Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Default Re: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Quote Originally Posted by bengalcajun
    If it had been a rivalry, LSU would have thrown starting pitching at UL when the Cajuns were throwing their aces. That right there speaks volumes about Smoke and Tony's perspectives. Tony would hurt his chances at winning a weekend series to beat the Tigers. Smoke would give the UL game away to keep his weekend rotation intact. An SEC series against Kentucky meant more than the UL games. That my friends is not a rivalry!
    Tony Robichaux has never jeopardized a weekend conference series by throwing a weekend pitcher in a weekday game. The times weekend pitchers did pitch weekday games occurred when Sun Belt conference play had not started yet. When the Cajuns won an April game in BR a few years ago, Phillip Devey was the winning pitcher. He was a freshman then and the good performance moved him into a starters role later in his career. I remember being at the game and telling folks how important it was to Tony Robichaux to win the game without going to his weekend staff because he wanted to quelch misinformation shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Tony Robichaux has never jeopardized a weekend conference series by throwing a weekend pitcher in a weekday game. The times weekend pitchers did pitch weekday games occurred when Sun Belt conference play had not started yet. When the Cajuns won an April game in BR a few years ago, Phillip Devey was the winning pitcher. He was a freshman then and the good performance moved him into a starters role later in his career. I remember being at the game and telling folks how important it was to Tony Robichaux to win the game without going to his weekend staff because he wanted to quelch misinformation shown above.
    At the time, Devey was a freshman with a ERA in the neighborhood of 7-ish. B.J. Ryan was brought on in relief. While he's an all-world closer now, he was our fifth starter and everyday first-baseman at the time.

And just for laughs, let's remember who Skip brought on in relief in that same game: All-American (and staff ace) Patrick Coogan, who was tagged with the loss.

3. Default Re: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08
    I think that is why they do not want to play is in baseball anymore. We are one of the few in state teams that could beat them with some consistancy.

No matter what anyone from LSU says. We (UL) are a threat to them & they hate it.
    We fans are obviously entitled to our opinions, no matter how idiotic they can be sometimes.(mine included) But you and I both know that the reason LSU & ULL don't play each other in baseball has NOTHING to do with ULL beating LSU on occasion. Just like the guys said, we play Tulane every year. It has everything to do with the things that went down at and before the CWS. So to say that LSU feels threatened by ULL, only the people who are paranoid. Unfortunately that is the only ones you read/hear about. Why would LSU in general feel threatened by ULL? ULL will NEVER (unless LSU goes back to the early and mid 90's) beat LSU in football. That is not being stuck up, irrational, stupid,(enter your name calling here), it's just a realistic fact. Now ULL can claim to have a better educational program as can LSU. Who cares really? No one stays in the state anyway to make anything better. There is one other thing that I would like to point out. LSU isn't LSU without football. The same can be said for ULL. Because I live in lafayette, so I see what goes on. I never see as much ULL coverage during other times of the year than i do right now and the rest of the football season. That says nothing bad about ULL or LSU.(well yeah it does in the grand scheme of things) It just says that the only reason we go crazy about ULL and LSU is because we are southern folk and all we love is football. Flame away!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kracka75LSU
    ULL will NEVER (unless LSU goes back to the early and mid 90's) beat LSU in football. That is not being stuck up, irrational, stupid,(enter your name calling here), it's just a realistic fact.
    My mother, a very wise sagacious person, constantly reminded her chilren to NEVER say NEVER, because you will always be proven wrong. Think about it!!

5. Default Re: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    My mother, a very wise sagacious person, constantly reminded her chilren to NEVER say NEVER, because you will always be proven wrong. Think about it!!
    Please read the text inside the parenthesis.

6. Default Re: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Quote Originally Posted by bengalcajun
    Mid-week games during the season mean little to fans and recruits. Cajuns always threw their ace against LSU during the mid-week games, Tigers started the bullpen. Fans and recruits see this. Even if the Cajuns could take 2 of 3 from LSU every year in a weekend series, Alex Box would still be full!
    Just like the "BOX" was FULL this past season?

Quote Originally Posted by kracka75LSU
    UL will NEVER (unless LSU goes back to the early and mid 90's) beat LSU in football.
    I bet the University of Florida said the same thing about Florida State back when they were the only game in town. While Florida State was building their program.

8. Default Re: How Texas A&M fans feel looking back to 1996

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    I bet the University of Florida said the same thing about Florida State back when they were the only game in town. While Florida State was building their program.
    Once again I ask that you look at what I put in parenthesis. But in addition I think your comparing apples to oranges. But I don't want to go any further into this. Cause I am not here to pump up LSU. Just to chat and put my two cents in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information