Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----What years did you play against ST LOUIS???
    I forgot you said you coached there.

We were in the same division back in 73 and 74; played basketball and football, ran track.

Were you there during that time?

----What years did you play against ST LOUIS???
    There was a QB at St. Louis that signed to play at U(S)L in 72 or 73 ... do you remember his name?

I remember coaches saying Bo McCaleb wanted to play for the Cajuns but we went with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    There was a QB at St. Louis that signed to play at U(S)L in 72 or 73 ... do you remember his name?
    Scott something?

5. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

I left St Louis after 2 years (first year it was Landry) to go to Jesuit and Coach with Hammer's Godfather!!!! started at Landry in the Fall of '69 and left in the Spring of '71-----the QB that committed to UL was Scotty Jones but he decided to go to LSU--Delbert DeVille played at UL and was a year ahead of Scotty----Marty Landry played QB after Scotty and came to UL and helped me when I coached receivers----I had a couple of shoulder operations and literally can't throw a ball 10 yards---But as he passed I could be down with the RECs watching the important things!!!-------------The BRONCOS!!! right???

I left St Louis after 2 years (first year it was Landry) to go to Jesuit and Coach with Hammer's Godfather!!!! started at Landry in the Fall of '69 and left in the Spring of '71-----the QB that committed to UL was Scotty Jones but he decided to go to LSU--Delbert DeVille played at UL and was a year ahead of Scotty----Marty Landry played QB after Scotty and came to UL and helped me when I coached receivers----I had a couple of shoulder operations and literally can't throw a ball 10 feet---But as he passed I could be down with the RECs watching the important things!!!-------------The BRONCOS!!! right???

Scott Jones ... that is it. He was a pretty good quarterback!

Yep, the Broncos ... a little story for you. When we played St. Louis in 74 they got 2 first downs the entire game ... the best defensive game I had ever scene ... however, St. Louis got the final revenge as we and Marion had a 3-way tie for second place and St. Louis won the tie-breaker, a coin toss. They went on to play Notre Dame in the State finals.

7. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

My room mate (Tom Couste) was the head coach for the Saints and played well against the PIOS---I had scouted/recruitied the John Curtis game (I think) with ND the game before or after---anyway we signed 5 from the ND team for the Cajuns----Grotifiend, Hundley, etc plus Sid Veneble from Crowley!!!

Default 1,000 Point Club

Shawn Long is 22 points away.

9. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

#21 needs 22 to get to 1000.

Good chance of this happening Thursday.

It will happen Thursday night. Could someone post the 1000 point club. I think Shawn and Elfrid will be finish between 1800-2200 points for their careers if the stay for 4 years.

11. Default Re: Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

I know the list isn't accurate, I lost track.

I mean it was accurate in 2004 and I edit updated it a couple times but I believe there is someone besides Elfrid who belongs on the list.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

Did Travis Bureau or Randell Daigle make the club?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Did Travis Bureau or Randell Daigle make the club?
    http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/loc...this-week.html

According to this, Payton was no. 40 in the 1000 pt. club. I am pretty sure Daigle is.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

i have a pair of chuck taylors signed by half of these guys i should make my mission that all of em do

It is in fact Randall Daigle

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information