Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Getting Ready for 2004 Football is it Spring yet

1. I have a Question Getting Ready for 2004 Football is it Spring yet

Well I know we will miss Grant Autrey's kicking ability, do we know his replacement?

Does anyone know the story behind Kicker Kyle Stringer's decision to sign with UL vs Boise State, or Boise State vs UL?

I know he signed with UL but I can't find anything on him. I also know he signed with Boise State but his signing with UL seems to have come after his signing with Boise State.

The other kicker I was wondering about is Charles Lee.

The one kicker I know a lot about is Sean Comiskey, only one missed extra point in 2 years.

Michael Mayeux, transfer from so. miss. is in line to be the next punter

What ever happened to the kid with the big leg from STM a couple years ago? I think he was one of Baldwin's recruits at the end of the Baldwin error

Ragin' Cajuns

I think his name was Lucas Murphy??? Anyone know what happened??

5. Default

I think Lucas Murphy quit the team because he and Comiskey got into it a couple of times. I don't know the whole story behind it, but that's part of it.

I HEARD CHARLES LEE QUIT THE TEAM. THEY WILL NEED ANOTHER KICKER AND PUNTER IN BY SPRING.

Hopefully Lee did not quit the team. He had a great leg. During warm-ups he was hitting them right with Comiskey.

UL Football Spring Football Question

Guys,
    Anybody know when spring football practice begins and when is the spring game?
    Thanks,
    Earl

9. Default

spring football starts march 8, next week. don't know when the game is at this time.

Spring game on April 3.

11. Default

I heard some scouts will be in town today. . . to time the seniors.

I don't know if this is the draft and it being last years seniors or if it is for next years seniors.

12. UL Football CollegeFootballNews.com looks at Jerry Babb

Who is Jerry Babb? . In the world of college football in Louisiana, UL might be dead last on the food chain at the moment. None of the bayou teams will ever be as big as LSU, but the Ragin' Cajuns are hoping to at least get better after losing 34-3 to Louisiana Tech and 45-42 to UL Monroe (the Indians' only win) last year. With quarterback Jerry Babb, ULL has a potential star to build around.

Head coach Rickey Bustle and his staff put Babb out there from day one, and things didn't work out so well as the redshirt freshman generated a total of three points in the first two games. In the third game against Houston, Babb completed a mere 5 of 22 passes for 57 yards. With things not going well, Eric Rekieta came in and got the offense moving proving to be more effective even though the team wasn't winning.

With an 0-7 record, Babb ended up getting back into the mix halfway through the New Mexico State game and led the Ragin' Cajuns to a 26-24 win with a touchdown pass and two rushing scores. The team went on a bit of a team with four wins in the final five games of the season with Babb playing like a seasoned veteran.
    Coming into 2004, it'll be Babb's job to make UL Lafayette a relevant football team and needs to keep the momentum going. He has the raw skills, and now he might grow into a great mid-major quarterback.

"Jerry is a very athletic quarterback that finds ways to win, said head coach Rickey Bustle. "He's young, but learning at an accelerated pace."

Babb's best game so far was . in the season finale against MTSU. After leading ULL into overtime on a two-yard touchdown pass to Bill Sampy with :26 to play, Babb's touchdown run in the third overtime turned out to be the winning points in a thrilling 57-51 win. Babb completed 37 of 56 passes for 435 yards and four touchdowns with an interception. He also ran for 39 yards and a score.

The rest of the story

Practice photo of #15 Jerry Babb and #6 Eric Rekieta

Attached Images Attached Images  

The timing was for this year's seniors who were not invited to the combine. They observe the rest of the team being timed.

UL Football almost everybody

ran the 40-yard dash and was timed But the scouts only received times from seniors and juniors

15. UL Football FootballBuffs

For all you football fans out there and I know there are a lot of you, just wanted to remind you that spring starts monday and as said before yall will be in for a great show so grab our buddies and voices and come on over to the swamp for our scrimmages on saturdays or even the practices or both and cheer us on.

"Dont be pleased with what is expected, do more, do the unexpected"-ZEL

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information