Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns are champions of Baton Rouge Regional

Default Cajuns are champions of Baton Rouge Regional

By Steve Peloquin
    Guest Columnist
    Posted May 23, 2010

"This is so special," said UL third baseman Melissa Verde. "It feels a little different now, as compared to '2008, when we won the regional here. I guess that's because I'm a senior, and I realize that every regional we play in could be my last."

http://louisiana.scout.com/2/972044.html

Default Re: Cajuns are champions of Baton Rouge Regional

I hope Yvette Girourard enjoys hauling her money bags back to her house in Broussard this week while The Lady Cajuns continue playing after smacking LSU around at their home park! Hope the money was worth it Yvette! UL definitly came out ahead.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ I hope Yvette Girourard enjoys hauling her money bags back to her house in Broussard this week while The Lady Cajuns continue playing after smacking LSU around at their home park! Hope the money was worth it Yvette! UL definitly came out ahead.

GEAUX UL! _
    Boy no kidding Mike and Steph vs Yvette???? No brainer Yvette thought this little ole college would fall apart after she left for bigger and better things. To the contrary UL remains the #1 softball program in Louisiana proven on the field over and over again.

Take your SEC induced rankings and shove em

I know all of you are excited about the regional win, but winning one game by 1 - 0 doesn't exactly mean "smacking" anyone. The game could have been won by either team. That was the Championship game. The games after that were didn't really matter much. There's no way Texas A & M was going to win 4 games in a row with one pitcher. LSU probably had a very slight chance to win three games in a row only because they had the Pitchers, but the Saturday game was the championship. UL won 1 - 0 and if I'm not mistaken LSU outhit UL 5 - 4.

So, take your shots at Yvette and LSU as much as you want, but LSU still leads the series 12 - 6. (I had to take that shot).

It's just like when LSU plays Saban.

I'm off today, so Fire away!

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ I know all of you are excited about the regional win, but winning one game by 1 - 0 doesn't exactly mean "smacking" anyone. The game could have been won by either team. That was the Championship game. The games after that were didn't really matter much. There's no way Texas A & M was going to win 4 games in a row with one pitcher. LSU probably had a very slight chance to win three games in a row only because they had the Pitchers, but the Saturday game was the championship. UL won 1 - 0 and if I'm not mistaken LSU outhit UL 5 - 4.

So, take your shots at Yvette and LSU as much as you want, but LSU still leads the series 12 - 6. (I had to take that shot).

I'm off today, so Fire away! _
    LSU was overated. UL was underated.

Yea, we need to enjoy this past weekend. I know that the ul/lsu rivalry gets taken a little out content bc of the coaching thing. When Yvette was here she did great things but she tried to better herself finacially. Stef and mike have done a great job continuing to building the program. But we should have the approach of been there done that although they are a good team. There are bigger fish to fry now

igeaux.mobi

_ I know all of you are excited about the regional win, but winning one game by 1 - 0 doesn't exactly mean "smacking" anyone. The game could have been won by either team. That was the Championship game. The games after that were didn't really matter much. There's no way Texas A & M was going to win 4 games in a row with one pitcher. LSU probably had a very slight chance to win three games in a row only because they had the Pitchers, but the Saturday game was the championship. UL won 1 - 0 and if I'm not mistaken LSU outhit UL 5 - 4.

Actually, one pitcher often carries a team through these tournaments in softball. Not as much these days, but it still happens.

Also, 2 wins in 2008 and 1 in 2010 vs. LSU in regionals on their field may not constitute a "beatdown." It does, however, constitute a trend. That trend is not likely to end any time soon, either.

That is great that LSU out hit us, maybe they could have out hit UCLA alsoI guess we will never know.

1 thing is for sure they can hit! They also out hit A&M, maybe next year they will try to "out score" the opposition.

Did they get a trophey for out hitting all of the teams that they played against in the regional?

GEAUX CAJUNS!

9. UL Softball Re: Cajuns are champions of Baton Rouge Regional

Yvette has a very good team. You are right it could have gone either way. Texas A&M has a very good team but I think UL had their number both games.

This year UL is better.

By my personal scoring system McNeese scored 0 points in this regional, LSU scored 1, TA&M scored 4 and UL scored 10

10. Default Re: Cajuns are champions of Baton Rouge Regional

Funny thing is, before the regional started, everyone that knows anything about softball was saying that this was going to be the most competitive regional anywhere, and that any 4 of the teams could win it. hmm.

Yes, UL will be strong next year. I predict a top ten pre-season ranking.

Yes, I definately understand hits don't matter. My daughter pitched a one-hitter in high school one game and lost 2 - 0. Our team had 9 hits and didn't score.

The Lotiefs are 4 and 4 winners of the last 3. Your coach had a 2-8 record against LSU while here. She couldn't beat'em so she joined them. Now she can't beat UL anymore.

Yea I played baseball against a guy that threw 2 no hitters against us, one his junior and one his senior year. We beat him both games 3-0 and 2-0. Im sure he can relate

igeaux.mobi

While there was a close game, make no mistake about this: The Cajuns didn't win the regional.they dominated it.

_ Yes, UL will be strong next year. I predict a top ten pre-season ranking.

Yes, I definately understand hits don't matter. My daughter pitched a one-hitter in high school one game and lost 2 - 0. Our team had 9 hits and didn't score. _
    In terms of facilities and overall record, It's fair to say LSU has the better program. With UL winning two out of the last three regionals in Baton Rouge, it's fair to say the Cajuns had the better team both years.

When you consider what this staff has accomplished on their nickel & dime budget, it's quite amazing. Its hard for Cajun fans to forget Coach Girourads parting words,"She could not compete any longer at UL". Mike and Stefni Lotief have proven her words were hollow and continue to do so every year.

Let us not forget, it's been LSU's fans that have made it clear in discussion of losing to UL Baseball or Softball, that the Cajuns haven't won when it matters most. It seems to me, Cajun softball has won when it has matter the most in their last two appearences in the Baton Rouge Regional. And now we are to believe the no one cares about softball at LSU, in light of building a 20 mil dollar facility.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information