this thread. Every year I end up being off by a game or two in the win column. I just think this years brutal schedule will end up getting the best of our Cajuns, and we will end up at 5-7. Here's to hoping I'm off by a game or two in the loss column this time!

GEAUX CAJUNS

I could see us knocking off Ohio and dropping another conference game so 7-5 looks about right. _
    I'm thinking about the same thing except that i have us beating ohio and losing to one of SBC schools. I dont have one particular team in mind but we always seem to lose at least one close game to a SBC team when we are on the road (like FIU last year). Also, MTSU is a tough one for me. they are probably the best team in the conference but we do have them at home which is nice. To me, Ohio is a big game for us b/c if we lose that game, then we will probably have a hard time getting 7 wins. Everything has to go our way for us to pull of this tough schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ I'm thinking about the same thing except that i have us beating ohio and losing to one of SBC schools. I dont have one particular team in mind but we always seem to lose at least one close game to a SBC team when we are on the road (like FIU last year). Also, MTSU is a tough one for me. they are probably the best team in the conference but we do have them at home which is nice. To me, Ohio is a big game for us b/c if we lose that game, then we will probably have a hard time getting 7 wins. Everything has to go our way for us to pull of this tough schedule. _

You are correct. The Ohio game is the biggest game on the schedule. However, this is a program that has progressed over the years. I think this progression will lead to more SBC wins this year. First, we are amongst the leaders at returning starters on both sides of the ball. Last year, our skill positions were the big question mark and while there was no flash, there was more production than recently anticipated and all of those players are back. We've added a lot of talent at RB and our line returns a lot of depth. Also, the SBC is much more open than in recent years. MTSU will be a good team but I'm not as high on them as a lot of others around. They've rarely succeeded when they've had high expectations put on them as Stockstill was on the hot seat last year heading into league play. I saw what Troy did to them to start conference and I truly don't think they are more talented at any one position than most other SBC schools. Troy has lost a lot of their playmakers, especially on defense but their offense is going to be deadly. All the other schools have lost a lot of past production and are relative uncertains to how they will do. This is the year for this team to win 6 conference games as we have a lot of experience back on both sides of the ball. I think this is the year that we should place the higher expectations on Bustle and let it be known that we tend to compete for the conference title,

Just realized we are playing two games in a Athens this year! Somethings gotta give!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ You are correct. The Ohio game is the biggest game on the schedule. However, this is a program that has progressed over the years. I think this progression will lead to more SBC wins this year.
    We CANT go 0-4 in our non conference games. And I agree, this team is only getting better and better as the years go by. and I believe if we had the type of schedule that we've had in the past then we would easily get 7 wins but this schedule is just so tough. Biggest question mark for me is how much is our D-line gonna improve? IMO, if the D-line doesnt get better, we cant get 7 wins probably not even 6 with this schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ You are correct. The Ohio game is the biggest game on the schedule. However, this is a program that has progressed over the years. I think this progression will lead to more SBC wins this year. First, we are amongst the leaders at returning starters on both sides of the ball. Last year, our skill positions were the big question mark and while there was no flash, there was more production than recently anticipated and all of those players are back. We've added a lot of talent at RB and our line returns a lot of depth. Also, the SBC is much more open than in recent years. MTSU will be a good team but I'm not as high on them as a lot of others around. They've rarely succeeded when they've had high expectations put on them as Stockstill was on the hot seat last year heading into league play. I saw what Troy did to them to start conference and I truly don't think they are more talented at any one position than most other SBC schools. Troy has lost a lot of their playmakers, especially on defense but their offense is going to be deadly. All the other schools have lost a lot of past production and are relative uncertains to how they will do. This is the year for this team to win 6 conference games as we have a lot of experience back on both sides of the ball. I think this is the year that we should place the higher expectations on Bustle and let it be known that we tend to compete for the conference title, _

You ended the sentence with a comma, so I'm not sure if that was a typo or you meant to add something. I agree with what you said, but would add after that comma that the least acceptable scenario if not winning the conference is winning 7 games and going to a bowl. A conference championship would be ideal, but it remains Bowl game or bust. Bustle does not get a pass with the schedule. The loss to FIU last year cost us a bowl game and FIU only had 3 wins (including UL). There are NO EXCUSES after 8 years or 9 years when this season is over.

Our OOC schedule is pretty much on a par with other members. With MT at home, we need to win at least 7 of our 8 conference games and take the chance away from needing an upset in our OOC games. That means winning all conference home games and beating UNT, FAU and ULM on the road which should be doable. And, Troy just might be beatable this year with only 9 returning starters and an inexperienced defensive front 7 and QB. This should no longer be just hope on our part, but an actual expectation of our football program.

UL - Georgia, OK State, Ohio, Ole Miss
    Ark State - Auburn, Louisville, Indiana, Navy
    FAU - UAB, Michigan State, S. Florida, Texas
    FIU - Rutgers, Texas A&M, Maryland, Pitt
    ULM - Arkansas, Southeastern LA, Auburn, LSU
    MT - Minnesota, Austin Peay, Memphis, Georgia Tech
    N. Texas - Clemson, Rice, Army, Kansas State
    Troy - Bowling Green, OK State, UAB, South Carolina

The optimist in me says 6-6. The realist says 5-7.

If the Cajuns don't do any better then 7-5, the university will have to make some tough decisions, and many people on this board will not be happy with anything less then a 7 win season. Unfortunatley, with our schedule, I'm hoping for a 6-6 season. However, I know it is very possible to do better.

Let's pray we finish at least 7-5 and get a bowl bid. I'm starting to feel like Buddy D. I'm wondering if I will live long enough to see us in a bowl. This is going to be our year!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Getting past 6-6 won't be easy with the schedule we face. Any chance at all of us going bowling with a record of 6-6?

Well remember

We are young

Injuries

We dont have enough money

You hurt the team's confidence if you post negative stuff on this board

It's an even year

The White Devil Slave Masters in Baton Rouge buy all the good players

The Schedule is brutal

Playing on Friday hurts the crowd and we all know we only win when we have 20k+ oh wait

Remember what he inherited 3 decades ago. you cant expect overnight success

Have I missed any excuses???

I'm looking for 8 wins. Demand excellence or find someone who can produce it.

Ok flame away

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Well remember

We are young

Injuries

We dont have enough money

You hurt the team's confidence if you post negative stuff on this board

It's an even year

The White Devil Slave Masters in Baton Rouge buy all the good players

The Schedule is brutal

Playing on Friday hurts the crowd and we all know we only win when we have 20k+ oh wait

Remember what he inherited 3 decades ago. you cant expect overnight success

Have I missed any excuses???

I'm looking for 8 wins. Demand excellence or find someone who can produce it.

Ok flame away _

No flames. No more excuses. This is Bustle's 9th year. It is time that we DEMAND excellence. Our schedule is no tougher than anyone else. This is why we are in 1A and not 1AA. Bowl game or bust and that means a minimum of 7 wins. I am looking for 8 wins as well, 7 conference wins and one OOC upset.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information