Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 1000 Point Club

1. UL Basketball Re: 1,000 Point Club

EP misses too many free throws, and turns the ball over too often. IMO he would be fortunate to be drafted in 2014. No point in leaving early unless you are a lottery pick. As an undrafted player you have the ability to cater your talents to a team of need.

Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

I hope so. This year looks good... Next year would be soooooo sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think they both are making mistakes if they don't.

Elfrid is good, really good, but very young. He was a 17 year old Freshman, he needs to improve in some areas before making the jump.

Shawn is a center in NCAA, he will be lucky to play the 3 at the next level.

both can be good, but both need at least an extra year of College ball. Elfrid has a better shot than Shawn of leaving early.
    Shawn would be a 4 at the next level. No way he's quick enough to play the 3.

4. UL Basketball Re: 1,000 Point Club

Doubt he is big enough or quick enough to play the NBA 4. You talking about guys like Antony Davis, Durant, Griffin, King James.

He looks more like a Euro player to me.

Durante and Lebron are both small forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Doubt he is big enough or quick enough to play the NBA 4. You talking about guys like Antony Davis, Durant, Griffin, King James.

He looks more like a Euro player to me.
    Anthony Davis plays more of a 5 position. Durant is a 3. LeBron is just a freak, he legitimately plays 1-4.

Like i said he just needs to be in a san Antonio type system where they play alot of Boris Diaw and Matt Bonner who are neither big or athletic. Heck shawn long is more athletic than them and he is a much better rebounder. He will play a stretch 4 position in the NBA, you guys need to stop looking at him playing the old school power forward, alot of teams now are using more of a stretch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    EP misses too many free throws, and turns the ball over too often. IMO he would be fortunate to be drafted in 2014. No point in leaving early unless you are a lottery pick. As an undrafted player you have the ability to cater your talents to a team of need.
    REally? Orien Greene couldn't shoot a lick and turned the ball over a bunch. He was a second round pick.

Payton would get drafted this year...probably late first round or early second.

Jay, there is a big difference between the late first round or early second round. 1st round gets guaranteed contracts while 2nd rounders do not. 30th player drafted gets a guarantee while the 31st does not.

Missed seeing Tim Thompson, Larry Simon by one year; Bill McHorris by two years and Ed McCauley by 7. BUT, I've been blessed to have seen all of our other 1,000 pointers in person. Any other old geezers?

10. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

I remember talk about how to guard Bo M of UNO and the verdict was that you couldn't---Get off of him and he hits the 3---get on him and drop off quickly and he hits his jumper or runner---stay on him and you are toasted by a layup!!!! My s-in Law says he was one crazy guy having had teammates who were mutual friends!!!

McCalleb was't a good three point shooter that I remember. He was 5'9 couldn't shoot the three and still averaged about 25ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    McCalleb was't a good three point shooter that I remember. He was 5'9 couldn't shoot the three and still averaged about 25ppg.
    And it felt like we played against him for 10 years

13. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

We will agree to disagree and I guess you can look up the stats!!!

14. Default Re: 1,000 Point Club

You are both right, believe it or not.

Just looked up his stats, he was not very good early in his career but finished his 5th season at UNO very good from 3 point range.

2003-2004 .311 from 3 point land, while scoring 13.1 points per game
    2004-2005 .260 from 3 point land, while scoring 22.6 points per game
    2005-2006 .300 from 3 point land (only played 4 games), while scoring 19.0 points per game
    2006-2007 .333 from 3 point land, while scoring 25.0 points per game
    2007-2008 .405 from 3 point land, while scoring 23.2 points per game

So you are right, he was not very good early, average at best, as a senior he had an incredible 3 point %, not only that but in his career overseas he is an average .329 shooter, including 2010 and 2011 when he shot .438 amd .526 respectively from 3 point land.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You are both right, believe it or not.

Just looked up his stats, he was not very good early in his career but finished his 5th season at UNO very good from 3 point range.

2003-2004 .311 from 3 point land, while scoring 13.1 points per game
    2004-2005 .260 from 3 point land, while scoring 22.6 points per game
    2005-2006 .300 from 3 point land (only played 4 games), while scoring 19.0 points per game
    2006-2007 .333 from 3 point land, while scoring 25.0 points per game
    2007-2008 .405 from 3 point land, while scoring 23.2 points per game

So you are right, he was not very good early, average at best, as a senior he had an incredible 3 point %, not only that but in his career overseas he is an average .329 shooter, including 2010 and 2011 when he shot .438 amd .526 respectively from 3 point land.
    Yeah. I guess I just remember him from early in his career when we played him in the SBC Finals. He was not a very capable 3 point shooter then, but I guess he improved.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information