Thread: Cajuns Bracket Buster Opponent Announced

Default Cajuns Bracket Buster Opponent Announced

UL-Lafayette at Rice 1pm
    ESPN Plus

Date & time?

3. UL Basketball Cajuns given Bracket Buster assignment

Luisiana will play at Rice on Feb. 21.

LOUISIANA La. — A pair of league-leaders will be showcased on Feb. 21 when Louisiana meets the Rice Owls in Houston for the 2004 ESPN Bracket Buster Saturday event.

Their noon tipoff at 5,000-seat Autry Court on the Rice campus will be televised live on ESPN FULLCOURT, an out-of-market pay-per-view service. Cox Sports (Cable 27) will carry the game on a tape-delay basis.

Mardi Gras activities at the Cajundome knocked the Cajuns (11-5, 6-1) out of a host role in the Bracket Buster event, but Houston offers pluses.

“The only place better would be the Cajundome,” coach Jessie Evans said. “I’m excited about it. It gives an opportunity for our fans to travel and see us play.

“I can see the possibility of an alumni gathering in Houston for a Friday function, and having the opportunity to speak to them. It’s an early afternoon game, so there’s still time for people to go out afterwards.

“We also have two players from the Houston area on our team, and we’re recruiting several more.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

4. Default

The five televised ESPN Bracket Buster Saturday games are as follows (all times CST):
    11:00 am – College of Charleston at Western Michigan (ESPN2)
    1:00 pm – Manhattan at UW-Milwaukee (ESPN2)
    3:00 pm – Creighton at Kent State (ESPN2)
    5:00 pm – Gonzaga at Tulsa (ESPN2)
    10:59 pm – Hawaii at Southern Illinois (ESPN)

The five games that will be featured on ESPN Plus/ ESPN Full Court includes (all times CST):
    Noon – Louisiana-Lafayette at Rice
    2:00 pm – East Tennessee State at Fresno State
    3:00 pm – Southwest Missouri State at Miami (Ohio)
    6:00 pm – Austin Peay at Wichita State
    8:00 pm – Toledo at Nevada

Homes SO Clean

Feb 21st 12:00.

Rice's arena only holds 5000 people. I just called the ticket office and the tickets are 18.00 for lower level and 13.00 for upper level. Rice has not sold out a game yet this year at home average attendance is about 2700. Not even the UCON game was sold out,(4653 attendance) but it was the largest crowd of the year. We should be able to get some seats, but it would be cool to go as a group and get a section all together!

6. Default

Originally posted by Jason
    We should be able to get some seats, but it would be cool to go as a group and get a section all together!
    That would be cool, wish I could go.

Sorry bout the bad time I'm on Eastern Time over here.
    Should be a good game. I'll be buying the game on television as soon as it becomes availible.

Thread Information