Thread: Louisiana vs Rice

1. UL Basketball Louisiana vs Rice

Up by as many as 12, and still up by 8 with time to take a single shot at the end of the first half, Brad Boyd puts up a WAY EARLY miss.

Rice takes it down and cuts the lead to 5

Halftime.

UL 39
    Rice 34

2. Default

Geaux back up by 10 in the second half, then fall apart and go down by 5, now down by 4

3. Default

Williams got ejected with 4:28 to go

Cameron fouled out with 3:55

Bridges has 4 fouls

Hamilton to finish the game at center

Rice 65
    UL 61

4. Default

Tied at 66 with 2:40 to go

5. Default

Under :60

Cajuns down by 4 and Rice has the ball.

6. Default

Cajuns lose by 4

Jay said it best "Rice is best cooked at home" They went to the line 6 times more than the Cajuns did.

Not 6 times more, 6 times as many, 30+ to 5

What a crock. Even though UL did kind of play bad for that 20 second stretch with 2 turnovers and a travel, they played well enough to win this game. But it's almost impossible to win when half of your starters are fouled out half way through the 2nd half because of home-town officiating. The Cajuns made more 2's and 3's than Rice did, but Rice had 21 more points from the line than the Cajuns because of the fact that Rice shot 32 free throws to the Cajuns' 5. Pathetic. I can't wait for them to visit the Cajundome next year so we can beat the snot out of them.

Home court advantage. Not a big deal. Doesn't hurt pr help the Cajuns. Remember it's tourney time that matters.

9. Default

Besides all the home cooking . . .

In hind sight I think the game was lost with the last Brad Boyd shot taken as the clock wound down at the end of the first half.

Bottom line is home court refs can dictate a game's outcome with just a couple of bad calls. At least two foul calls against the Cajuns in the final minutes were nothing but BAD, BAD, BAD; but it happens when you're on-the-road. Great teams have to overcome the bad calls.

Twenty-one turnovers says it all. To many forced shots in the second half by Green. Not enough Landry.

12. Default

Originally posted by o.c.dan-g
    Twenty-one turnovers says it all.
    Talk about! That gives the other team 21 more shooting oportunities.

Even without 3 point attempts, that is a potential 42 points.

Add the 27 extra free thows taken by Rice and you have 69 potential points.

This is one of the few pictures that I took at the Rice game. The view is from the top of the section of UL fans across from the Cajun bench. As you can see, there was also a small section of UL fans directly behind their bench.

14. Default

Originally posted by CajunKate
    This is one of the few pictures that I took at the Rice game. The view is from the top of the section of UL fans across from the Cajun bench. As you can see, there was also a small section of UL fans directly behind their bench.
    Thanks CajunKate

I see more red than blue.

Thread Information