Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Yeah. I guess I just remember him from early in his career when we played him in the SBC Finals. He was not a very capable 3 point shooter then, but I guess he improved.
    It's cool to see some of the articles about McCalebb and his play for Macedonia nowadays. He's a massive star there and plays for their national team. He's been profiled by a few big outlets

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/61003684/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/sp...ips.html?_r=3&

Seriously? Who gives a rat's azz about some has been from UNO. I thought this thread was about OUR guy Elfrid.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    It's cool to see some of the articles about McCalebb and his play for Macedonia nowadays. He's a massive star there and plays for their national team. He's been profiled by a few big outlets

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/61003684/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/sp...ips.html?_r=3&
    Ah, the mythical Vergina sun flag (see the first article) ... everyone should wave that flag proudly!

4. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Yeah. I guess I just remember him from early in his career when we played him in the SBC Finals. He was not a very capable 3 point shooter then, but I guess he improved.
    -----Well this is just one example that should have by now served notice to board members---Don't doubt Boomer---Well unless you think he is incorrect!!!!! lol Now what is the story again on how we could have had BO??? I was talking to Mrs Shipley about the 2 big losses that I remember of kids going to other schools--and I will need help on this but from Natch HS Joe Dumars to McNeese, then the kid from Boston of LC to McNeese (she said that he had already signed with UL) close to 7 foot can't remember the name and maybe BO!!! HELP!!!

Bo McCalleb would be one of the big ones of the modern era. And, Ryan Francis who committed to us and then signed with Tim Floyd at USC. He was subsequently murdered in Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----Well this is just one example that should have by now served notice to board members---Don't doubt Boomer---Well unless you think he is incorrect!!!!! lol Now what is the story again on how we could have had BO??? I was talking to Mrs Shipley about the 2 big losses that I remember of kids going to other schools--and I will need help on this but from Natch HS Joe Dumars to McNeese, then the kid from Boston of LC to McNeese (she said that he had already signed with UL) close to 7 foot can't remember the name and maybe BO!!! HELP!!!
    Boomer, this is a great start to 2014 ... I totally understood your post! And can respond ... the LC kid was Edmund Lawrence, yes, very, very close to a 7 footer ... I played against him in high school; not very well I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Boomer, this is a great start to 2014 ... I totally understood your post! And can respond ... the LC kid was Edmund Lawrence, yes, very, very close to a 7 footer ... I played against him in high school; not very well I might add.
    And Edmund had a younger brother, Kenneth, who also was a good player, around 6'7", also to Ryan Street High (I believe).

8. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

What HS did you play for ?? Was it in LC???

Johnny Collins instead of Joe Dumars. That would be a Paschal signee, IIRC.

And Edmund had a younger brother, Kenneth, who also was a good player, around 6'7", also to Ryan Street High (I believe).
    Maybe David for the young one?
    Last edited by BeauCajun; January 3rd, 2014 at 05:21 pm. Reason: corrected name

Boomer, when you were coaching and recruiting did you hit 100% on every kid? Did any that you wanted ever sign elsewhere? Did any that you passed on turn out to be good or even great players for some other team?

Another question for recruiters. How often does one miss on a guy and he ends up struggling for the place he ends up at. I bet it happens often but it was not the case with McCaleb. Bo McCaleb story is that Robert Lee was recruiting him when he was an assistant to Jessie Evans. Someone else was recruiting a kid from California. When the kid from California committed we were full at that position and withdrew the offer to McCaleb. He went on to UNO where he had a great career. Of course in that time the Privateers rarely beat the Cajuns. Turns out that the kid from California never showed up as he did not become academically eligible. He played JUCO ball and then D1 ball out on the West Coast. Coach Lee always maintained he would have taken McCaleb over the California kid but it was Jessie's decision back then.

What HS did you play for ?? Was it in LC???
    Sam Houston in Moss Bluff. I measured up just above his waist! Our 6'-3" center did block one of his dunk attempts during one of our games!

Edmund Lawrence would have been a nice Cajun player.

14. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Another question for recruiters. How often does one miss on a guy and he ends up struggling for the place he ends up at. I bet it happens often but it was not the case with McCaleb. Bo McCaleb story is that Robert Lee was recruiting him when he was an assistant to Jessie Evans. Someone else was recruiting a kid from California. When the kid from California committed we were full at that position and withdrew the offer to McCaleb. He went on to UNO where he had a great career. Of course in that time the Privateers rarely beat the Cajuns. Turns out that the kid from California never showed up as he did not become academically eligible. He played JUCO ball and then D1 ball out on the West Coast. Coach Lee always maintained he would have taken McCaleb over the California kid but it was Jessie's decision back then.
    ----OK--now I am sick!!!!DAMN!!!---So if we get Dumars, Lawrance, and Bo ----well just think!!!

15. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

Sam Houston in Moss Bluff. I measured up just above his waist! Our 6'-3" center did block one of his dunk attempts during one of our games!

Edmund Lawrence would have been a nice Cajun player.
    ----What years did you play against ST LOUIS???

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information