#3 ACC .5726
    #4 Big XII .5650
    #5 CUSA .5319
    #6 Sun Belt .5311
    #7 Big East .5306
    #8 Big West .5262
    #9 Southern Conference .5226
    #10 Mountain West .5178

After crunching the numbers myself, this is a case where Boyd's Conference RPI is well off of what is used by the NCAA. This is because he is using the Adjusted RPI in his calculations. The Base RPI is used by the NCAA to calculate Conference RPI. Warren Nolan's Conference RPI is actually more accurate than Boyd's because he does not calculate anything using Adjusted RPI. But he still has some small errors (which you will notice when compared to the above) because he does not include ties in the calculations.

So, to help clarify the relavancy of RPI numbers you see on the web .

- NCAA Baseball Individual Team RPI accuracy and RPI rankings
    Boyd's -> OK because he uses the Adjusted RPI . but not completely accurate because he does not count ties in his Base RPI calculation and does not account for neutral games w/respect to the RPI bonus tiers.

Warren Nolan -> Practically useless because the Base RPI is slightly wrong (ties are not counted) and the Adjusted RPI is not calculated. Thus, significant differences with respect to the actual NCAA RPI

- NCAA Baseball Conference RPI
    Boyd's -> Not accurate as Adjusted RPI is used and ties are not counted.

Warren Nolan -> Close, as Base RPI is used . but not completely accurate as ties are not counted.

Brian

Brian

Brian

2. Default Re: Conference RPI (5/29)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ #1 Pac 10 .5820
    #2 SEC .5808
    #3 ACC .5726
    #4 Big XII .5650
    #5 CUSA .5319
    #6 Sun Belt .5311
    #7 Big East .5306
    #8 Big West .5262
    #9 Southern Conference .5226
    #10 Mountain West .5178

Brian _
    So Brian if a guy from Tech starts to brag about their conference---I can actually say that the Cajuns are in a better bball conference?????----also if a Tulane guy brags --I can say statistically that we are on a par with CUSA????

3. UL Baseball Re: Conference RPI (5/29)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ So Brian if a guy from Tech starts to brag about their conference---I can actually say that the Cajuns are in a better bball conference?????----also if a Tulane guy brags --I can say statistically that we are on a par with CUSA???? _
    Do not confuse RPI with something that is actually a valid measure of team or conference strength.

Brian

Thread Information