Thread: Sun Belt Bowl Possibilities?

Default Sun Belt Bowl Possibilities?

Two questions:

1. Did the cure bowl (a 3rd Sun Belt auto bid) get approved?

2. If the Big 12, 11, 10, 9, . dissolves, doesn't that give the Sun Belt another auto bid, by virtue of our secondary agreements with one of these bowls? (I can't remember which)

Default Re: Sun Belt Bowl Possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Two questions:

2. If the Big 12, 11, 10, 9, . dissolves, doesn't that give the Sun Belt another auto bid, by virtue of our secondary agreements with one of these bowls? (I can't remember which) _
    1. Not sure, but the SBC could only have 2 auto bids this for this coming football season. If multiple teams keep winning 7+ games a year, the conference will be working to get more auto bids.

2. The Big 12 will still be in existance for the next 1-2 seasons, so the current bowl agreements will be in effect for those seasons. Once the agreements are up or the Big 12 no longer exists, it will be time for the bowls to renegoiate the bowl contracts.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Once this is all over, the Sunbelt may have no auto bids at all. Neither may the MAC, WAC, or CUSA. You must understand. The four mega-conferences intend to have it all. I'm not so sure they'll be satisfied with anything short of our reclassification to a level below D-I. The gloves are off and it is everybody for themselves right now. Only a few of teams from CUSA and the WAC will benefit from realignment. Everyone else loses, including us.

Before that happens, Congress will step in and do something about it. Bank on it.

Sorry, but the Sun Belt won't be losing anything. There is no honor among the group of thieves currently involved in the realignment process.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    _ Sorry, but the Sun Belt won't be losing anything. There is no honor among the group of thieves currently involved in the realignment process. _
    Um.huh???

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Two questions:

2. If the Big 12, 11, 10, 9, . dissolves, doesn't that give the Sun Belt another auto bid, by virtue of our secondary agreements with one of these bowls? (I can't remember which) _
    Cure Bowl was not approved.

Thread Information