Baked Catfish Dijon

I really enjoy catfish, but I was nervous because this recipe calls for an entire cup of mayo. I_love_mayo, but that’s a massive amount of it. It also calls for Dijon mustard, which means that there were a lot of Grey Poupon jokes going on at my house. It took a little longer to bake in my oven, too. My oven is on its last leg and doesn’t heat like it used to. Sometimes it heats way too much, way too fast. Sometimes it is just_mildly_warm. There is also no way of knowing if you have it on the correct temperature. At one time, the knob was broken off and replaced with a knob that has different temperature markings on it. So there is a line (marked with a permanent marker) where 350 degrees is supposed to be, but I’m not really 100% sure if that is correct. What I usually do when I have to use the oven is watch it closely. You never know what the oven will do (or not do). I followed the recipe to a “T”, but I forgot to sprinkle the parsley. I even had it in a cute little cup to remind me to sprinkle it on top afterwards, and I forgot it. I didn’t do lemon wedges, either. I served this with a side of frozen veggies. It tasted much better than I was expecting. Next time, a little less mayo.

Oh, and due to a typo that my grandmother made, I had to google what the word “dush” means. After seeing the results, I have decided that it was definitely_a typo, and I am going to edit the recipe accordingly.

—-

2 pounds of catfish, seasoning to taste, 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion, 2 tbsp butter, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp dry vermouth, 1/2 tsp Tabasco, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish. Season liberally and cover with sliced onions. Pour butter over fish. Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Mix mayo, mustard, vermouth, and_Tabasco. Pour over fish. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until brown and bubbly. Sprinkle parsley over top of finished dish. Serve with lemon wedges.

More.